GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
Has anyone used the cellucotton as the "Fluff" or replaced the silica with it in a Spheroid? :confused: Would it work? Hmmm.

I use rayon for the wick exclusively now, and I tried it in replace of fluff, but I didn't like it better than the fluff. It holds the juice as opposed to releasing it

rodsky77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Switzerland
I use rayon for the wick exclusively now, and I tried it in replace of fluff, but I didn't like it better than the fluff. It holds the juice as opposed to releasing it
Fluff is better than anything else I've tried, so, I got 5 packets of fluff, and that should last a very long time even for 3 Herons and 2 Spheroids that I have. Also waiting on the Shiseido cotton to replace my cotton ball wick.

Last edited:

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Has anyone used the cellucotton as the "Fluff" or replaced the silica with it in a Spheroid? :confused: Would it work? Hmmm.

I've tried several fillers in my Spheroid before the GP fluff (just to see if I could be more economical) ... jewel pads, sera filler, marineland filler, and even wonderfoam. They all work.but none of them work as well as the GP fluff (v2).

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
Have you tried the Cellucotton? Technically Rayon? I agree with you on the cotton... it holds, almost as much as it gives up. As a wick; IMHO the cellucotton wins over cotton... less cottony flavor (even after boiling the organic cotton in distilled water) imparting little flavor of its own and wicks visibly quicker...

I've tried SnC, cotton, KGD, celkucotton. Honestly the difference between the kgd and cc isn't a remarkable difference to me personally. Not enough to separate the tie between them. Would I vape on CC, sure. But is it worth me running out and purchasing CC since I have enough kgd to wrap myself in? Nah.
But both much cleaner than cotton or SnC. SnC is the only one I boil and that's for min 20 mins.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
I think my eyes may be deceiving me. Is there a paps that has the same diameter from top to bottom as the spheroid?

That's the piccolo . We are waiting on the new version late this year or next year? That's just my memory trying my best remember. But Perseas would have to clarify.

I've got my eyes open seeking one myself. There seems to be a piccoloho around here. :lol:

Edit: brain is fried. Piccolo

Last edited:

mssam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Illinois
Hope the GP Team doesn't mind if the image is used for discussion purposes for a moment. If so, I'll delete it...here is what i saw, but the Piccolo that's on the site is narrow in the middle. This one looks really nice!

ss3_piccolospheroid_1_zps31be870e.jpg

Last edited:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hope the GP Team doesn't mind if the image is used for discussion purposes for a moment. If so, I'll delete it...here is what i saw, but the Piccolo that's on the site is narrow in the middle. This one looks really nice!

No problem buddy, this one is the Piccolo Classic v2.5, discontinued on August 2013. We are working on version 4, but no ETA yet.

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked

It is many GP Fans favorite, the "Classic". It was a short term production Piccolo, a month or less if I remember correctly. It is such a nice edition to my Piccolo family.

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
Hello all!

It is a beautiful day here, in my part of Florida. The sun is shining bright! It's hot and humid, but I am getting used to that. I would run the air conditioning for the cats, but they, like I, prefer the house open. Since moving to Florida, the cats and I live on the lanai. Winter.. Summer.. Sleep, eat, everything on the lanai. We never use the rest of the house. I have never used the bed in my bedroom. It is like camping out 24/7 365. I suppose, if I end up building my next house, I should build it with that in mind. :)

Idaholandho

Gone Fishin'
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Reading Naked
Why such a short run for such a beauty?
Great question. If I had to guess, it was a redesign for many reasons. I then think Perseas and Team finally decided to eventually redesign the entire mod including the mechanics and there were a few other mods planned and timed for release at the same time that they felt were as or more important to release.
This is my legitimate guess and makes sense to me :blink:.
The Piccolo is a special device and very popular to to a specific "movement" of Vapors.
I have told the story before but, I was on the fence back in the day about the purchase. Being a prior self proclaimed rough, tough, cage fighter attitude, that has big hands and swollen knuckles from a previous life that enjoys gardening....In a conversation with King P I asked him if it was too small for me or would a 14500 mod look small and you know :)....He quickly sent me pics and convinced me.
It instantly made my favorite list and own a few now with an ad in the classifieds to find another. I love em. One in particular is one I use daily and one of my all time fav GP's.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Thats too bad, its amazing. Its like a slim X.

It was designed in parallel with X and the switch follows the same principle, but the demand in precision is even greater than X's switch. We tried hard with 4 different versions v2.5, v2.6, v3, v3.1, but the end result wasn't up to our standards , so we discontinued it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread