GotVapes.com GRAND OPENING! NOW!! FLüXomizer Clear CE2 Cartomizers Have Arrived - Incredible Pricing for ECF Members!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Its going to be probably at least 2 weeks before we get steel back in stock...RS is having fits with order fulfillment right now...

Me too, the steel CE2's are out of stock right?

As expected,......all are out of stock.......I've given up on ordering anything. Maybe the classifieds?

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com
Has anyone found any stainless tube that matches the size? My first blind grab at the hardware store was a loser. Outer diameter was pretty good, inner diameter was too small. Too thick...
The old 3 ml syringes’ work great, I’m using the ones I got from madvapes, just cut with single sided razor blades and pop on, no glue needed.

naviathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Stella, NC
corepcsolutions.com
Has anyone found any stainless tube that matches the size? My first blind grab at the hardware store was a loser. Outer diameter was pretty good, inner diameter was too small. Too thick...

The old 3 ml syringes’ work great, I’m using the ones I got from madvapes, just cut with single sided razor blades and pop on, no glue needed.

Unless those 3ml syringes are steel, it's not what he's looking for.

mj64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2011
State of Confusion
What size are you looking for. My calipers measured an E2 at .338"/8.6mm ID. Not the most common size out there.

Oh I was just hoping someone else would do the hard work, but I obviously need to go buy some calipers that can measure precisely enough. I'm wanting this for several purposes, and syringes won't cut the mustard for various reasons.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I tend to shy away from hard work when ever possible. It tends to pay the same or less than easy work. Go figure.

As to a ID size. Br would really be the one to ask. He has done many tube mods on a lathe and can give you a better idea of the OD range that E2 connectors come in.

The problem you are going to be up against is that OD range that the connectors have. So even if you find some thin wall tubing say .338" ID with a .010" wall thickness and it fits on the connector you have now, the next connector might be smaller so the tube is too lose. Or it might be bigger and the tube doesn't fit. The metal tubes are press fit onto the connectors. Not sure if you have a small press laying around and a die set for it.

The variation of connector OD is also what caused many problem with the Thicker Clearo tubes. When the Clearo tube got thicker, it lost malleability. So when a tube was press onto a slightly larger connector, something had to give. Unfortunately, that something was the thing that keeps the juice in the carto, the clear tube.

In a perfect world, a mod-er would turn the OD of the connector and then turn the ID of the tube to match. I'd love to crank out a couple hundred but my lathe has a broken gear in it. Big boat anchor right now and no time or money to fix it.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
The variation of connector OD is also what caused many problem with the Thicker Clearo tubes. When the Clearo tube got thicker, it lost malleability. So when a tube was press onto a slightly larger connector, something had to give. Unfortunately, that something was the thing that keeps the juice in the carto, the clear tube.

The plastic fat wicks fit perfectly into the older metal CE2 r4's. I use a machinist vice to press them in but any vice should work if the jaws are wide enough. I can get a measurement tomorrow but br would be a better source. I am to lazy right now to walk to my shop.

mj64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2011
State of Confusion
I tend to shy away from hard work when ever possible. It tends to pay the same or less than easy work. Go figure.

As to a ID size. Br would really be the one to ask. He has done many tube mods on a lathe and can give you a better idea of the OD range that E2 connectors come in.

The problem you are going to be up against is that OD range that the connectors have. So even if you find some thin wall tubing say .338" ID with a .010" wall thickness and it fits on the connector you have now, the next connector might be smaller so the tube is too lose. Or it might be bigger and the tube doesn't fit. The metal tubes are press fit onto the connectors. Not sure if you have a small press laying around and a die set for it.

In a perfect world, a mod-er would turn the OD of the connector and then turn the ID of the tube to match. I'd love to crank out a couple hundred but my lathe has a broken gear in it. Big boat anchor right now and no time or money to fix it.

Good thoughts here absolutely - BUT what I see on the X clearos is that they 'seated' the clearo tube lower, down around the knurled part of the connector rather than changing the connector at all....

sirpops

Jan 10, 2011
Ashland, OH
I don't use the silly clear tubes, so that is not an issue. I'll check back here after my nap and see what you come up with. Thanks again.

I take it that you use the metal tubes? How do you fill them? How do you know when they are completely full? I'm tired of the cracking clearomizers and thinking of trying the metal tubes,

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
I take it that you use the metal tubes? How do you fill them? How do you know when they are completely full? I'm tired of the cracking clearomizers and thinking of trying the metal tubes,

I use the metal ones stock out of the box...
After you've used a CE2 a while, you can usually tell when it's time to refill. It just stops vaping :)

Before I refill, I do put a drop on the atty and fire it just to make sure the coil still works:

I don't worry about wether it is packed to capacity or not...I just grab a syringe and shoot about .8ml in if it's a regular CE2, or around 1.7ml or so if it's an XL.

You can be careful, take it slow, and watch for fluid to start coming out the opposite fill hole, then reverse and suck out just a tiny bit (to leave some wicking air space in there)...but if in a hurry, I just shoot it in slow and steady then blow out excess juice and wipe. Sometimes I do waste a little juice in my haste...but it's fast and easy.

It didn't take me long using these to get a feel for them. They do last much longer than the clero sleeves, and they don't look so much like you're walking around with some kind of strange crack pipe if you like to vape in public.

Last edited:

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas

I fill mine straight out of the bottle, regardless of what I make them out of. But then, all of them have a custom built mouthpiece that also seals the tank. I just remove it and squirt in enough juice to fill it up to the bottom of the cup. Any more than that is usually a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread