The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Heron

Discussion in 'VapourArt' started by perseas, Jan 30, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Todai

Todai Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2014
    I learned that the hard way on the Spheroid, lol. Cotton tails too long and they just get crushed by the fluff. Good tip, JP! Thanks!

Here's another tip: On cleaning day, I use a can of compressed air to quickly dry out the internals of the Spheroid and Heron bases.

2. VapinBill

VapinBill Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Nice tips, JP and Todai

3. perseas

perseas Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2011
    Athens, Hellas
    Our motto, less is more is applied here and in Spheroid as well. Your observation is correct! When we were designing the Spheroid, we had in mind that we must work efficiently and simply in a very little space. That thinking followed us in everything we did after and many times long tails or too much cotton or fluff are responsible for dry hits. If somebody visualise how close are the parts above the Spheroid and Heron's coils, he will agree with our approach.

4. VapinBill

VapinBill Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
  5. Idaholandho

Idaholandho Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 8, 2012
    Reading Naked
    So, I built 2 different set ups in the Heron for a side by side comparison. Knowing very well that other juices will have a different outcome due to heat difference
    On the left, I built a .06 x .01 ribbon micro coil on 1/16 jig @ 1.0 ohms with KGD cotton pads.
    The right is a .30ga micro coil on 1/16 jig @ 1.6 with SnC cotton yarn.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Enjoying them both very much and I found them both to emit about the same vapor. Truly I enjoyed the 1.6 build more. I am sure it had everything to do with heat in the chamber. I like the idea of the coil heating at a slower pace and slowly cooking the juice to a flavor that I love. The higher ohms whether built with ribbon or standard seem to get more hot at a much faster pace not allowing me to enjoy all of the flavors up until I release the switch.
    One last thing is I really like the SnC in the build as it is a much more sturdy and stands a little stronger.
    :)

6. Shaketuga

Shaketuga Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2013
    Casper, Wyoming
    Great Bit of info Sir!!

7. SOHCking

SOHCking Full Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    [​IMG]

We'll I got mine in. However I've washed and rebuilt mine three times now and every time I'm getting a strange flavor from it like maybe oil or something. I know it's not the build or juice because I'm using the same build materials and juice I use in my spheroid with great flavor.

I don't know what to do about it so I thought I'd see if anyone else had this problem?

8. jpcwon

jpcwon Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 14, 2014
    North Easton, MA
    I am surprised to hear this to be quite honest. :( Perseas cleans each and every part of the Heron ultrasonically to ensure that they are spotless when you get them....When I first get an atty, I will typically put my mouth on the drip tip and take a few "false" pulls just to test the airflow. Did you do this and if so, did you taste anything then? I was just curious if you tasted this WITHOUT juice involved too? Or was it just with juice loaded?

9. SOHCking

SOHCking Full Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I didn't really taste anything pulling on it like that. I just can't figure this out. It's upsetting to me because I love my spheroid so much I was expecting it to be great.

10. perseas

Dec 11, 2011
    Athens, Hellas
    Open the base and clean it thoroughly, just in case. Here is a video of how to open it: http://www.vapourart.com/en/video-gallery

11. SOHCking

SOHCking Full Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Ive done this every time ive cleaned it. I just cant figure this out.

12. perseas

Dec 11, 2011
    Athens, Hellas
    For the life of me I cannot explain it, so the only solution is to return the unit and we shall replace it with a new one. I hope you haven't burned the fluff and vape it :) (this is a joke)

13. SOHCking

SOHCking Full Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I appreciate that but that might be a problem as I ordered it from domovapor. I have a hard time getting a hold of them by email sometimes.

14. jpcwon

jpcwon Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 14, 2014
    North Easton, MA
    I say Keep trying as he may just be busy.....I recently had a situation where I bought a Heron from Domo and had to return it. Blake was phenomenal to deal with and replaced it, no questions asked....He (and Perseas) are true gentlemen, so whichever avenue you choose, rest assured you will be taken care of... :)

15. SOHCking

SOHCking Full Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I contacted them this morning about a bad threaded screw I got with my heron to see if they could get me a new one maybe and haven't heard back. That was before I started having a terrible time with whatever is causing this flavor. I've never really tasted anything like it before so it's hard to describe but i think it's like metallic and oily mixed together. I've washed it with a tooth brush 3 times and even let soak in alcohol for half an hour.

16. Woody7781

Woody7781 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2013
    Buffalo,NY
    I know some sites when you google the email address from domo give you an older one. Make sure it's off of his site you're getting the address from. He is Perseas's clone in the US. Very good about customer service.

17. perseas

Dec 11, 2011
    Athens, Hellas
    Send an email to him referring this discussion and I am sure he will respond, no worries. Give him 72 hours time and if he doesn't reply, then contact us.

18. SOHCking

SOHCking Full Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Shreveport, LA

Ok, I just sent him an email telling him about the problem and referring him to this thread and the post numbers. Just have to wait and see. Thanks.

19. Todai

Todai Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2014
    Blake may be tied up doing inventory, I noticed this on the Domo home page:

All orders placed from 6/27/14 - 6/29/14 will ship monday 6/30/14 due to regular inventory maintenance.

He normally replies to emails extremely fast, so he must be occupied. You'll hear from him, guaranteed.

20. SOHCking

SOHCking Full Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I got a hold of him. Sending my heron in for replacement. He was really cool about it too, no questions asked. Which is not something you can say about a lot of venders.