Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Nico Tico, the GG will not last 2 times more because of 2 batteries, I never believed
that as you think, because I have already said to other threads (you have not see
them) that the time will remain the same. I have already said to other thread that the
power (watt) will be x4 as you said.
But we agree only to watts. My opinion is that the batteries will not last 1/2 time as
you said. GG will last exactly the same time with 1 or 2 batteries 800 mah. I never
said that the time is x2 because then I would said that the GG runs 800x2=1600 mah. I
never said that. GG runs at 800 mah and it will last like we had 800 mah with 1 battery, 6v, not more, not less.
I have very serious electric knowledge and of course I am the man that speaks only if
I am totally sure about something. If I am wrong its not by purpose, its because I am totally sure.
So, if we have 2 batteries in series, the one battery will see these resistances: atomizer's resistance and internal resistanse of the other battery. (It already sees its own registance) So it will last a very very little shorter than if it was in its own circuit. The battery will give the same volt as always and as it was alone.
As for the watt. The watt are an interesting thing that concern us for academic reasons and not as a result to the smoke because the result we concern for, is only the temperature. I will look to google if there is a mathematical connection between temperature and current and I will post it. I believe that the temperature is only x2. But if the mathematical connection has a square in it, then it will be x4.
I am going to look now.

If you see how more feeding GG needs, you will see that the liquid is really used and it does not get wasted. Maybe some temperature gets lost, but maybe not, we cant speak about this, so no problem so far.

As for the chemical changes to liquid, someone who is chemist here said that pg has no problem with 6 volts neither vg, exept we have a faulty atomizer by the factory so the vg maybe is dangerous.

As for the burning experience, feed the monster Nicotico and the taste will be just wonderful.

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
"How can your "whatever your e-cig is" sustain a voltage FOUR times higher than the one it was built for."

You mean 1,6 times I think NicoTico:)

As for the mathematical connection, I am sure that the temperature is the watt, because watt is the work that is prodused. So yes the temperature is x 3,2

As for the kendra's problem I believe that the problem is the bad connection between the adaptor and the atomizer. If an 801 atomizer works and then does not work then its the connection. Kendra, I think that you must thread the adaptor more. If you have burned 801 atomizers, I am sure its faulty or weak atomizers. Vince had the same problems, route had the same problems, they change label and they are just fine.

Last edited:

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
Okay, well, I decided it's a new day and I might have some new luck. So, I tried a new atomizer. And, I just killed my fifth 901 atomizer. It was working since about 9am and it's about noon now and it just died. This is with the 6volts.

I have other mods; this is the only mod I'm using with 6volts, though-- the other ones are 3.7. Why are my atomizers dying mid-drag? They work, work, work-- it's great-- it's so powerful I can only take a 2-3 second drag. And, then "poof" it's just gone.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Okay, well, I decided it's a new day and I might have some new luck. So, I tried a new atomizer. And, I just killed my fifth 901 atomizer. It was working since about 9am and it's about noon now and it just died. This is with the 6volts.

I have other mods; this is the only mod I'm using with 6volts, though-- the other ones are 3.7. Why are my atomizers dying mid-drag? They work, work, work-- it's great-- it's so powerful I can only take a 2-3 second drag. And, then "poof" it's just gone.

What label are your atomizers?

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Kendra, This could be a long shot but when you remove your atom, do you see the little gold rod directly in the center (center-pole)? It should be recessed about 2mm under the threading. If its flush or sticking out, to the point that its actually touching the atom. You can easily adjust it by, removing the cap and unscrewing the bolt a by a little bit, 1 full turn should do it, if thats the case being. Its a very simple machine, so theres only so much that can really be wrong with it....Hope this helps :)

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
What label are your atomizers?
I
don't know. I just spent the last 1/2 hour trying to see. I threw out 1 last night, so I only have four to check and I've cleaned them, etc.

They are all different, though, I think. Two are real 901s, I think. They have the LARGEST size circle in the middle and that part is geniune brass. There are a bunch of numbers on there and I think that the first three of the TOP part say 901 and a bunch of other numbers. The brass isn't bright and shiny, though, so I can't read it. . . sorry, thought my eyes were good, but I guess they're not as good as I thought. These atomizers definitely have lots of numbers, though,and the inside is brass.

The other two are plated on the inside and I don't think they have any numbers that I can see. One, though, I know is from bestecig. This one has a circle connector that might be the same size as the other two with the large connector, but the hole part is bigger.

The last one is also plated on the inside. The outside is stainless steel (not the silver plate like the ones from bestecig) and the connector on this one is smaller than the other three and the hole in the center is a little bit smaller, too.

Hope you know what I mean!

:)

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
Kendra, This could be a long shot but when you remove your atom, do you see the little gold rod directly in the center (center-pole)? It should be recessed about 2mm under the threading. If its flush or sticking out, to the point that its actually touching the atom. You can easily adjust it by, removing the cap and unscrewing the bolt a by a little bit, 1 full turn should do it, if thats the case being. Its a very simple machine, so theres only so much that can really be wrong with it....Hope this helps :)
hi. i have no idea what you mean. On the bottom part with the connector?

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
"How can your "whatever your e-cig is" sustain a voltage FOUR times higher than the one it was built for."

