Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Got this today from Vapor Authority.

Dear Mick,

We wanted to send out this newsletter to bring you up to speed as to what's coming in the weeks and months ahead regarding the vaping industry.

SHIPPING RATES: USPS and FedEx have confirmed that they will no longer ship any tobacco product, including all vape products. FedEx will stop in March and USPS will stop soon thereafter. In addition, all states will require an adult signature for delivery. The result is that shipping prices will be going up substantially.

TAXES: In the coming months, all vape companies will be required to collect excise taxes in addition to sales taxes for all sales. This will increase the final cost of all vape purchases, whether online or in-person.

DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS: You have most likely noticed that many vape products have been discontinued over the past couple of months. This is the result of the Premarket Tobacco Product Application (PMTA) requirement for all tobacco products by the FDA. Manufacturers will continue discontinuing products in the coming months, which will greatly reduce what will be available for purchase.

BUY WHAT YOU CAN, WHILE YOU CAN!

THIS IS THE TIME TO STOCK UP!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Manufacturers will continue discontinuing products in the coming months

Maybe, but there are many vapers in many EU countries and other parts of the world. USA is a large market for vape, but I don't see products being discontinued by Chinese vape manufacturers just because of the USA. I believe there's a large market out there without it.

• Agree
    Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain

TAXES: In the coming months, all vape companies will be required to collect excise taxes in addition to sales taxes for all sales. This will increase the final cost of all vape purchases, whether online or in-person.

Wondering how much tax will be applied.
    I mean i can see high taxation on cigarettes,you know it makes people sicker so they need to cover the extra medical care costs.

But in the case of vaping (which doesn't result in people getting sick) what is their (insert expletive word) excuse for putting taxes on it...just pure greed I'm guessing.

2Sassy4u

Oct 19, 2020
    Tyler

Dear Mick,

We wanted to send out this newsletter to bring you up to speed as to what's coming in the weeks and months ahead regarding the vaping industry.

SHIPPING RATES: USPS and FedEx have confirmed that they will no longer ship any tobacco product, including all vape products. FedEx will stop in March and USPS will stop soon thereafter. In addition, all states will require an adult signature for delivery. The result is that shipping prices will be going up substantially.

DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS: You have most likely noticed that many vape products have been discontinued over the past couple of months. This is the result of the Premarket Tobacco Product Application (PMTA) requirement for all tobacco products by the FDA. Manufacturers will continue discontinuing products in the coming months, which will greatly reduce what will be available for purchase.

BUY WHAT YOU CAN, WHILE YOU CAN!

THIS IS THE TIME TO STOCK UP!

I'm trying to wrap my head around this. how can they require a signature on something they won't ship?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I'm trying to wrap my head around this. how can they require a signature on something they won't ship?

Because I think they are insinuating they will be using UPS. However, I think they are being overly optimistic because if FedEx isn't going to deliver "tobacco products" to a residence then UPS will likely follow suit. In fact, I believe that someone already posted evidence in this thread that private carriers are already being pressured to not deliver "tobacco products" to residences.

Reactions: MikeE3

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    That would be funny if it wasn't so sad. I don't think I have time to get properly stocked up. Oh well, we'll do what we can.

If by "I don't think I have time" you mean "I don't think I have enough money" then you're probably right. But if you have enough money you don't need that much time.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    That would be funny if it wasn't so sad. I don't think I have time to get properly stocked up. Oh well, we'll do what we can.

If by "I don't think I have time" you mean "I don't think I have enough money" then you're probably right. But if you have enough money you don't need that much time.
    Agree with Junkie. If $$ is not the issue then you need to hustle. Now.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    When I said "There's more to it... but that's the basics.", you're getting into the 'more to it' stuff :) As an adult, authorities can suppress what you say or write (your freedom of speech and press) but they can't stop what you think (your freedom of conscience).

As a pre-school child (and beyond), what you think, can be controlled by the language - the words and the concepts they represent - you are taught. See "newspeak" 1984, via the curricula of mainly public schools and of 'higher' education, (advanced indoctrination - which is, imo, why it is pushed and why, as you say, they attach a stigma to not having it).

This is where the 'science' of smoking and vaping is made to look "equivalent", (see UCSF and elsewhere) when the true science of tar and nicotine is quite different. And where they push a 'stigma' of a different type. Applies to other areas, of course - again, the 'more to it' stuff, where this isn't the place to discuss. :)

I remember one day in the 90's the kids came home from school and started lecturing us about smoking. They were around the 10 - 12 age range. Found out over the next few days that all the smoking parents had got the same lecture. Don't think it made any difference to the kids in terms of how many of them became smokers. Don't know of any parents who quit smoking either. I'm sure today kids get told how terrible vaping is and they still want to give it a try.

My granddaughter is a primary school teacher, and her daughter is in primary school. They relentlessly push ideas of how kids should be kind and respectful to each other. Be Nice posters all over the walls. I didn't get that at school but I did get taught that the universe was run by an invisible God. I grew up to be a fairly nice atheist, like my parents.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I think UPS is playing it smart by keeping quiet. They're probably going to continue to deliver vaping supplies, but if they announced that, then the antis would get their panties in a wad and create such pressure on them that they would have to back down and start banning shipments too. Just my :2c:.

2Sassy4u

Oct 19, 2020
    Tyler
    Not to get that much that fast. Another 3 months and maybe... I think maybe we can get 9 years covered. We'll see I'll have to talk to the other half because we'd need to pick up a dedicated freezer as well at some point. We've been talking about it but I was hoping it wouldn't get that bad and it would just get more expensive after March.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Not to get that much that fast. Another 3 months and maybe... I think maybe we can get 9 years covered. We'll see I'll have to talk to the other half because we'd need to pick up a dedicated freezer as well at some point. We've been talking about it but I was hoping it wouldn't get that bad and it would just get more expensive after March.

Judging from your other threads, you obviously have mods and tanks or pod kits and are getting into DIY. So IMHO, you should just focus on getting your nic base right now. You don't absolutely need a freezer or glass bottles right away, just store it in your fridge while you decide how you're going to freeze it (but make that a priority after you get the nic). My first liter of nic I bought sat in the garage in the black plastic bottle it was shipped in for about 1-2 weeks before I froze it. Then it sat in the freezer in it's plastic bottle for a couple months before I transferred to glass. I'm using it right now. It's fine.

I know this is not the most ideal, but it's OK given the circumstances. @Rossum has proven (to a degree anyhow) that refrigerating nic base seems to slow yellowing down significantly. I have also been noticing this to be true judging from my own working bottle.

The nic base is the most important thing right now for someone who has some hardware but is late to the game of stocking up.

Last edited:

2Sassy4u

Oct 19, 2020
    Tyler
    Judging from your other threads, you obviously have mods and tanks or pod kits and are getting into DIY. So IMHO, you should just focus on getting your nic base right now. You don't absolutely need a freezer or glass bottles right away, just store it in your fridge while you decide how you're going to freeze it (but make that a priority after you get the nic). My first liter of nic I bought sat in the garage in the black plastic bottle it was shipped in for about 1-2 weeks before I froze it. Then it sat in the freezer in it's plastic bottle for a couple months before I transferred to glass. I'm using it right now. It's fine.

I know this is not the most ideal, but it's OK given the circumstances. @Rossum has proven (to a degree anyhow) that refrigerating nic base seems to slow yellowing down significantly. I have also been noticing this to be true judging from my own working bottle.

The nic base is the most important thing right now for someone who has some hardware but is late to the game of stocking up.
    That's what I'm focusing on. We have some on the way now and I can store a gallon or so with what I have now. We may have to change how we stock our meat temporarily to get by and just buy less meat at a time because we normally do bulk orders, but we'll see. Even so, I'm not optimistic about getting past a 12 year supply since we both vape and he vapes at a pretty high nic level. We shall see. We can only do what we can do.

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    I really feel for you guys,i really do.

First of all you need to have the money to actually stock up on all the vaping products you need.
    If you're not in a good financial situation you are going to be screwed,who knows how and when or what you will have to do so you can continue vaping.

Just seems they are ignoring the fact that a lot of older folks are actually living a better life thanks to vaping and not smoking anymore.

For now here in Spain we are safe...for now,but to be honest i am just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
    Probably some over taxation on nicotine,i don't see them banning vape products like mods,base or aromas.

I pray that one day they see the error in their ways and actually use facts and really look into all the good that has vaping done for the ex smokers of cigarettes.

Anyway,my sincerest best wishes go out to you guys,i hate that you guys have to put up with this bs.

cheers

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Even so, I'm not optimistic about getting past a 12 year supply since we both vape and he vapes at a pretty high nic level.

I decreased my nic from 12mg to 7-8mg not too long ago (about 3-4 months?). About a month ago I reduced to 6mg (but not sure how long that will last). I still use 12mg when I vape in lower powered setups at 7-9W, but that's maybe only 5-10% of the time.

Nicotine's like money: when times are tough you gotta tighten the belt and stretch every drop. Make due with less.

That said, in these times we live in, I wouldn't trade food for nicotine. But that's just me.

And like I said in other threads, if worse comes to worse you can always vape 0mg to satisfy your hand-to-mouth addiction and use store brand nic lozenges/gum to satisfy your nic addiction. This technique is also something that will allow you to stretch your nic base stash further into the future.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    That's what I'm focusing on. We have some on the way now and I can store a gallon or so with what I have now. We may have to change how we stock our meat temporarily to get by and just buy less meat at a time because we normally do bulk orders, but we'll see. Even so, I'm not optimistic about getting past a 12 year supply since we both vape and he vapes at a pretty high nic level. We shall see. We can only do what we can do.
    This might fall in the category of, "Desperate times calls for desperate measures".

2Sassy4u

Oct 19, 2020
    Tyler
    I decreased my nic from 12mg to 7-8mg not too long ago (about 3-4 months?). About a month ago I reduced to 6mg (but not sure how long that will last). I still use 12mg when I vape in lower powered setups at 7-9W, but that's maybe only 5-10% of the time.

Nicotine's like money: when times are tough you gotta tighten the belt and stretch every drop. Make due with less.

That said, in these times we live in, I wouldn't trade food for nicotine. But that's just me.

And like I said in other threads, if worse comes to worse you can always vape 0mg to satisfy your hand-to-mouth addiction and use store brand nic lozenges/gum to satisfy your nic addiction. This technique is also something that will allow you to stretch your nic base stash further into the future.

Yes, hopefully, I can get him to slowly cut back that would be a game-changer. If he cut back to what I use that would double the length of time. I'll keep the other suggestion in mind just in case.

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    I remember one day in the 90's the kids came home from school and started lecturing us about smoking. They were around the 10 - 12 age range. Found out over the next few days that all the smoking parents had got the same lecture.

I vividly recall that era, from my niece @ 12yrs old. There was a 'patter' along the lines of 'we love you and don't want you to die' or some such. Probably straight out of UCSF :)

My granddaughter is a primary school teacher, and her daughter is in primary school. They relentlessly push ideas of how kids should be kind and respectful to each other. Be Nice posters all over the walls..

That has been, or will be, changing, with the call for "Unity" - which actually means "U(nanim)ity" of thought-- their thought.

Users who are viewing this thread