Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
You can also change your gender assignment. Legally, and rather permanently.

I freaking find THAT the most terrifying one of all.

The shooting and tanks and whatnot at 18 is bad too, but at least then there is usually someone older like, in charge. Maybe. Sometimes.

I think gender reassignment should be reserved for like 28 to be on the safe side. I would get crucified if I ever said that to the alphabet folks (they're worse than "deaf culture' about the whole assimilation thing, I personally think) but like, HAVE YOU SEEN ONE of those SURGERIES OMG.

Anna
Ok, Anna, here's a true story for you: Our best man in our wedding, who was also my husbands best childhood friend, transgendered about 15 years ago,after he had a wife and two sons. He went to the Philipines for the surgery. He cashed in his 401K to get the surgery done. My husband is still friends with her/him which I have reservations about. Anyways it's really weird when you know someone as one gender and then they switch. Bigger and taller than my husband, but wanted him to carry his luggage when he came to stay at a nearby hotel. Strange!

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I'm glad I have enough nicotine in my freezer to see me to my grave.

And, @Rossum, it has been a creepily mild winter.

While I am legitimately happy for you, I feel bad for all the people in Main that vaping COULD have saved.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
While I am legitimately happy for you, I feel bad for all the people in Main that vaping COULD have saved.
Well, of course. A friend of mine who desperately wants to quit smoking just decided to try vaping. This is terrible news for her and others like her. Actually, she'll be fine--I have enough to share--but so many others won't be as lucky. Lots of smokers here, too.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Well, of course. A friend of mine who desperately wants to quit smoking just decided to try vaping. This is terrible news for her and others like her. Actually, she'll be fine--I have enough to share--but so many others won't be as lucky. Lots of smokers here, too.

Now would be a good time to tell everyone you know that vapes to stock up as much as humanly possible. Even if they don't know how to DIY yet, they can learn later. This is also when I would be considering some of the more concentrated nic bases. I don't live anywhere near Maine and I am beside myself that a government could do that to it's people.

I coun't myself lucky every day that I live in a State that seems to at least have some level of common sense. Where I live, the tax on vaping stuff is 8.25% which is our standard sales tax on everything (since we don't have any income tax) and no talk of any sort of ban that I have heard. The only way I ever see it being banned here is by Federal law.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
And I loved Maine, every time I have been there, which at least a dozen times.
If this bill gets passed, I wont go back.

That would be a shame, I would have to find a dilapidated Lobster shack in a different state to spend my money at.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
On second though, I might just get a truck, add a "second gas tank" drive to New Hampshire, and fill that second tank with 250mg/ml nic. Then come back mix it up into vapeable levels and sell that on the black market. $$$$

I once calculated that if I took all my nic and made it up into 6mg juice and sold it at $30 per 1oz bottle from the parking lot behind the pizza joint it would be worth almost as much as my house. That wasn't factoring in the cost of the bottles, VG, flavoring, etc. But still a nice little retirement earner.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I once calculated that if I took all my nic and made it up into 6mg juice and sold it at $30 per 1oz bottle from the parking lot behind the pizza joint it would be worth almost as much as my house. That wasn't factoring in the cost of the bottles, VG, flavoring, etc. But still a nice little retirement earner.

Now do the math with 20 gallons of 250mg nic base. :D

Hint: It's over $3.2 million.

EDIT: How I would get away with it, is I would make the customer provide their own bottles to put it in. That way I am not breaking the law by selling "liquid nicotine containers" as the law puts it. I am only selling the liquid itself, which the law does not seem to specifically say is illegal to sell.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

It just seems like we are All sitting in an Audience watching some Stage Play.

We Hiss when the Villains enter from Stage Left. And we Applaud when the Hero delivers the lines we like. But the Play Keeps going on. And somewhere backstage they are getting the Volcano ready for the Heroine to jump into.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
It just seems like we are All sitting in an Audience watching some Stage Play.

We Hiss when the Villains enter from Stage Left. And we Applaud when the Hero delivers the lines we like. But the Play Keeps going on. And somewhere backstage they are getting the Volcano ready for the Heroine to jump into.
Or they're getting the volcano ready to erupt, killing untold numbers.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Or they're getting the volcano ready to erupt, killing untold numbers.

Well, shooting them, as tempting as it may be, would not be socially acceptable. ;)

I just kinda thought that by now that there would be More?

I guess it is like seeing a car crash Everyday on your way home from work. At First, it is Shocking. What with the Blood and the Broken Glass on the pavement. And you might even jump out of your car to try to Do Something.

But after awhile, it Doesn't seem all that Tragic. So you just Sit Back and Watch It as you pass.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Seeing as how we are consumers of liquid nicotine, and that nicotine once consumed enters our bodies, would that not make us liquid nicotine containers, and therefore our mere presence in the state of Maine outlawed?

Funny

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Seeing as how we are consumers of liquid nicotine, and that nicotine once consumed enters our bodies, would that not make us liquid nicotine containers, and therefore our mere presence in the state of Maine outlawed?
Given the number of smokers in my town, boy, would the population plummet.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
One of the key moments in our son's journey occurred in high school biology. His all too hot teacher told the class that if they wanted to experiment with drugs or alcohol, just wait until you're 25 when the brain is fully developed. She made quite the impression and he has lived by her words. Much smarter boy than his dad.

Did I say she was hot?
Here's a pic of my son winning a major award from his teacher in 5th grade. Not sure he was listening to her that much, but I was. She made quite an impression on me.
upload_2019-2-19_21-5-11.png

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Users who are viewing this thread