Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

Chiisaiinu

• Apr 20, 2022
    Tacoma, WA USA
    I wouldn't personally take the chance. What are the Hong Kong regulations on importing nicotine? They are very rigid and extremist with some of their laws. You wouldn't want to be caught with the chemical if it was banned from import.
    Fair enough.. Im just passing on advice you can find anywhere, tripadvisor, ect. Doesnt seem like HK really cares about tourists.... as long as your not selling. But selling/distributing e-liquids would be a quick way to see what chinese jails are like for sure! With TSA restrictions your bottle would likely be 30ml or less I would think.

Reactions: Bliss Doubt

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Mexico totally bans sales of e-cigarettes

Assistant Health Secretary Hugo López Gatell lashed out at industry claims that vaping is safer than smoking, calling it “a big lie.”
    There may be help for Mexico, because Mexico has a cherished tradition of ignoring laws.

CASAA sent out this link to this interview with Roberto Sussman, a PhD physicist who quit smoking by vaping, and says he is "tired of people mopping the floor with junk science".

He talks about Hugo López Gatell, who sounds a lot like Anthony Fauci and equally disliked. He says Gatell is making a dedicated chew bone of vaping, now that the pandemic is over and he no longer has the spotlight.

Mexico has a smaller version of our CASAA with the unlikely name Pro Vapo, for consumers fighting for access to tobacco harm reduction products:

PROVAPEO MÉXICO – Información verídica basada en fuentes científicas y médicas sobre el cigarro electrónico

The most interesting thing that comes out in the interview is how the anti-vaping law started as a ban on a candy called "chocolate cigarettes", and later was just conveniently slapped onto the electronic cigarette.

He mentions the undue influence of the WHO on vaping policy in Mexico, and how the media there is slanted toward vaping as a dangerous addiction, never admitting it as a safer alternative to smoking, just as the media behaves here.

You have to get past the first few minutes of schmoozing about the weather while all the participants get connected. Really interesting.

Vapeon4Life

ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2020
    Nevada, USA
    There may be help for Mexico, because Mexico has a cherished tradition of ignoring laws.

CASAA sent out this link to this interview with Roberto Sussman, a PhD physicist who quit smoking by vaping, and says he is "tired of people mopping the floor with junk science".

He talks about Hugo López Gatell, who sounds a lot like Anthony Fauci and equally disliked. He says Gatell is making a dedicated chew bone of vaping, now that the pandemic is over and he no longer has the spotlight.

Mexico has a smaller version of our CASAA with the unlikely name Pro Vapo, for consumers fighting for access to tobacco harm reduction products:

PROVAPEO MÉXICO – Información verídica basada en fuentes científicas y médicas sobre el cigarro electrónico

The most interesting thing that comes out in the interview is how the anti-vaping law started as a ban on a candy called "chocolate cigarettes", and later was just conveniently slapped onto the electronic cigarette.

He mentions the undue influence of the WHO on vaping policy in Mexico, and how the media there is slanted toward vaping as a dangerous addiction, never admitting it as a safer alternative to smoking, just as the media behaves here.

You have to get past the first few minutes of schmoozing about the weather while all the participants get connected. Really interesting.

Mexico, the land of drug cartels, is not to be worried about - Soon as legal vaping has been stamped out the cartels will take over. Yes, you will pay a little more but have faith the cartels will supply all the vape stuff you need.
    In a country ruled by corruption doesn't it make you feel good that the cartels will have a new product to sell to the people?

So who are the real villains in Mexico, the drug cartels or the bought and paid for politicians ?

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Mexico, the land of drug cartels, is not to be worried about - Soon as legal vaping has been stamped out the cartels will take over. Yes, you will pay a little more but have faith the cartels will supply all the vape stull you need.
    In a country ruled by corruption doesn't it make you feel good that the cartels will have a new product to sell to the people?

So who are the real villains in Mexico, the drug cartels or the bought and paid for politicians ?
    No matter where you go in Mexico there are street markets, sort of random flea markets where they sell food, new and used goods of all kinds from astrays to engine parts, textiles, tourist curios, etc. Sussman says the street markets are already selling vape equipment and usually the police will pretend not to notice. He complains, however, of the quality of the merchandise, cheap disposables, older generation open systems.

I may re-listen to it. There was work being done on the back of my apartment while I listened, drills and other noise. He did talk about the cartels and their potential involvement. That just seems beyond absurd, the idea of drive-by shootings, kidnappings, warning type violent acts, blackmail and such over...vaping?

But Mexico is a crazy land of autonomous zones, cartel rule, and freedom for whoever can pay the most for it.

schismz

ECF Veteran
    Aug 2, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Mexico, the land of drug cartels, is not to be worried about - Soon as legal vaping has been stamped out the cartels will take over. Yes, you will pay a little more but have faith the cartels will supply all the vape stuff you need.

Yes, in Mexico the government is owned and run by the cartels.
    In the US our government is owned and run by ultra-high net worth individuals and corporations.
    Having spent time living in Mexico the only difference I can discern is that having money provides a relatively frictionless, libertarian lifestyle. You can do whatever you want -- within reason -- and nobody really cares, the laws are enforced very selectively.
    In either country, what is government? Answer: the highest level of organized crime. (see also: vaping within the US, and the absurdity that it's okay to sell vape products for cannabis but if you're a dangerous nicotine addict, well, go buy a Juul or Vuse, or something else nobody wants, or get it through the black market.)

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012

Where is Elliot Ness when we need him?

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    Substitute 'America' for 'Mexico' -- Still true.
    in Mexico the government is owned and run by the cartels
    Substitute 'America' for 'Mexico' -- Still true.

We just call the cartels 'industry lobbies.'

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Rumors are hot and heavy that the FDA will be rejecting Juul's PMTA as soon as this afternoon, effectively ordering Juul off the market.

I Don't Think this would come as any great Surprise to anyone in or around JUUL. Or the FDA.

Perhaps the Only Surprise was that it took the FDA this long to Build a Defendable Case to do so?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I lost my roll of white tape the other day. Couldn't find it anywhere. I went into convulsions.
    What, you don't have spares/backups?

f6cUsOG.jpg

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Perhaps the Only Surprise was that it took the FDA this long to Build a Defendable Case to do so?
    I guess we will see how defendable it is. I suspect Altria can and will hire some pretty good lawyers. I don't have the list of products that have gotten a PMTA (is anyone keeping track of this anymore?) but given that some similar products have gotten approved, this strikes me as a "political" move.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Here is something I got this morning from CASAA.

The headline is click-bait. It isn't really about FDA "cancelling nicotine", but it was an interesting hour nonetheless. It's about FDA's plan to nearly eliminate nicotine from cigarettes. Right. Is it the FDA really?

It still is a cigarette made of tobacco, combusted tobacco, regular or menthol. The tobacco in the VLN is genetically modified to produce very little nicotine.

Of course, as long as FDA keeps doggedly insisting it's the nicotine in cigarettes that makes smokers sick, we're sinking, though we're not sunk yet. Once the VLN cigarette takes hold, and becomes the only cigarette legally available, the idiocracy will want to reduce the nic in vaping, if only to hold their position. I hope I'm dead before we get there. I'm weary of the profit driven charade that passes for science.

The participants in the CASAA video provide a lot of info about testing the VLNC, how people dropped out of the studies, how they were caught cheating, even the test subjects who were locked in hotel rooms (discovered through the nic levels in their blood tests), and
    how none of those failures counted against the final "yay for us" test results.

I tried to drill down into the ownership of 22nd Century Group, the makers of the VLN cigarette. Nora B. Sullivan, who owns 100,000 shares, is also on the board of seven other companies. 10 million shares are owned by Blackrock, 8 million by Vanguard, and there are three pages of other capital management and institutional owners. The strongest of those players wouldn't take a chance on something like this without knowing their minions at FDA will hold the line for them. When you look at this, it honestly looks like something devised as nothing more than a money maker.

22ND CENTURY GROUP Stock Ownership - Who Owns 22ND CENTURY GROUP in 2022? | WallStreetZen

Looks like another coup against people by the public-private partnership, as the numbers of smokers have continued to fall over the years, and underage smokers are down to 2 percent. Let's make a problem so we billionaires can make some money!

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I guess we will see how defendable it is. I suspect Altria can and will hire some pretty good lawyers. I don't have the list of products that have gotten a PMTA (is anyone keeping track of this anymore?) but given that some similar products have gotten approved, this strikes me as a "political" move.

Yeah... and it Isn't like the small army of In-House Lawyers that Altria has are exactly Chopped Liver.

---

When it comes to JUUL, I just can't help but think of the Infamous Edict that Bill Gates is supposed to have issued while slamming his Fist on the Microsoft conference room table...

"I say when Windows 98 is Complete. And Windows 98 ISN'T Complete until Lotus 1-2-3 Wouldn't Run on it!"

Only replace Bill Gates with Xavier Becerra, Windows 98 with Deeming, Lotus 1-2-3 with JUUL, and "Wouldn't Run on it" with "Banned for Forever".

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread