Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
There is a very simple way to counter this. All vape shops simply stop carrying juul. This combined with the FDA crackdown on juul in CStores and the online sales ban some states are implementing, would put a world of hurt on juul. I wouldn't mind if they were forced out of business completely. That will probably never happen though.

I guess it depends on how many other vaping organizations agree that Juul is no friend to the vaping industry. I was actually ecstatic to see that there was such an attitude at all among any of those vaping organizations. At least I know I'm not alone in thinking Juul is absolutely NO friend to vaping. :sneaky:

Reactions: stols001

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's early but I had a hard time with that article it was a bit like a cross between a "find the mole" and wack-a-mole, frankly.

Juul if you are being more nefarious, knock it off. I have tried to consistently be neutral or at least not HATE the unbearable hate... I would be sad for that to have to change.

Anna

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm so confused... So much hate for JUUL. Sounds like a bit of conspiracy theory to me. I honestly don't know what to think. And then there's this:

'We don't want them in our city': SF officials seek Juul crackdown

Considering that JUUL is a native child--it was invented by two Stanford grads and is headquartered in San Francisco--the whole thing is really weird. :confused:

Yeah... JUUL is kinda like Stalin in WWII.

Someone you Don't Like, Can't Trust completely, and even Fear to a degree. But someone you Want and Need as an Ally.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm so confused... So much hate for JUUL. Sounds like a bit of conspiracy theory to me. I honestly don't know what to think.
Wayne’s World Comic Trolls Outgoing FDA Commissioner

"Yeah.. and monkeys might fly out of my ....!

Playing off the 90’s comedy movie “Waynes World” starring Mike Meyers, Dana Carvey and Rob Lowe, a vape lifestyle company has summed up the current status of JUUL and the vape industry in one hilarious comic."

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I've got a Juul. I had high hopes for it. (And I've been vaping for I'm not sure how many years now.) Thought it would be a nice light weight mod to carry around in my pocket. Well it was, but I really did not like the juices.
That said, I did not think they were evil, before the investment in them by big tobacco, nor after that.
Not to my taste. But, if they help smokers, that's a good thing, regardless of who their financial partners are.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I've got a Juul. I had high hopes for it. (And I've been vaping for I'm not sure how many years now.) Thought it would be a nice light weight mod to carry around in my pocket. Well it was, but I really did not like the juices.
That said, I did not think they were evil, before the investment in them by big tobacco, nor after that.
Not to my taste. But, if they help smokers, that's a good thing, regardless of who their financial partners are.

I don't hate JUUL, nor do I think they are evil. However, if we are trying to build something, they are like the Three Stooges that bumble in and accidentally tear it all down.

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
However, if we are trying to build something, they are like the Three Stooges that bumble in and accidentally tear it all down.

upload_2019-3-26_0-13-37.gif

Reactions: hittman

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

I remember in the 70's when we were all riding Triumphs and BSA's and the Japanese arrived with their cheap tacky little bikes that didn't even leak oil. They were disrupting the market. Selling below cost to get their foot in the door. Stealing customers away from real bikes and eventually taking over. For a while there a lot of us actually hated Japanese bikes. Seems silly looking back.

I don't think there's any point in being mad at Juul, the way they operate, or anything else. If they weren't meeting a need we would never have heard of them. If everyone was happy with KFL's and Provaris like me then subohming and big batteries wouldn't be a thing either.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I remember in the 70's when we were all riding Triumphs and BSA's and the Japanese arrived with their cheap tacky little bikes that didn't even leak oil. They were disrupting the market. Selling below cost to get their foot in the door. Stealing customers away from real bikes and eventually taking over. For a while there a lot of us actually hated Japanese bikes. Seems silly looking back.

I agree. The only difference is that nobody was threatening to ban or severely limit the sales of all bikes or cars, for that matter, to save the children...

Kevin Billingsley

Dec 13, 2018

I don't think there's any point in being mad at Juul, the way they operate, or anything else. If they weren't meeting a need we would never have heard of them. If everyone was happy with KFL's and Provaris like me then subohming and big batteries wouldn't be a thing either.

The need they're filling is selling to kids. I don't know if they set out to do that or not but that's what's happened. You've got high schoolers who don't even know the words vape or vaping talking about getting themselves a Juul. At my son's high school he tells me there's about a dozen kids with them. Not one other vape product, all Juuls. The Juul has become the new smoking. While that may be a healthier scenario for the kids, it's really bad for us.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
The need they're filling is selling to kids. I don't know if they set out to do that or not but that's what's happened. You've got high schoolers who don't even know the words vape or vaping talking about getting themselves a Juul. At my son's high school he tells me there's about a dozen kids with them. Not one other vape product, all Juuls. The Juul has become the new smoking. While that may be a healthier scenario for the kids, it's really bad for us.

Like I said, the Three Stooges, coming in and F'ing up the program.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts

But, do you want your kids smoking or drinking? I suspect not. Should therefore real tobacco and alcohol be removed from the marketplace?
Hahahaha. Adults want to keep access to their "vices" while keeping the little kiddies pure. What a laugh.
Sorry, I'm not picking on you. It's just so pathetic.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Finally may we get to the heart of the matter…

"Critics call executive agencies the “fourth branch” of the U.S. government. They say officials in this so-called administrative state are unaccountable to voters and allow unelected bureaucrats to usurp the functions of governmental branches. Congress, they say, is supposed to make the laws of the land, but lawmakers have steadily ceded that body’s constitutionally prescribed powers to the administrative state, to the overall detriment of society.…

If this happens, it could help work a smaller-government revolution that tears away at the legal underpinnings of the modern administrative state."

Supreme Court Hears Case About Medical Benefits That Could Shake Administrative State

Good luck all. :)

Users who are viewing this thread