Status
Not open for further replies.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Great, I'll keep my eye on the site. I'm not sure how I would use it without the deck ring? I would not be able to put a cap on it without the ring, would I ?
I am interested in experimenting with the cotton topper too though...
View attachment 337047

No you wouldn't. Little by little you add pieces, maybe the Heron just as it is now it's perfect :D

endGame

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
WA, USA
www.oughtvape.com
The rest of the Heron sans the deck ring, the tube, the bell and the drip tip. On Vapourday, we'll have it as spare. I will update the description with photos and price the next days. I'll check our repository on Monday, whether we've produced enough spare deck rings to have one included with the purchase of a base, so you can experiment with it.

No you wouldn't. Little by little you add pieces, maybe the Heron just as it is now it's perfect :D

Agreed. I'm sure it's probably better to have the whole rig...:D

Woody7781

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Buffalo,NY
looks like they cloned GP's photos right off their site too. I don't think that's very nice or legal, but maybe I'm old fashioned. I'll never stray from GP threading though...

When I saw the cloned Lux I laughed so hard. The button looked horrid. I feel bad for people that buy one and think it's exact. GP is the only gear I can honestly say that about. I could never!

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
Hey guys, I have an updated bell, and still having issues on building my heron. Built it 10 times and still getting gurgling. I have searched around with no luck to find a build they were talking about on facebook for the Heron. Did someone compile some builds, or can you post multiple links to find the answer to my issue? I know I am close to having a eureka moment with it, just here to grow some knowledge. I have tried all the builds I have found here. Just thought with all the 100 pages I might have missed a few. What works for you?

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hey guys, I have an updated bell, and still having issues on building my heron. Built it 10 times and still getting gurgling. I have searched around with no luck to find a build they were talking about on facebook for the Heron. Did someone compile some builds, or can you post multiple links to find the answer to my issue? I know I am close to having a eureka moment with it, just here to grow some knowledge. I have tried all the builds I have found here. Just thought with all the 100 pages I might have missed a few. What works for you?

Gurgling can also happen, when liquid enters inside the base due a loose or too dense quantity of fluff, which results to an overflow inside the chamber and consequently inside the base. Check your filler material, its density is depending on the viscosity of your liquid, but as a general rule make sure that the external layers of the fluff touch the interior walls of the main body, without any gaps. When you set the fluff and insert the bell inside the body of the Heron, use the GP Fork or a needle, ensuring that the wrapped fluff is evenly laid out, without thin, or too tight areas. And the ends of the silica/cotton wick have to be kept short to avoid over wicking.

Last edited:

endGame

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
WA, USA
www.oughtvape.com
I see that the AGAT2 genesis top cap works to turn the Heron into a dripper. I tried a Pulse-G top cap but it was too small and i tried a Helios top cap but it was too big. Can anyone confirm what other top caps work?
Here's a thread for alt Heron Topcaps -- incredibly, I think the only other person who's seen it is @chadsmo. Maybe it should be in VapourArt?
Doesn't anyone love us enough to try and stick a topcap on their Heron? Are there really only TWO RDA on earth (Heron & AGA-T2) with a topcap ID of 20mm?

illus101086

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
So.Cali
Hey you guys how's it going? I love my heron as well which I bought off the classifieds brand new. It's a v.1 but my only problem with it is the afc. I mainly drip with my tobh and stillare but when I use the heron I feel like I'm trying to suck a golf ball with a garden hose hahahaha. Anyone no of a way to remedy this. I don't mind drilling out the air holes but with that help or not even work? Or just mess up the base completely?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
Hey you guys how's it going? I love my heron as well which I bought off the classifieds brand new. It's a v.1 but my only problem with it is the afc. I mainly drip with my tobh and stillare but when I use the heron I feel like I'm trying to suck a golf ball with a garden hose hahahaha. Anyone no of a way to remedy this. I don't mind drilling out the air holes but with that help or not even work? Or just mess up the base completely?

I'm with you Illus , I love the Heron but I've grown far too accustomed to dual 5mm airflow fully open. I was thinking of maybe using a drill press and a clamp that can slide. Find the matching bit for the hole size and bring it down in one hole then just slide it sideways to carve out a slot like the 1v.5 has. Need to talk to my father as he has the press and knowledge.

Last edited:

illus101086

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
So.Cali
I'm with you Illus , I love the Heron but I've grown far too accustomed to dual 5mm airflow fully open. I was thinking of maybe using a drill press and a clamp that can slide. Find the matching bit for the hole size and bring it down in one hole then just slide it sideways to carve out a slot like the 1v.5 has. Need to talk to my father as he has the press and knowledge.

Let me know how that goes cause I really dont wanna mess up mine in the process and don't have to much experience with something like that as well.

endGame

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
WA, USA
www.oughtvape.com
Drill bits cut on the ends - the flutes are there to clear material only. You're really talking about a job for a milling machine.
You could buy an extra Heron base and just drill a whole second set of intakes on it. You could even space it up like a cyclone so you could use one or both. It sounds like too much work to me, but then I'm the guy who's trying to re-cap my Heron to 20mm tall...
It's probably important to remember also that at some point the size of your airflow won't get more air to the coil -- the internal airflow stem is a fixed diameter and is only going to yield as much as it can.
You could also just let the Heron be what it is --- the best vape ever! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread