Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I really would like to nominate this post for an off topic award but only if it means the mods aren't summoned.
Nah, I am sure you can top this in a heartbeat!:D

I was gonna suggest parasites, but that would have actually been pretty much on topic in this thread.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
This has to be the Best Off-Topic Post I have seen in this Thread. And that is Say'n a Lot.
But then again most of the last 2 pages has been off topic :D

Well the nature of this thread has been that it constantly goes off topic, until the next piece of news drops then it gets back on topic.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Well the nature of this thread has been that it constantly goes off topic, until the next piece of news drops then it gets back on topic.

It Wasn't always like that.

Maybe it was that people saw the Topic as being Important? Or because of who the OP was? Or that in a Forum with Thousand and Thousand of threads, there is/was Only One deeming thread.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
It Wasn't always like that.

Maybe it was that people saw the Topic as being Important? Or because of who the OP was? Or that in a Forum with Thousand and Thousand of threads, there is/was Only One deeming thread.
Well, imo when deeming was announced, that was one big, all-encompassing piece of news at the time. After it got postponed, there have been numerous rumors, bits of news, and periodic scares. No single, big, "tangible" foe to fight as of the moment, but smaller skirmishes everywhere.

And numerous other threads deal with the daily news as it comes out, so the message here is a little diluted.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston

I’ll have to follow this thread closer then lol!!! I get acid reflux when the talk is about regulating vaping. Not sure why since I have everything I need but I’m more worried about the millions of lives that could be saved by vaping in lieu of smoking.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Well, imo when deeming was announced, that was one big, all-encompassing piece of news at the time. After it got postponed, there have been numerous rumors, bits of news, and periodic scares. No single, big, "tangible" foe to fight as of the moment, but smaller skirmishes everywhere.

And numerous other threads deal with the daily news as it comes out, so the message here is a little diluted.

Brew, you know that drawer we all throw everything we might ever need but never find???

This is it.

Good luck. :)

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I’m more worried about the millions of lives that could be saved by vaping in lieu of smoking.
    Not to mention the BILLIONS of dollars (not just USD, other currencies as well) that politicians and a lot of three or more letter agencies won't be getting if more of us live longer..

Philabos

ECF Veteran
    Aug 9, 2017
    I was just asked by a smoker outside the theater tonight about vaping. Obviously a long time smoker.
    "Did you smoke?"
    Yes
    For nearly 40 years.
    "Did you quit with vaping?"
    Yes
    "I am going to have to try that"
    I thought, but didn't say, probably already too late for you.
    Between the Feds and the State, they will cut you off at the knees.
    What a shame.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I thought, but didn't say, probably already too late for you.
    Why? Pretty much everything one could want is still available and likely will remain so for another for another two years. That's plenty of time to get stocked up.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2013
    Springfield, MO
    Word of mouth inquiry is how I found ECF and i bet most of us that have been vaping now for years. Cigalikes, the only locally available thing back then didn't cut it (which I had tried along with all the "conventional" methods), but thankfully ECF members had the answers.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Yes, and then other things may happen.

Honestly, I am not sure how fearful I am about Federal Regulations although deeming certainly got me into a BUNCH of stuff I probably would have waited on. I think the states are actually doing a better job at crippling vapers to an extent there is just something so scary about an ACTUAL Federal ban.

I don't buy the whole live longer thing. Do you know how expensive COPD is? I didn't even HAVE it, and I was paying a TON on medical copays. I have read (again, no source) that when you factor in sick days, loss of productivity and cost of end users who die of horrible things, the government actually MAKES out.

Also, SSI could just raise the retirement age to 95, I mean they are almost there already.

Anna

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    I dual used for about 5 years before I quit early 2012. Then, it was a rough ego/clearomizer 9 months till I joined ECF and discovered there was actually gear out there that worked for ME. I can’t put my hands on the article atm, but Im sure one of y’all can. It compared the huge drop in smoking rates in countries that are hands off vaping/snus vs the US. Sweden with snus has the lowest rate of lung/cardiac disease from smoking in the world. Runaway trolley indeed...(I COULD find this one)...

Philabos

ECF Veteran
    Aug 9, 2017
    Why? Pretty much everything one could want is still available and likely will remain so for another for another two years. That's plenty of time to get stocked up.
    Easy to say when you have been up to speed for awhile.
    For someone just pondering, think about giving them a list.
    Let's see, start with a lifetime supply of nic, and go on from there to DIY, coil wrapping, etc. . Flavors, err probably gone soon too.
    It took me about a year of dual use to finally make the jump.
    The ponderer looking at this landscape would just drive to the gas station and buy another carton. No hassle and the government pockets their taxes.
    Happy to make it easy for you.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    The ponderer looking at this landscape would just drive to the gas station and buy another carton. No hassle and the government pockets their taxes.
    Sadly, 99.9% of the time that is what is going to happen.

edit: except for the taxes in pocket part, that's gonna happen 100% of the time..

Last edited:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Easy to say when you have been up to speed for awhile.
    For someone just pondering, think about giving them a list.
    Let's see, start with a lifetime supply of nic, and go on from there to DIY, coil wrapping, etc. . Flavors, err probably gone soon too.
    It took me about a year of dual use to finally make the jump.
    Happy to make it easy for you.
    OK, I suppose I have a different perspective than you do. I bought my first kit on-line in December of 2013. I had not intended to quit smoking; I only wanted to see if I could use it to cut back some. Well cut back I did; right down to zero in less than a week. In fact, I never finished the pack I'd opened the morning my first kit arrived. Two weeks after my last cigarette, I ordered my first liter of nic base. I didn't have a clue about DIY at that point, but I wanted to be certain that nobody would ever be able take this miracle-cure for smoking away from me.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
    Aug 9, 2017
    OK, I suppose I have a different perspective than you do. I bought my first kit on-line in December of 2013. I had not intended to quit smoking; I only wanted to see if I could use it to cut back some. Well cut back I did; right down to zero in less than a week. In fact, I never finished the pack I'd opened the morning my first kit arrived. Two weeks after my last cigarette, I ordered my first liter of nic base. I didn't have a clue about DIY at that point, but I wanted to be certain that nobody would ever be able take this miracle-cure for smoking away from me.

True. You made the transition very quickly. I started with some not so great gear. Never dreamed of buying nic, didn't even know you could.
    ECF made a huge difference. Bought the Endura T18 and I was off the cigs.
    Frankly, today if I were just pondering and read what's going on with vaping, I probably wouldn't even bother to try. Just buy the cigs at the store with nobody breathing down your neck.
    All of that said, my doctor still gives me a big smile when I say I am still vaping instead of smoking.

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Its a rv park that rents FEMA trailers to oilfield workers I clean them o CE a week

Ahh. I was just curious. When I was 16-17 I used to love raiding junk yards to see what I could find under car seats that was left behind. Once I found a whole case of cassette tapes with some really good stuff in it.

Users who are viewing this thread