Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
But dahlink. I LIVE there. :blink:
images

Reactions: smacuser

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Ok, hint me, dude. What is it we care about? ;)

(Let's stay with foods for the momentino) :D
Roflmao......
Appreciate the offer. I mail order from them every couple months, still have a pound of pastrami in the freezer and pint of mustard in the fridge.

But........ I would never turn down a cinnamon babka! They have no clue what babka even is down here.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Um, does Trump understand the concept of vested, conflicting interests? I don't like this at all, there is NO way a pharmaceutical representative is going to call for "lower prices," that's total BS. @Trump-- Prove me wrong, dude, Do It. :)

Anna

Don't really know what someone like Mr. Azar may or may not do with regards to the Pharmaceutical market? Just like I Don't Know much about his Views on e-Cigarettes and or THR?

All I really know is that he has served at the HHS before.

And if he is Confirmed as the HHS Secretary, he probably won't Rack Up as many Frequent Flyer Miles on private jets as his predecessor did.

But I could be wrong.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Um, does Trump understand the concept of vested, conflicting interests? I don't like this at all, there is NO way a pharmaceutical representative is going to call for "lower prices," that's total BS. @Trump-- Prove me wrong, dude, Do It. :)

Anna

Well they do say, set a thief to catch a thief. But that's not the way it seems to work in DC. More like set a thief to make life easier for thieves.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Anna
Scott Gottlieb, current FDA commissioner who extended Deeming deadlines and appointed by Trump also came from the pharmaceutical industry and is making lots of progress toward lowering prescription drug prices. So you can't necessarily go by their past ties with the pharm industry but, as always, good to be skeptical.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Scott Gottlieb, current FDA commissioner who extended Deeming deadlines and appointed by Trump also came from the pharmaceutical industry and is making lots of progress toward lowering prescription drug prices. So you can't necessarily go by their past ties with the pharm industry but, as always, good to be skeptical.

Agreed, while past behavior may be the best predictor of future behavior, I don't know much about his past behavior only his past occupations. While past occupations may be instructive, different responsibilities may elicit different responses. I will withhold judgement while I watch.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I had this argument with my spouse this evening. Does the former occupation matter. Sure.
But, it all ultimately comes down to the person. He may be a total jerk who is insensitive to the rest of humanity. Or, he could have been doing his thing in the corporate world, making his fair profit, and in the process providing a product which benefits us.
And yes, I completely agree. Stay aware, both of business folks and of politicians. The latter scare me more. At least the former provide me something I want or need. And if they don't I just don't buy. The latter rarely do. And I don't have a choice.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The senate confirmed Trump's replacement (Alex Azar) for Tom Price at DHHS today. No idea how this will impact vape regs but the side who implemented the regs in the first place is the same side who voted against Azar. So I guess this is good news for us vapers.

Users who are viewing this thread