You mean 1,6 times I think NicoTico:)

As for the mathematical connection, I am sure that the temperature is the watt, because watt is the work that is prodused. So yes the temperature is x 3,2

As for the kendra's problem I believe that the problem is the bad connection between the adaptor and the atomizer. If an 801 atomizer works and then does not work then its the connection. Kendra, I think that you must thread the adaptor more. If you have burned 801 atomizers, I am sure its faulty or weak atomizers. Vince had the same problems, route had the same problems, they change label and they are just fine.
These are 901s, imeo-- I'm not using the adapter yet. I tried it with the adapter and the 801, but I went for the 901 because of all the comments about how the atomizers will last longer than normal with the higher voltage.

These are at least 3 different brands.

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
20-25 days ago, I ask all GG owners to send me back all the GGs to fix the spring issue. So look and tell me if the center pole of the battery connector "plays" free up and down or it is steady. If it is steady then send it to me to update it.

Look the back spring, the one witch is attached to the back cup. Is it in good contition or it is shrinked?

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
Kendra, I want to ask you the GG's version you have. Is the one that I ask to come back to me because the spring was hard?

Dont try anything before you answer my question
Oh the spring is really hard. yes. I don't kow about you asking for any to come back to you or not. It's not really a springy-spring at all. It's a hard coil type spring.

I just got this yesterday, so I thought you sent out the right one? :)

Last edited:

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
20-25 days ago, I ask all GG owners to send me back all the GGs to fix the spring issue. So look and tell me if the center pole of the battery connector "plays" free up and down or it is steady. If it is steady then send it to me to update it.

Look the back spring, the one witch is attached to the back cup. Is it in good contition or it is shrinked?
I just saw this post. I just got my GG yesterday, Imeo, and don't follow the subforum really. .. so, wouldn't tim have sent the correct one?

What center pole are you talking about? I'm not really technical. . . I mean, I know the term "spring", and "button" but not too much else, lol.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Oh the spring is really hard. yes. I don't kow about you asking for any to come back to you or not. It's not really a springy-spring or not. It's a hard coil type spring.

I just got this yesterday, so I thought you sent out the right one? :)

Unthread the atomizer, then unthread the back cup. Grub the spring and move it up and down. Is it moving with the bolt in witch it is attached?

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville

Sorry for answering your questions in so many posts, but I took off the back part near the button. That button seems to move nicely and I can't tell what kind of spring it is because it's covered by rubber or something. .. but it's smooth and goes up and down very smoothly.

The front spring, though, has no springy-ness. .. it's just like a coil made of metal without any bounce at all.

You said "back cup". .. I don't know what you mean. Also, i just got this yesterday. . . and I asked tim to wait to send it to me so that you could send it with the updated button. . . I took the optional delay. Didn't it come out already repaired, then? I waited when tim sent that email so that I wouldn't have to pay for more shipping costs.

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
Unthread the atomizer, then unthread the back cup. Grub the spring and move it up and down. Is it moving with the bolt in witch it is attached?
It is moving WITH the bolt because it's very hard and NOT-springy. So, it's just like a piece of metal that happens to look like a spring, but really isn't a spring.

the actual piece goes up and down, but the spring is compressed into a little tube of metal.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
It is a short circuit Kendra, I believe that is happening because the head of the button is touching the GG's case. The best for you is to send it back to me, and dont try to smoke because you will burn more atomizers. The most possible reason is that the insulant material is not that I made myself but a black one. Am I right?

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
It is a short circuit Kendra, I believe that is happening because the head of the button is touching the GG's case. The best for you is to send it back to me, and dont try to smoke because you will burn more atomizers. The most possible reason is that the insulant material is not that I made myself but a black one. Am I right?

Well, the only thing that I can see that would be considered to be insulating material is definitely black.

So, Imeo. I hate hate hate bringing this up, but I just received this yesterday and waited because Tim said you were updating it before it would be sent out. And, now, if I send it express mail I'm going to be paying another $25 for guaranteed delivery. I hate hate bringing up costs here, but that doesn't seem right, since i just got it yesterday.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Well, the only thing that I can see that would be considered to be insulating material is definitely black.

So, Imeo. I hate hate hate bringing this up, but I just received this yesterday and waited because Tim said you were updating it before it would be sent out. And, now, if I send it express mail I'm going to be paying another $25 for guaranteed delivery. I hate hate bringing up costs here, but that doesn't seem right, since i just got it yesterday.

Sweet Kendra, please dont pay attention to the money, because the money are mine. I will pay the cost for you, dont worry about these things. Feel free to send it and I will do the rest. The only thing that upsets me is that I will leave you without the GG. But exept the money, I promise you that when I take it to my hands I will make it the same day and the next day it will be to the post office again.

carol

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2009
netherlands
update from me
I have the updated GG back now for a while and i'm very pleased with it , it has a nice soft spring now.
Also i have the 801 adapter and i'm pleased with that either, its smokes terrific.

It 's for me the nr 1 in electric smoking.

( I made myself an usb for the old cigarillo's today, and it works lol)
I'm so very handy lol

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
Okay, If I look at the button when I press it, the little bolt does touch the inside of the case when the button is pressed. Is there any way I can fix it here? Can I put something on inside there to avoid them making a connection?

Am I interpreting what you're saying correctly? Now I'm looking at the actual manual button-- I'm not looking at the spring under the atomizer anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread