Flavour extraction by soaking in water

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
lol ... soak tobacco in glycerin ... the end ... i soaked mine in PG and VG for at least 48 hours ... almost like a fine wine :lol:
:oops: my english is poor man ,

is mixed the final liquid form the tobacco with glycerin rite .

hmm I find it curious how come u mixed PG and VG together?
never used glycerin?whats the different using PG ?VG ? and glycerin?:confused:

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
You can mix with either PG or VG .. or both. Cashmere is sensitive to PG; most people are not. If you use vegetable glycerine, make it at least 80% of your final mix. It's needed for vapor. Your cooked tobacco juice can be as much as 20%, but I add flavor extract in equal proportion: 10% extract, 10% juice, 80% glycerine.

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
You can mix with either PG or VG .. or both. Cashmere is sensitive to PG; most people are not. If you use vegetable glycerine, make it at least 80% of your final mix. It's needed for vapor. Your cooked tobacco juice can be as much as 20%, but I add flavor extract in equal proportion: 10% extract, 10% juice, 80% glycerine.

:oops: I curious bob what type of e liquid u smoke nowadays?

cos I plan to d i y this in long run ..wonder is safe for the health or woest than smoking real cig

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
send an e-mail to a supplier in china they might be able to help
:)my main interest is D I Y .

I saw many experts here happen to make one and is safe
next got lots of vapour and also got draw

so I trying to myself too but too bad I cannot make it

maybe I am too anxious?But

by right should have more vapour?and draw?

I use flavour extract and liquid from soaked tobaco but vapour is very little and not draw.

maybe my flavour extract pg is not much?
hmm ...

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
If you have some of the liquid left try and boil it for a bit.
This should get rid of some of the water via vapour I did it in chemistry a level long time ago I can't remember what they call it but if you do it right it will work.

hmm u mean the brown liquid from the soaked tabaco?
by the way , I smoked try just now wow ..seem funny really wanna vomit thinks is too dangerous?

maybe I mix too much rum extract?
:oops:now I e puff purely on rum extract ..my head feel abit heavy ....

I am using Virgina Dare extract is made in US hmm seem okie but taste wise I don;t feel strong ..but the effect of rum? I feel my head abit of drunking effect..

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Except the nicotine will be out of it of course ;) (after cooking that water-mix)
DevilFish, you complained before in another post about not getting vapour with the extract you bought in the shop there. So... how would you expect that same extract suddenly beginning to give vapour after you add a water-mix to it? (All that does is give léss vapor...).

Just order some extracts at BarryFarm... no way that customs is going to stop that I think, has nothing to do with e-smoking liquid... and then you have some good substance to go from....

Also sounds, btw, as if you might indeed want to go for 0 nicotine.. so cook your tobacco in a bit of water like TB does, instead of just soaking cold... might be better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread