Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
Since I posted whining about it - just wanted to post that my juul order did finally arrive.
Ordered on June 1st and just arrived on 07/14. It's like waiting for a China delivery, but they did finally arrive and feels like Christmas morning :)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Well yeah. Some of us predicted this would eventually happen as soon as the Deeming was proposed, back in 2014.

However, the author could have done a bit more diligent research.
The company [juul] launched in 2015 with mango and cucumber pods
No, actually, they didn't. Mango and Cucumber flavors were not available at juul's launch. I don't remember exactly when those flavors were introduced, but I seem to recall it was at least a year later.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
The agency also issued warning letters to two small manufacturers for selling products without first submitting a PMTA. The companies had previously registered with the FDA when manufacturing e-liquid with tobacco-derived nicotine.
Quite a long time ago, when "registration" became mandatory, I predicted some companies would regret complying. It's pretty much impossible to "fly under the radar" once you've registered as a manufacturer.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Big news - Nude Nicotine is back in retail!

That's good news. It was my favorite nic.

I wonder though. Their email said they were able to get sorted out with the regs and taxes in all the States, plus mailing regs. Did they apply under PMTA, did they figure out they didn't need to for straight nic? If they went through PMTA I never heard about it. If they didn't apply wouldn't they be in violation at this point? They are a pretty smart outfit in my opinion. Doesn't seem like they would go through all the work of getting set up with the State regs and mail rules and so forth if they were at risk of being shut down by the Feds.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Big news - Nude Nicotine is back in retail!

They were never out of retail (well only for maybe a month back in summer 2021). That email they sent out was just a marketing gimmick. They probably realized that their price hike wasn't fooling anyone so now they lowered their price again and all of a sudden they're "back in business". They stole the tactic from Ashley Furniture lol.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    I'm pretty cynical at times but why go through a protected mark-down cycle to then have to attempt to recover discarded margins? Think instead they drank the Koolaid for a while like so many of us. I'll optimistically wager they now see a crack in the matrix instead. Either way, availability is better than nuttin.

Good luck all. :)

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    .. pricing makes my stockpile look pretty damn nice and cheap!
    The last liter of 100 mg/ml that I added to my stash cost me $40 (Black Thursday My Freedom Smokes sale, 4 or 5 years ago) and $5.21 in shipping, by FedEx.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    I got this from the AVA this afternoon.

Tel: 609-947-8059
    Email: gconley@vaping.org

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Gregory Conley Joins the American Vapor Manufacturers

U.S. Vaping Industry to Continue its Fight for Survival

PRESCOTT, ARIZONA – Longtime vaping advocate and attorney Gregory Conley is joining the American Vapor Manufacturers Association as Director of Legislative & External Affairs to advance public policy supporting the American vaping product industry in its fight for survival.

Conley, who has led the 501(c)(4) American Vaping Association (AVA) as its president since 2014, will focus his efforts on government and media relations under the direction of AVM President Amanda Wheeler.

“Gregory is a critical voice for vaping and understands adult smokers and ex-smokers face dire circumstances because of the FDA,” said Wheeler. “One single billionaire is pumping hundreds of millions of dollars into campaigns designed to end the vaping industry. The stakes have never been greater and I am thrilled to have him aboard to work towards a unified industry.”

“Over the last decade-plus, myself and millions of American adults have given up cigarettes because of vaping,” said Conley. “During that time, I have been proud to advocate for vaping from the perspective of a consumer and harm reductionist. In this new role at AVM, I will continue to push for appropriate regulations to ensure that American businesses are not replaced with a multi-billion illicit market. I look forward to helping grow AVM alongside Amanda and her board.”

Conley has a long history of fierce advocacy for vaping products and tobacco harm reduction dating back to 2010. While receiving a J.D. / M.B.A. from Rutgers University in Camden, New Jersey, Conley served as the pro bono legislative director for the Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association. Conley then founded AVA, from which he testified before dozens of state legislative bodies, appeared on numerous news networks, and participated in a White House listening session with then-President Donald Trump. Conley plans to continue working with AVA as it charts a new path forward focusing on voter education and outreach.

The American Vapor Manufacturers recently asked the HHS Inspector General to launch an inquiry into allegations that FDA decision-making on key vaping product applications has been improperly influenced by political pressure from members of Congress. Keep up to date with AVM by following them on Facebook and Twitter.

# # #

About the American Vaping Association

The American Vaping Association is a nonprofit organization that advocates for fair and sensible regulation of vapor products, otherwise known as electronic cigarettes, with the goal of maximizing the number of adult smokers who use these products to quit smoking. The AVA was founded by Gregory Conley, a consumer and industry advocate with a long track record of advocating for vapor products dating back to 2010.

We are dedicated to educating the public and government officials about public health benefits offered by vapor products, which are battery-powered devices that heat a liquid nicotine or nicotine-free solution and create an inhalable vapor. The AVA is not a trade group and does not speak for any particular business, including our industry sponsors.

You can learn more about AVA and vaping by visiting the AVA website. You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Likely a "don't mention vaping " situation.
    Eggs-actly.

"This nicotine product is intended for use in oral/dermal nootropic, laboratory research, & nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) formulations ONLY. This includes, but is not limited to: gum, lozenges, transdermal patches, oral sprays, inhalers. This product is NOT intended for use in electronic cigarettes, vaporizers or any vaping application."

:sneaky:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Is anyone at all surprised at this?

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope. Just another day in clown world USA.

220px-Bozo%27s_Circus_1968.JPG

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Eggs-actly.

"This nicotine product is intended for use in oral/dermal nootropic, laboratory research, & nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) formulations ONLY. This includes, but is not limited to: gum, lozenges, transdermal patches, oral sprays, inhalers. This product is NOT intended for use in electronic cigarettes, vaporizers or any vaping application."

:sneaky:

It's still good news for us, if they really have found a legal way around the regulations.

I don't know how many DIYers are around now. There aren't likely to be many new customers for their product with the hardware that uses it likely going away. Short term some existing vapers who currently buy ready mixed juice will move over to DIY.

Mind you the black market will probably explode. If they can pick up the dark side mixers their future could be rosy.

Users who are viewing this thread