Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It is.

Unfortunately, the folks who wrote that clause incorrectly assumed that Congress would only pass laws addressing matters that were explicitly delegated to the federal government in the Constitution, because everything else was, "reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

If one reads the whole thing quite literally, one can easily come to the conclusion that about 90% of everything the FedGov does is illegitimate because it is not explicitly authorized to do those things by the Constitution.

Can't argue with this entirely Either.

For the Issue being Discussed, I think the Federal Law should be Upheld/Enforced. Because Choosing to Enforce a Law shifts the Role of the Justice Department to something I'm Not all that comfortable with. As WH or Justice Dept leadership changes, the Law shouldn't.

That said, I think we live in a Different Time than when things were put on a certain "Schedule".

And if there is Really as much support to Change a Law that has become Outdate, then so be it. Congress should consider changing the Law. And not want/ask the AG to just look the Other way.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I will say, I was naiive enough to worry that "lizard-Ben" would become the FDA head, and Ted Cruz would be the attorney general. I couldn't imagine a worse pairing, but Jeff Sessions takes it all home, in my opinion. I am not a fan of his.... I will just put it mildly. The FDA seems busy trying to deal with all of the President's "home use" requests. I bet you anything, soylent will be "prescribed" in lieu of foodstamps, when all is said and done.... That's a lot of crazy that Trump has about meds for ONE SMALL agency to deal with. LOL.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Vaperer

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
BTW - I'll say this before all of this Conversation is Redacted.

Just like the Other topic, I think Congress should be Addressing the e-Cigarette issue verses having someone Look the Other way. Because the Next person might Not want to look at things the same way.

e-Cigarettes deserve their own consideration. And not just to be the Square Peg that was Pounded into the Round Hole of some Archaic tobacco Policy

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I know I'm trying to slip out of this conversation.
You ever say something stupid and wished you could take it back? this is one of them times

No problem Vaperer.

I think we have All been there Once or Twice.

:)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Agreed! However Congress is not very effective these days. I think they're on vacation again
The House actually has been pretty good. The Senate...another story. Their rules make it nearly impossible to function.

Even George Washington warned against a TWO party system
Indeed, he did...in his farewell address.

It is.

Unfortunately, the folks who wrote that clause incorrectly assumed that Congress would only pass laws addressing matters that were explicitly delegated to the federal government in the Constitution, because everything else was, "reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

If one reads the whole thing quite literally, one can easily come to the conclusion that about 90% of everything the FedGov does is illegitimate because it is not explicitly authorized to do those things by the Constitution.
The 10th took a beating.

Bottom line is this, not a day goes buy that I'm not thankful that I stockpiled. For I still believe at the end of the day anyone who doesn't have a respectable stockpile will be grabbing their ankles on the front lawn.
I 100% agree!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Nicotine e-liquid is perishable whether it is frozen or not. It doesn't last forever. Freezing only extends its life. How long is debatable but it will perish before my life expectancy has expired. Therefore, if vaping is banned I will do what I should probably do anyway...go without. I started my life without smoking or vaping and I can end my life the same way (says a 45 year smoker). There will be no stockpiling and no ankle grabbing by me. If I were stranded on an island without cigarettes or vaping I would deal with it. I certainly wouldn't kill myself over it. :)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Nicotine e-liquid is perishable whether it is frozen or not. It doesn't last forever. Freezing only extends its life. How long is debatable but it will perish before my life expectancy has expired.
How long do you expect to live? I only smoked for 36 years and I'm reasonably confident that at least some of the nic in my freezer will out-last me. :)

If I were stranded on an island without cigarettes or vaping I would deal with it.
Agreed. But being stranded on an island is such an an unexpected circumstance that nobody plans or preps for it. This is an entirely different situation. The bumbling bureaucrats have plainly stated their intentions, giving us years to plan and prep, and I refuse to let some goobermint agency dictate how I live my life.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Nicotine e-liquid is perishable whether it is frozen or not. It doesn't last forever. Freezing only extends its life. How long is debatable but it will perish before my life expectancy has expired. Therefore, if vaping is banned I will do what I should probably do anyway...go without. I started my life without smoking or vaping and I can end my life the same way (says a 45 year smoker). There will be no stockpiling and no ankle grabbing by me. If I were stranded on an island without cigarettes or vaping I would deal with it. I certainly wouldn't kill myself over it. :)
Your stand is a perfectly reasonable and understandable reaction to the deeming. Not everyone wants to have years worth of stuff stockpiled. And the vaping genie may well be impossible for the powers that be to put back into the bottle anyways.

There's also good merit to the folks who put away a goodly stash of nic into freezers. Freezing doesn't stop the degradation of the nic, it merely puts it on pause...I am currently vaping a base made with four year old nic, and it has not changed in any noticeable fashion in that time.

I also just ran out of of PG and VG in useable size containers, so yesterday broke down a gallon of each into liter and smaller size bottles for use. That is about two years worth of eliquid base, tucked away in a dark cupboard.

For me the best option to fight the deeming on a personal level, was to remove myself from any consequences of it, by prepping.

I have zero worries about how things play out now, and being almost five years into vaping, can now see that quitting it might not be so bad after all. If I ever do quit, I won't anguish over the stockpile and not having a need for it anymore, it's already paid for itself many times over in funds saved by not purchasing vendor eliquid in the four + years I have been self sufficient. We all walk our own path...

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
How long do you expect to live? I only smoked for 36 years and I'm reasonably confident that at least some of the nic in my freezer will out-last me. :)

Agreed. But being stranded on an island is such an an unexpected circumstance that nobody plans or preps for it. This is an entirely different situation. The bumbling bureaucrats have plainly stated their intentions, giving us years to plan and prep, and I refuse to let some goobermint agency dictate how I live my life.
My point is everyone will deal with a ban differently for different reasons. To assume those who do not stockpile will be grabbing their ankles is not true for many. For some, yes. Others, no.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
My point is everyone will deal with a ban differently for different reasons. To assume those who do not stockpile will be grabbing their ankles is not true for many. For some, yes. Others, no.
If I had not completed my stockpile in 2016, I would already be grabbing my ankles because my primary residence is in a state with a 40% tax on all vape goods.

But more importantly, I do not wish to risk reverting to smoking. If by some act of wizardry all vape-stuff disappeared from the face of the Earth at midnight tonight, I doubt I would make it past noon tomorrow before I headed to the local Stop & Rob to buy smokes, and I really, really don't want that to happen.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
If I had not completed my stockpile in 2016, I would already be grabbing my ankles because my primary residence is in a state with a 40% tax on all vape goods.

I think I would drive to the nearest neighboring state, rent a P.O.Box, see if they offered mail forwarding and use that to stock up real quick then cancel the box. If they don't offer forwarding then you would have to make a second trip once everything is delivered.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
And if I were to grab my ankles, you'd all be watching and making dirty memes. :blink:

On a (MUCH) more serious note, I am grateful to the bits of me who saw fit to make a plan way back in 2014 -- to stock up on beloved vape gear and protect myself, my family and loved ones.

Do I heartbreak for the smoker?

You guys know I do. :(

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
And if I were to grab my ankles, you'd all be watching and making dirty memes. :blink:

1a0f3d1d29bd8ea1efbf485998afb2f4--acrylic-nails-acrylics.jpg

:ohmy:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I think I would drive to the nearest neighboring state, rent a P.O.Box, see if they offered mail forwarding and use that to stock up real quick then cancel the box. If they don't offer forwarding then you would have to make a second trip once everything is delivered.
Right, but more and more states are passing similar laws every year, and it wouldn't surprise me if the FedGov also imposes a "sin tax" on vape goods at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread