Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
OH-hell, guess I'm just destined to be old school and outdated then :lol:

P1000687_zps8a851894.jpg

OmG! I am so new to this, but I LoVe that leather Indian.. <3 :laugh:

So, Sm0keyBlue -

I could totally do that, but when you do all that to the XLs - what's left at the bottom of the atty? Is there a wick and coil? In other words, is it still something I need to clean out everytime I change flavors or do I just chuck it after each one? That's what confuses me. I'm used to EVODs. Are cartos only good for one flavor?? For 40 flavors, I'm concerned about spending a lot just to try them all.

Just a few drops of vg, toke it like you smoke it, but don't inhale.. or.. take it off the battery, and blow thru the battery connection.. Never blow into a carto, it will force junk down into the coil.. and yes, the coil and tiny wink will be down at the bottom.. Some people can go thru one in a day, others I have seen make it last 8 mo if not more.. follow The Ocelot's post on the dripping, and you will be fine!! :)

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Dripping IS great. For those who love dripping. Carto tanks are better than clearos. For those who prefer them.

But folks who disagree with you aren't dumb. Doesn't mean they lack experience or the skill to set things up properly.
Nice thing about this forum is the general lack of name-calling, yes? That's the way information and opinion is best shared.

I won't say he is dumb, but I can say he did not know, as he probably never tried it..

The only thing I can say is, don't knock things, until you can. And that is what he did, by calling it outdated and old school.

If it works for one, that is good.. but if one doesn't like it.. well.. all the more for me!! :)

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I drip whenever I want to ride the flavor merry-go-round. I don't usually clean it out between flavors and I've discovered a couple of great combinations that way.

I struggled with regular 510 & 306 attys, first they leak, then 3 or 4 good hits, then dry, lather, rinse, repeat.

But the RDAs! :vapor::vapor: :toast:

I got several of the cheapies, Octopus, Phoenix (2 different clones), Vision Eternity, Igo-L, and several of the mini-Octopus(Squid?) types. The min-Octopus are great for flavor testing and I think they are pretty easy to rebuild. The regular Octopus is prone to leaking.

Other days, I'd rather just sit back with a clearo of a great flavor and take it easy.

JBL-37

Banana's
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Washington State
People like different things for different reasons... Different strokes, different folks...
That said, I love dripping. When I first heard about it, it kinda sounded like a hassle but I decided to try it anyway to see what all the fuss was over. I haven't used a tank, clearo or any other devise since. I have 6 rba's some are setup for home and some are stuffed with wick for when I'm driving or out and about in general. I'm hooked!

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I originally bought an Igo l to try out my DIY juice. I never thought that I would enjoy dripping so much, I found myself reaching for it more than my carto tanks. So I decided to try a bottom feeder. I've only had my Reo and reomizer 2 RBA since Wednesday, and I absolutely love it. Haven't used anything else since. Flavor and vapor of dripping, without having to actually drip all the time.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I won't say he is dumb, but I can say he did not know, as he probably never tried it..

The only thing I can say is, don't knock things, until you can. And that is what he did, by calling it outdated and old school.

If it works for one, that is good.. but if one doesn't like it.. well.. all the more for me!! :)

There are those that have moved on from dripping to Gennies and ultra low resistance coils. Nothing wrong with that if it floats your boat, but after trying them I went back to the dripping that I know & love and said "thanks just the same". It doesn't bother me a bit if someone else likes the latest and coolest.

And yes, I've used my A7's with my reo. You can use the A7 Mini on all of them, but you need the Reo Grand or the Reo mini 2.1 to use the full sized A7. (diameter of the drip well on the Reo)

Last edited:

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 8, 2013
    See, Tj.. I am still pretty new to this, and I want to learn.. I can't go out and buy all the toys.. I can only drool over the pix :laugh:

but I would love it if someone could make up a short list of things I can try to use to drip with..

I am not upset by the guy that said this to me, but I really did want to know if there are more people out there, like me.. that like the dripping.. ;)

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    See, Tj.. I am still pretty new to this, and I want to learn.. I can't go out and buy all the toys.. I can only drool over the pix :laugh:

but I would love it if someone could make up a short list of things I can try to use to drip with..

I am not upset by the guy that said this to me, but I really did want to know if there are more people out there, like me.. that like the dripping.. ;)

Oh gosh, there have to be over 100 different dripping atties to choose from. Probably getting close to 50 rebuildable drippers.
    I modify LR 510-T atties for dripping. It floats my boat ... doesn't have to float anyone else's.
    For RDA's I don't care for any of them that rely on a side hole for air. Besides leaking if you lay them down, I find that they dry my throat out. The A7 and A7 mini get their air from the bottom like a conventional atty.

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 8, 2013
    Might have to look at those, Tj.. :)

I ordered a few things last night, and have a week for them to get here, hoping I like them!

I do like to tinker, and build and rebuild things.. but I know nothing on side air holes.
    What I do know is I do not like an airy draw.. I don't think it has to do with a th.. I don't need that, but I do like seeing I got something out of my "gizmo" as I named my ego's :p hehe!!

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I must try dripping again, you all inspired me! I haven't dripped since I used mini ecigs with atty and carts way way back years ago! I started dripping on the atty because the flavor was so much better than those carts with a tiny bit of stuffy LOL, but then the "new" cartos came on the scene & were all the rage and I used them for years. So I just ordered a couple drip attys to try. I can totally see the beauty of the RBA's since you always have a way to vape no matter what. May have to try that someday. Now why do some have wicks? To hold more juice?? Does anyone rebuild with wire mesh like the original attys were made with the upside down V?? bnrk

Sm0kyBlue

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 8, 2013
    Speaking of drippers, I finally got around to ordering a new one. Hopefully, it will be here by the end of next week.

View attachment 216269

- Andy

Now that is cute!! See, this is what I want to know.. what kind and where to snag!! :laugh:

I think dripping is too cool.. it really makes me happy, and well, I have friends I am trying to convert, and well.. seeing and tasting is believing!! :2cool:

degnr8

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2009
    Aberdeen,WA,U.S.A
    Speaking of drippers, I finally got around to ordering a new one. Hopefully, it will be here by the end of next week.

View attachment 216269

- Andy
    Looks great, where'd you get it? What they have at my local brick and mortar just sits on top of the atty like the carts used to and doesn't cover it

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread