Best choice for a mtl rta

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Might it have been a V3 Mini? They DO have juice control (and I had some "issues" with that version).

I love them. I actually put teflon tape on my fill screw, and literally never use it. I use the tool, and it worked/works like a charm for me.

Thanks for the tips and suggestions. I guess I'm not sure what they are. I am going to post some pictures of these attys and then, maybe we can figure it out. It may be a while before I can get the photos up, but I'll definitely do it as soon as I can. I am nursing a problem shoulder right now and it usually takes me forever to post pics here. I so appreciate help solving the mystery!

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks for the tips and suggestions. I guess I'm not sure what they are. I am going to post some pictures of these attys and then, maybe we can figure it out. It may be a while before I can get the photos up, but I'll definitely do it as soon as I can. I am nursing a problem shoulder right now and it usually takes me forever to post pics here. I so appreciate help solving the mystery!

Sorry to hear about the shoulder. Heal up, then we'll look forward to something to focus on other than the glooming regs approaching.

I'm curious so will be trying to keep my eyes peeled through the week.

MOST importantly, FEEL BETTER!!!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
thumbnail_IMG_0418_zps5nusqx2u.jpg

This is one of the visuals of the mystery Kayfuns I have. Please help me figure out what they are. My friend, who passed away, gave me three of them a couple of years ago. When I asked her what they were she said something about them being very special SV Kayfuns. On the box they were in, she had written kayfun Lite Plus V2, so I assume that is what they are, but I'm not sure. I have an EH Pro KFL Plus that doesn't look anything like these attys.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
thumbnail_IMG_0418_zps5nusqx2u.jpg

This is one of the visuals of the mystery Kayfuns I have. Please help me figure out what they are. My friend, who passed away, gave me three of them a couple of years ago. When I asked her what they were she said something about them being very special SV Kayfuns. On the box they were in, she had written Kayfun Lite Plus V2, so I assume that is what they are, but I'm not sure. I have an EH Pro KFL Plus that doesn't look anything like these attys.

I'm wondering if it's a v3.1. The EHP is definitely a V2L or V2L+ (or whatever the heck that version is called).

Tapping @Katdarling and @Bronze for assistance. I don't the SVM stuff like they do (especially Bronze).

If either of you has an idea as to what the atty pic'd here is, curious minds would like to know. :)

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I'm wondering if it's a v3.1. The EHP is definitely a V2L or V2L+ (or whatever the heck that version is called).

Tapping @Katdarling and @Bronze for assistance. I don't the SVM stuff like they do (especially Bronze).

If either of you has an idea as to what the atty pic'd here is, curious minds would like to know. :)

Thank you DP!! I am sure Kat or Bronze will know.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

Not certain of the one attached to the atty. I never knew of a 3.1 where the orings shown thru the glass. Plus the segments seem out of proportion (pix is kinda blurry). The bits laying on their sides could be a 3.1 with a longmode glass. Also looks like an M tank on a kfl +.

Does it have a juice fill valve on it that closes on its own? If it does it’s a 3.1.

With so many clone and specialty kits available for kayfuns it’s not always easy to tell.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Not certain of the one attached to the atty. I never knew of a 3.1 where the orings shown thru the glass. Plus the segments seem out of proportion (pix is kinda blurry). The bits laying on their sides could be a 3.1 with a longmode glass. Also looks like an M tank on a kfl +.

Does it have a juice fill valve on it that closes on its own? If it does it’s a 3.1.

With so many clone and specialty kits available for kayfuns it’s not always easy to tell.

Thank you Bronze!!

Can you tell me what to look for to figure out if it has a juice fill valve on it? I have no clue. I think whatever this is it will turn out to be authentic, because my friend did not approve of clones at all.

Last edited:

LarryPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
San Diego CA
I'd really appreciate some help please: ):). I currently have the Siren GTA 25 and I'm looking for another mtl rta. What would you guys think it's the best option in between:
Geekvape Ammit
Innokin Ares
Hastur MINI
Ehpro True MTL.
I should also mention i can't afford a kayfun.Any other suggestions in the price range of these atomizers are more than welcome, obviously, but I don't have acces to a lot of atomizers as they're not available in my country.
Thanks a lot:):)
This may not be legal but I have about 10 of the Kfun clones and they really work great

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
This may not be legal but I have about 10 of the Kfun clones and they really work great

Hey, if the clones work for you, use them. I love clones!! I hear the Ares leaks and the Ammit is a good tank, but I don't remember hearing much about it being a great tank.

I would recommend either the True or the Cthulu Hastur Mini. I love the True, but I love the Cthulu Hastur Mini even more. I think the Hastur provides better flavor. One early issue I had with the Hastur Mini is the drip tip that comes with the tank. It caused condensation. When I used another drip tip with a larger inner diameter than the Hastur's chimney, there was no more condensation problem. That's when I began to like the Hastur Mini more than the True, but they are both great tanks.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Those are Kayfun lite's with a Quartz Nano tank and either Science of Vaping or Wolvesix top caps.

Tank
491e8ee50e9631cfd0d276554da084f8

Wolvesix top caps.
View attachment 870939

Yay you!! Thank you so much TrollDragon!! Is it a regular KFL or is it a KFL Plus 1 or 2? If I want to learn about them what specifically should I google? Is the Quartz Nano Tank made by SV? How about the wolvesix? I really appreciate this!

Another question for you, please?

On the tank that is attached to the mod in the pic -- at the top there are fins, kinda like the Hussars I had. It's hard to see in the pic, but there are definitely fins. What might that one be?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Yay you!! Thank you so much TrollDragon!! Is it a regular KFL or is it a KFL Plus 1 or 2? If I want to learn about them what specifically should I google? Is the Quartz Nano Tank made by SV? How about the wolvesix? I really appreciate this!

Another question for you, please?

On the tank that is attached to the mod in the pic -- at the top there are fins, kinda like the Hussars I had. It's hard to see in the pic, but there are definitely fins. What might that one be?
If they don't have an AFC screw then they are the OG Kayfun Lite if they have a AFC screw in the bottom or side they are Kayfun Lite Plus. The Kayfun 3.1 was the best IMHO, it had an AFC screw and a bottom catch cup for juice.

These things were cloned by just about every machine shop in China and some were so good that it was very hard to tell the clone base from the authentic. All the parts are mix and match between the various versions of KFL and are quite hard to find these days. Avid Vaper still seems to have a small collection of parts, all of the stuff on Fasttech is long gone and they had literally hundreds Kayfun pages.
Rebuidable Atomizers - Kayfun Upgrades - Avid Vaper

You are coming in really late to the Kayfun game, roll the clock back to 2015 and they were everywhere. Sorry I don't know what the finned top cap is, SoV and most other custom top cap manufacturers are long gone. Wolvesix still has a facebook presence but I have no idea of any stock availability.

There are still a few Kayfun groups around on Facebook. I've been an admin Kayfun Korner for years, it's not very active these days but asking there for parts might put you in touch with someone that has old stuff for sale. Also try the classifieds here or over on VU.
Kayfun Korner

The Kayfun 3.1 was my very first rebuildable and I loved it, but like most vapers we have moved onto bigger and better tanks. ;)

Have you looked through the old Kayfun Lite thread here on ECF? Closed now but there is some great info.
Kayfun LITE - Part 2

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
If they don't have an AFC screw then they are the OG Kayfun Lite if they have a AFC screw in the bottom or side they are Kayfun Lite Plus. The Kayfun 3.1 was the best IMHO, it had an AFC screw and a bottom catch cup for juice.

These things were cloned by just about every machine shop in China and some were so good that it was very hard to tell the clone base from the authentic. All the parts are mix and match between the various versions of KFL and are quite hard to find these days. Avid Vaper still seems to have a small collection of parts, all of the stuff on Fasttech is long gone and they had literally hundreds Kayfun pages.
Rebuidable Atomizers - Kayfun Upgrades - Avid Vaper

You are coming in really late to the Kayfun game, roll the clock back to 2015 and they were everywhere. Sorry I don't know what the finned top cap is, SoV and most other custom top cap manufacturers are long gone. Wolvesix still has a facebook presence but I have no idea of any stock availability.

There are still a few Kayfun groups around on Facebook. I've been an admin Kayfun Korner for years, it's not very active these days but asking there for parts might put you in touch with someone that has old stuff for sale. Also try the classifieds here or over on VU.
Kayfun Korner

The Kayfun 3.1 was my very first rebuildable and I loved it, but like most vapers we have moved onto bigger and better tanks. ;)

Have you looked through the old Kayfun Lite thread here on ECF? Closed now but there is some great info.
Kayfun LITE - Part 2

Thank you very much! They've got a screw in the bottom, and my friend wrote on the box that they are KFL Plus v2 on the box, so I am pretty sure they are the KFL plus. I appreciate you connecting me to the Kayfun corner. I'll check it out and I'll look at the KFL thread here too. I want to use them as soon as I have time to figure them out and get the KF fill too as well.

You've solved my mystery! Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread