GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
I just checked and I do have the shorter pin on. If I tighten things down with out my atomizer, then it fits but then I cant insert the atomizer in all the way, it makes contact but there is a gap between atomizer and top of the cap. No big deal, I can just get some shorter flat top batteries.

Can you adjust the atty's 510 pin?

Wolfmeat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Central WI
I saw the Knob Creek and might have to try it next time.
Ended up with a bottle of Blanton's.

Speaking of KGD, has anyone tried the Japanese cotton from Domo? I just got a package of it and haven't tried it out yet.

Blantons is great stuff. If you like it you can collect the 8 versions of the topper that show the horse in different positions. Each of them having a letter under the rear legs so that the complete set spells Blantons. Then there is also Woodford Reserve, Bulleit and Basil Hayden. Not necessarily in that order. Remember, Bourbon is the only official drink of the United States. Declared by the Legislature.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
I just checked and I do have the shorter pin on. If I tighten things down with out my atomizer, then it fits but then I cant insert the atomizer in all the way, it makes contact but there is a gap between atomizer and top of the cap. No big deal, I can just get some shorter flat top batteries.

I see your 350's and 650's are IMR's. Is the 18350 an AW IMR? And, all sections fit together with no gap without the atomizer? If so, it has to be the atomizer.
Does the 510 pin protrude more than 1mm out of the end of the 510 male connection on the atomizer?

Last question, do you have the same issue with other atomizers, same 350 battery set up?

Last edited:

faitaccompli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Fredericksburg, VA
Heading to the liquor store shortly. Need a good bourbon recommendation.
I'm still kinda new to whiskeys in general. Tried some Glenfidich and not sure I'm a scotch person. I do like me some Maker's Mark.
Ideas?

You have to try some of out local made, Bowman's. It's pretty good... And it's made right down the street from my place. Located conveniently next to the Blue Grey Brewery. ;). Support your locals!

Todai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2014
Good morning all!

After using up the sample of GVC I got from JP, I have an observation that I'd like your opinion on.

After 3 tank fills of GVC in the Spheroid, it was a big cleaning job. My wick and fluff were practically black, with a dark brown sticky residue from the juice everywhere inside the tank and base. Sticky enough to not come off at all with a hot water rinse, I had to tear the whole thing down and scrub vigorously with soap, water, and toothbrush. The coil was pretty gunked up also.

After a full cleaning, and a new coil, new fluff, and new wick, I've now gone through 3 tanks of my previous custard (CLS from Nicoticket), and my wick and fluff are as clean as when I put them in, with no gunk or sticky residue anywhere.

Is this common for GVC? Coils in both cases were running at 0.9Ω, which is a bit lower than Grant recommends, but certainly not what I would consider low enough to burn the juice, and I got no burnt taste whatsoever. The taste in fact was outstanding. I've just never used a juice that made that big of a mess.

I was just wondering if this is normal for GVC, or if it is really that sensitive to heat.

Once I get some more, I'll try running it around 1.5Ω - 1.8Ω and see if that makes a difference, but boy what a job it was to clean that up.

Last edited:

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
GVC has caramelized my coils in the past. All without changing the flavor. And when the flavor starts to shift, it's wick changing time. I use it in my SnP with a Sophia. (Also have tried in the Heron)
The Sophia cup and tubes need some qtip/rub down treatment. But I certainly don't need heavy scrubbing to it. Perhaps it's because I run 1.2 on it but I haven't had to bust out soapy water out of necessity

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Yep, I will be setting my alarm for 3:50am as I am on the East Coast.....very excited to go to work sleep-deprived tomorrow as it will totally be worth it!! :D

Todai, I noticed that GVC does that to my coil as well....sort of like Boba's Bounty which also caramelizes for me a lot of times.....It doesn't really affect anything as far as I can tell.....Just need to do a bit of extra cleaning. When I was sub-ohming GVC (before I came to my senses and realized that I was killing the flavor!! :blush: ) it also caramelized, so I don't think it's resistance-dependent....I am now running my last bit of GVC at 1.2 Ohms, and it still caramelizes around the coil area......As long as the flavor is still spot on then I think you should be OK....

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
Blantons is great stuff. If you like it you can collect the 8 versions of the topper that show the horse in different positions. Each of them having a letter under the rear legs so that the complete set spells Blantons. Then there is also Woodford Reserve, Bulleit and Basil Hayden. Not necessarily in that order. Remember, Bourbon is the only official drink of the United States. Declared by the Legislature.
It is pretty good actually! Lol, I was sitting there last night looking at the topper and noticed the little N. Wondered what that was for.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
Cotton is an absorbent material. When you place it side by side with fluff, I believe you'll see that it likely won't "release" juice to the wick. The fluff density is perfect for the medium. I've tried aqua filters and that's the best substitute, but nothing beats the fluff. It doesn't come close.
My opinion.

cecsystems

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Cotton is an absorbent material. When you place it side by side with fluff, I believe you'll see that it likely won't "release" juice to the wick. The fluff density is perfect for the medium. I've tried aqua filters and that's the best substitute, but nothing beats the fluff. It doesn't come close.
My opinion.

Have you tried the Cellucotton? Technically Rayon? I agree with you on the cotton... it holds, almost as much as it gives up. As a wick; IMHO the cellucotton wins over cotton... less cottony flavor (even after boiling the organic cotton in distilled water) imparting little flavor of its own and wicks visibly quicker...

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
You have to try some of out local made, Bowman's. It's pretty good... And it's made right down the street from my place. Located conveniently next to the Blue Grey Brewery. ;). Support your locals!
I'm looking at their site now and it looks really interesting. Thanks for the tip! Actually think I'm going to talk the wife into going on a tour there and checking it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread