The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Heron

Discussion in 'VapourArt' started by perseas, Jan 30, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ace Wop

Ace Wop Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2014
    Santa Clara, CA 95053
    Hi GP family how ya been?

ACE-WOP

2. VapinBill

VapinBill Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Ace in the place !!! Been fine, brother. How is the Heron working out and what juices have you tried in it.

3. Ace Wop

Jan 25, 2014
    Santa Clara, CA 95053
    Unfortunately I don't have a heron yet. Trying to watch my money for now ;) lol. But I'm good just studying for a midterm, I been vaping GVC AMAZING!!!!!

ACE-WOP

4. VapinBill

Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    I missed the opportunity to score some GVC and JP was nice enough to send me a good sized sample of it. Can't wait for it to arrive so I can try it. Best wishes for your exam results. I am sure you will do great!

5. StrikeIII

StrikeIII Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2013
    Chicago
    Why are you hiding in the Heron thread. lol

6. Mackoy 09

Mackoy 09 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2014
    New Jersey
    Got my Heron setup and working flawlessly for the past 2 days now! Vape heaven! The fluff setup isnt bad at all! Took me a couple tries to get where I want it. First try wasn't really bad, it just need a little bit more fluff. I dunno if its just me but my juices tastes better now hehe! :vapor:

7. StrikeIII

StrikeIII Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2013
    Chicago
    Glad you got it up and running and didn't give up. Its truly the best. Enjoy!

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk Pro

8. Woody7781

Woody7781 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2013
    Buffalo,NY
    I also just said screw it, I'm getting the right build in mine. Realized I was using way too much fluff, went with about 2.5 inches. Built a new coil, 5 wraps of the ribbon that came with the Heron, 2mm ekowool single loop. Filled it with Boba's (been months since I've vaped it) and it's rocking my world right now. I think I finally got it!

9. kscoggins

kscoggins Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2012
    Carrollton, TX
    just got in my cellucotton and wow! I've tried other cotton, bamboo, hemp, you name it... kept going back to silica and then ekowool. this stuff is great. I have some KGD coming in soon, can't wait to see how I like it.

10. faitaccompli

faitaccompli Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 10, 2014
    Fredericksburg, VA
    I think I have it about figured out in mine. Still using regular cotton... but it may be best to use some kind of wick that I can loop. Tell me more about this cellucotton?

Also I may try out that ribbon wire at some point. I have been using the regular 28g Kanthal at about .8ohm.

11. kscoggins

kscoggins Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2012
    Carrollton, TX
    I've just never been able to find another wicking medium where I could get rid of the taste... no matter what I've done there has always been a taste I don't like with other natural materials. Apparantly cellucotton is the new "thing", but functionally it's going to work just like any other cotton...

12. SOHCking

SOHCking Full Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Just wanted to let everyone know I got my replacement a couple days ago and just now had the time to sit down and build it.

It's working like a champ and none of that terrible taste from the heron I sent back.

[​IMG]

I built it with KGD and ribbon wire and the flavor is amazing. I might try and build my Spheroid like that next rebuild.

13. Idaholandho

Idaholandho Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 8, 2012
    Reading Naked
    A post quoted on the microcoil thread. Thought I would post here for rayon/cellulose cotton in a Heron :).

14. Ace Wop

Jan 25, 2014
    Santa Clara, CA 95053
    Hey family hows everyone been I miss you all school and work have swallowed me up

ACE-WOP

15. Idaholandho

Idaholandho Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 8, 2012
    Reading Naked
  16. faitaccompli

faitaccompli Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 10, 2014
    Fredericksburg, VA
    I finally went and rebuilt my Heron using flat wire. OMG, what a pain in the @#$Q@#$!!! I have no torch, so that flat wire was a pain to to do. I will say this, though, I wound up building at 1.3 and it is trucking along. I had no idea how many wraps to use yet... since I have never used flat and didn't feel like monkeying around with it more. I had to use a wider screw driver than my usual 3/32 bit to get the kanthal wrapped... But so far the results are good. Bet it would be even better at .8. Oh... and I think it is time to replace the fluff. lol.

17. VapinBill

Dec 19, 2009
    Michigan
    MERCY !!! Idabro, you looking good.

18. pingpongcomputer

pingpongcomputer Full Member Verified Member

May 6, 2013
    United States
    Where do you get the rayon? I got one cellucotton wick to work on the spheroid and have had no luck since

19. yankeebobo

yankeebobo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Western MA
    The rayon referred to is the Cellucotton. Any Sally's in your area.

20. pingpongcomputer

pingpongcomputer Full Member Verified Member

May 6, 2013
    United States
    nevermind, i have some crap that is not cellucotton. i'll give that stuff a try, thanks!