Deeming Regulations have been released!!!!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
What's weird is a lot of us were "children" once, and we started smoking cigarettes.

We need a "save the former children now dying of lung cancer bit."

I also love how politicians go "children can't help it, they make bad choices" to "Why not join the military at 18."

Every one of those little munchkin creatures made a CHOICE to try vaping. Instead of giving them consequences WE, the adults get them.

I do not understand that is not how things worked for me a) as a child and b) with my own kid.

Being 17 and 23 hours doesn't give you a free pass you know.

Sigh off to get ready for work.

Anna

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I was watching a Chicago mob documentary the other night. They came up on the part where Capone paid off the jury in his tax evasion trial. I see little difference between Scarface paying off a jury and BP paying off our congressman to wipe out vaping.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
Not that I'm aware of, but it would be handy. What I do know is simply sending in a form letter email with your name on it won't attract a ton of attention. They're used to lobbyists writing something then just getting folks to click send without much effort on the constituents part. But when personal letters using your own words, voice, and opinion start piling up, they can attract more attention as it means the constituent is really motivated to express their opinion rather than essentially just clicking on supporting a petition. One personal letter carries more weight than a bunch of form letters.

Doesn't mean it'll work, but it's something to think about if one should ever decide to go to the trouble of contacting an official.
Yes, I totally agree. What I am talking about is writing a personal note and then including the proof to back it up. Of course, they may not read it, but we would have concisely made it easy for them to do so.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
At this point I don't see any politician going against the "save the children" rhetoric.
It would be political suicide.
Might have been possible a few years ago, but now with the Juul teen "epidemic", that ship has sailed.
Hope I'm wrong tho.
Well, it sure will be true if we just sit here on our asses. No offense, but hoping isn't going to do anything.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I was watching a Chicago mob documentary the other night. They came up on the part where Capone paid off the jury in his tax evasion trial. I see little difference between Scarface paying off a jury and BP paying off our congressman to wipe out vaping.

It's kind of interesting that if you give to a politician and exercise care that no one can prove a quid pro quo then all is well. A campaign contribution, pay for a speech, pay a spouse for a speech, make a fine business deal available, assure a wonderful job when the political gig is up or provide a senator or rep an insider stock tip then all is well. So long it is just 'coincidental in time, well, who cares? I love the conception of an ethics committee in the House and Senate as well as all of the state and local committees. These jokers enter politics with some money and leave rich, how does that happen?

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Well, it sure will be true if we just sit here on our asses. No offense, but hoping isn't going to do anything.
    Not saying we should do nothing.
    I've signed every petition available since 2014.
    Wrote snail mail letters, sent so many e-mails I no longer get any canned responses back.
    Gotten frustrated talking to B&Ms who don't want you to talk to other customers about the pending regulations.
    Most vapors still don't have a clue whats coming in the future.
    B&Ms are the front line for informing vapers, most are not on forums, or buy online.
    Seems like the industry won't step up and fight for their business.
    No offense taken but what are you doing besides stocking up?

Horselady154

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    No offense taken but what are you doing besides stocking up?
    Sending messages to my representatives. Right now, trying to see if we can put together a good packet of info. I'm not a member of Twitter, are you? That's something we know that Trump does himself. It's a way to reach him directly.

Ok... lets start one. I think this should be in the packet.
    Royal College Of Physicians Says E-Cigarettes Can 'Prevent Almost All The Harm From Smoking'
    Anyone else?

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Sending messages to my representatives. Right now, trying to see if we can put together a good packet of info. I'm not a member of Twitter, are you? That's something we know that Trump does himself. It's a way to reach him directly.
    Not on twitter myself but that does sound like a good idea...:thumb:

Horselady154

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    United States

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I was hoping to provide a list of concise information. Not expect them to look through endless posts on ecf trying to get some information. I seriously doubt they would do that. Do you?
    After giving it a moment of thought, I doubt it also.

CublalaLand

Moved On
    Jun 26, 2019
    The government is comprised of thieves, of low intelligence and even lower moral capacity. They will never deal with any situation logically, they will always view every condition through the lens of 'how do I not get caught, and held accountable'. Through this mechanism it is easy to predict their actions.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    ..and make sure an info packet sent to our :censored: POTUS has lots of (or only) pictures..
    Had Deeming went according to the schedule set by the previous administration we would now be in our 11th month of post-vapocalypse. And to be sure the regulations covered all Americans he applied them to all 57 states.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I was hoping to provide a list of concise information. Not expect them to look through endless posts on ecf trying to get some information. I seriously doubt they would do that. Do you? But, a link to ecf could certainly be provided at the end. That way they'd have it, if they wanted more.

There are some prepared packages of information floating around here somewhere. Like you said the volume made them a bit pointless for your target audience. You have to figure out what they will take the time to read.

Maybe a short personal letter saying what vaping has done for you. That's what I've sent to some politicians. Even better if you write it rather than type it. That might stand out from the tidal wave of emails.

If you want to send information maybe half a dozen links with a short introduction and a one or two sentence summary of what's in each link. In the unlikely event they want to know more they could click on the links.

To be honest anything beyond " I vape and it saved my life and I think it should go on being available for smokers" would be wasted. You're writing to some overworked intern who sits at a desk reading letters 8 hours a day. The best you can hope for is that the intern goes to a weekly meeting with the Pol and says we got a bunch of pro-vaping letters this week.

Users who are viewing this thread