Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Can you sum it up? What is the challenge and on what grounds is it based? And is there any chance that it will win?

I can definitely do that, but not tonight. I'll have to look up the details of the suits. Its been quite a while since they were originally filed, and my memory is not what it used to be.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
"In a letter sent to the FDA on June 7, the Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Advocacy asked the regulators to seek a court order extending for an additional year the current moratorium on enforcement actions against small vape manufacturers who submitted Premarket tobacco Applications (PMTAs) before last year’s Sept. 9 deadline.

The letter was sent to FDA Acting Commissioner Janet Woodcock and FDA Center for tobacco Products Director Mitch Zeller, and copied to the White House. It was signed by SBA Office of Advocacy Acting Chief Counsel Major L. Clark III. The Office of Advocacy’s mission is to represent the views of small business to Congress, the White House, federal agencies, federal courts, and state policymakers."

SBA Urges Another Year of Sales for PMTA-Submitted Products

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
"In a letter sent to the FDA on June 7, the Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Advocacy asked the regulators to seek a court order extending for an additional year the current moratorium on enforcement actions against small vape manufacturers who submitted Premarket Tobacco Applications (PMTAs) before last year’s Sept. 9 deadline.

The letter was sent to FDA Acting Commissioner Janet Woodcock and FDA Center for Tobacco Products Director Mitch Zeller, and copied to the White House. It was signed by SBA Office of Advocacy Acting Chief Counsel Major L. Clark III. The Office of Advocacy’s mission is to represent the views of small business to Congress, the White House, federal agencies, federal courts, and state policymakers."

After a bunch of them already threw in the towel. :facepalm:

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I think with many of them the PACT act was the killing blow. They should all band together and sue the US government in a class action civil lawsuit for the lost money from filing PMTAS that turned out to be meaningless because of the PACT act.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I think with many of them the PACT act was the killing blow. They should all band together and sue the US government in a class action civil lawsuit for the lost money from filing PMTAS that turned out to be meaningless because of the PACT act.
    Either way. The PMTA put them on the tee and the PACT Act was the final smack.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Either way. The PMTA put them on the tee and the PACT Act was the final smack.
    Along with the shipping ban. They don't need a law to ban vaping. They just choke off everything you need to make it viable.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Along with the shipping ban. They don't need a law to ban vaping. They just choke off everything you need to make it viable.

That is what they have been doing since 2006. Killing it slowly. We have been sitting around letting them. Just like a frog in a simmering pot of water.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    That is what they have been doing since 2006. Killing it slowly. We have been sitting around letting them. Just like a frog in a simmering pot of water.
    Yes, many vapers are oblivious. They don't much give a damn about anything. Add that we are severely outnumbered by the other side and we don't have much of a prayer.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    "In a letter sent to the FDA on June 7, the Small Business Administration (SBA) Office of Advocacy asked the regulators to seek a court order extending for an additional year the current moratorium on enforcement actions against small vape manufacturers who submitted Premarket Tobacco Applications (PMTAs) before last year’s Sept. 9 deadline.

The letter was sent to FDA Acting Commissioner Janet Woodcock and FDA Center for Tobacco Products Director Mitch Zeller, and copied to the White House. It was signed by SBA Office of Advocacy Acting Chief Counsel Major L. Clark III. The Office of Advocacy’s mission is to represent the views of small business to Congress, the White House, federal agencies, federal courts, and state policymakers."

There are a lot of American makers of liquid that this could be a lifeline for, as they are going through the PMTA process. A small potential victory in the face of annihilation.

I will be visiting a Mr. E-liquid store to celebrate if this court order comes to pass.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Yes, many vapers are oblivious. They don't much give a damn about anything. Add that we are severely outnumbered by the other side and we don't have much of a prayer.

Outnumbered and better funded.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    iu

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    I just have to disagree that we've been sitting around letting vaping be killed. Look at the many threads and participants in this forum. I have constantly written to the involved politicians and agencies at all levels, have tried to round up vaping and non-vaping friends to back me up by doing the same, have worked with CASAA, have stayed alert and informed, and have supported US vape sellers. You do see it over and over again though, that politicians and so called public health entities are not our friends, never work for us, and use our taxes against us.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Some vapers are oblivious, many are not. Many are vigilant and fighting hard.

"...we don't have much of a prayer."

We always have a prayer. We are spiritually and mentally stronger, more aware, more determined, and, significantly, more honest than those who work against us. Never give up.

I'm not trying to be contentious. Never give up. Keep doing all you can, stay engaged, stay in touch, bring others to awareness, keep going.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Some vapers are oblivious, many are not. Many are vigilant and fighting hard.

"...we don't have much of a prayer."

We always have a prayer. We are spiritually and mentally stronger, more aware, more determined, and, significantly, more honest than those who work against us. Never give up.

I'm not trying to be contentious. Never give up. Keep doing all you can, stay engaged, stay in touch, bring others to awareness, keep going.
    Your spirit and aggressiveness is admirable. I mean that. I’m speaking on the whole, not anecdotally. I think you have to look no further than vape shop owners and staff…many of whom had no idea that Deeming even existed.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    We on this forum and those in CASAA and other advocacy groups are but a tiny fraction of the country's vapers. Vapers as a whole are rather lackadaisical and ignorant about these matters. Most won't even bother to complain once vaping is gone, but will just pick up their favorite pack of cigarettes.

Users who are viewing this thread