GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Heron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Wop

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Santa Clara, CA 95053
Ace in the place !!! Been fine, brother. How is the Heron working out and what juices have you tried in it.

Unfortunately I don't have a heron yet. Trying to watch my money for now ;) lol. But I'm good just studying for a midterm, I been vaping GVC [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] AMAZING!!!!!

ACE-WOP

StrikeIII

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2013
Chicago
Got my Heron setup and working flawlessly for the past 2 days now! Vape heaven! The fluff setup isnt bad at all! Took me a couple tries to get where I want it. First try wasn't really bad, it just need a little bit more fluff. I dunno if its just me but my juices tastes better now hehe! :vapor:

Glad you got it up and running and didn't give up. Its truly the best. Enjoy!

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk Pro

Woody7781

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Buffalo,NY
I also just said screw it, I'm getting the right build in mine. Realized I was using way too much fluff, went with about 2.5 inches. Built a new coil, 5 wraps of the ribbon that came with the Heron, 2mm ekowool single loop. Filled it with Boba's (been months since I've vaped it) and it's rocking my world right now. I think I finally got it!

kscoggins

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2012
Carrollton, TX
I've just never been able to find another wicking medium where I could get rid of the taste... no matter what I've done there has always been a taste I don't like with other natural materials. Apparantly cellucotton is the new "thing", but functionally it's going to work just like any other cotton...

SOHCking

Sep 26, 2009
Shreveport, LA
For the life of me I cannot explain it, so the only solution is to return the unit and we shall replace it with a new one. I hope you haven't burned the fluff and vape it :) (this is a joke)

Just wanted to let everyone know I got my replacement a couple days ago and just now had the time to sit down and build it.

It's working like a champ and none of that terrible taste from the heron I sent back.

duruzagu.jpg

I built it with KGD and ribbon wire and the flavor is amazing. I might try and build my Spheroid like that next rebuild.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
A post quoted on the microcoil thread. Thought I would post here for rayon/cellulose cotton in a Heron :).

Fantastic build Master. How's the rayon treating your juice?

A few days ago talking about my recent exp rayon on another thread I said, I have been comparing build to build with cotton vs rayon. I also mentioned that I have moved to rayon on many atomizers but, is going to be tough for me to ever give cotton up....
Well, today cotton lost another spot to rayon due to its superior wicking. I just can't get over the always drenched wick.
Here is a basic build of a favorite tank, the GP Heron. Nothing fancy as it was a side by side vape off, lol with a duplicate build with KGD.
Single coil 28ga at 1.0, rayon with 90vg/10pg. The rayon wick that pokes out of the topper Is cut to 2-3mm and contacts V2 fluff in a tank soaked with juice. The Heron is dependant on suspended juice to flow onto the wick.
An incredible atomizer already known for flavor, the result was one the top 2 tanks I have ever vaped in a Heron terms of flavor, wicking, juice flow and efficiency.
The wick stayes juicy.
wQXGzkY.jpg
QYJzxpe.jpg

faitaccompli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Fredericksburg, VA
I finally went and rebuilt my Heron using flat wire. OMG, what a pain in the @#$Q@#$!!! I have no torch, so that flat wire was a pain to to do. I will say this, though, I wound up building at 1.3 and it is trucking along. I had no idea how many wraps to use yet... since I have never used flat and didn't feel like monkeying around with it more. I had to use a wider screw driver than my usual 3/32 bit to get the kanthal wrapped... But so far the results are good. Bet it would be even better at .8. Oh... and I think it is time to replace the fluff. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread