Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Many moons ago I tried to get together on a weekend with vapers in Downtown Chicago at the large Picasso statue. They were told to drop in to the area anytime from 12 noon to 8PM.

I notified at least 10 vape shops in the area by email and by phone. They were all emailed a flyer. I posted the info several times on this site and others.

I never saw the guy, but allegedly one guy did show up.

Some vape stores said to me that they were having sales and that they would not direct anyone to meet up to discuss the PMTA and to get organized.

I Remember when you did that. And How Disappointed you were with the response of the Local B&M's.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Well what was the expected outcome, to organize and plan a coup on the FDA?

We have had marches, so anything visible would be better than sitting at home twiddling our thumbs.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    We have had marches, so anything visible would be better than sitting at home twiddling our thumbs.

And that changed what? Nothing! The filthy rich olegards doesn't want us to vape, period. And that is the way it is because they control virtually everything. Luckily though, vaping started out as a grassroots project and so far they can't take that away from us.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    And that changed what? Nothing! The filthy rich olegards doesn't want us to vape, period. And that is the way it is because they control virtually everything. Luckily though, vaping started out as a grassroots project and so far they can't take that away from us.

Say'n that Nothing has Changed is based on the Predicated Assumption that if Nothing was Done that things would have Turned Out Exactly as they are Now.

This may or May Not be True when it comes to e-Cigarettes.

I may be one who says that we are getting Royally Screwed when it comes to Vaping. But I will also say that we have been Granted Extensions and Look-the-Other-Way Enforcement that has allowed Many to be able to Stock Up.

Something I Question would have happened If there had been No Push-Back to what Some Wanted to do e-Cigarette Policywise.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Luckily for us zoiDman, the government is so totally incompetent. The USPS for example doesn't know how to impose the new regs. I bet they are going to ask for billions of dollars to make it happen and that probably isn't enough. Companies like UPS and FedEx doesn't have problems following the new regs. The difference between competence and non.

Take another government identity called the FDA. They have to process 6 million PMTAs by September. There is no way they can do it, I'm positive. Although by law, something that hasn't been approved will have to be removed anyway by September. That is what it looks like they are planning to me.

If they start denying PMTAs, then a flood of lawsuits will flow in. And I doubt if they want or can afford to let that happen under the current FDA budget. They will just let the clock run out and then end of story. Then the only ones left are BT and BP. Just like they originally wanted. :(

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    You think they are going to stop with just banning the sale? I don't believe they will stop there. I believe they will go after our individual's stock next.
    A few two years ago I woulda said you were nuts. Not anymore.

Doffy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    Australia
    You think they are going to stop with just banning the sale? I don't believe they will stop there. I believe they will go after our individual's stock next.
    Banning the act rarely gets a mention. The idea of not being able to vape in public, even in smoking areas.

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2020
    Nevada, USA
    "In September 2019, Nirmala Sitharaman, India’s finance minister, announced a ban on vaping products—an ordinance, passed months later by parliament, that would “prohibit the production, manufacture, import, export, transport, sale, distribution, storage, and advertisement of e-cigarettes.” .......

"Meanwhile, supposed philanthropic savior and nicotine prohibitionist Michael Bloomberg, a financial backer of The Union, has also sought to influence tobacco control in India so much so that his charity has repeatedly been under investigation by Indian authorities."

"Whichever argument you support, vaping has not had good PR. Last summer—at the time that American journalists and public-health bureaucrats ramped up their focus on JUUL and India prepared to institute its ban—panic-driven coverage emerged about soaring rates of e-cigarette use among teenagers. Then, a spate of vape-related illnesses, known as “EVALI,” terrified the US. Those figures have since dropped drastically, and vape-linked disease and fatalities were later attributed to adulterated, illicit THC oil, not nicotine."

"But the narrative is too far gone. To lawmakers, suggesting minor criticism of these policies typically borders on hearsay and almost always spurns some kind of reactionary, prohibition-minded response. Many US states—like New York, Massachusetts, California, and New Jersey—have instituted bans on nearly all flavors, and the federal government prohibits nearly all pod-based flavors. The sad conclusion is that the US has established a standard that the rest of the world has difficulty ignoring......."

The Unfolding Tragedy of India’s Vape Prohibition
    The Unfolding Tragedy of India's Vape Prohibition

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    It may come to that. It seems unlikely because the number of vapers who stocked up is probably very small and of minimal concern. Could happen though. i finished stocking before the reporting requirements went into effect. Government doesn't want vape purchaser info to not use it.

even in smoking areas.
    There are still smoking areas?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    My stash is split up between 3 physical locations. Added the third a few months back. I call it my Vape Disaster Recovery Plan. One location ever gets "deleted" there are two more.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    My stash is split up between 3 physical locations. Added the third a few months back. I call it my Vape Disaster Recovery Plan. One location ever gets "deleted" there are two more.

That's serious vapocalypse preparedness yo!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    A few two years ago I woulda said you were nuts. Not anymore.
    Nothing surprises me anymore.

Take that back, I told Dog to fetch my shoes yesterday and she proceeded to run around the house with one. That surprised me.

Stuff humans do, or guv, not so much.

Reactions: MLEJ

Users who are viewing this thread