GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabiano87

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2014
london uk
Hey everyone. Just ordered my first spheroid and I am eagerly awaiting delivery. For months and months I used to check online and It was NEVER in stock so the minute I saw it today I Jumped at the chance. Very nice to be getting something by the big ole Pap finally. Any beginner tips would be great if I was to use kgd or rayon as a wick.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
Congrats!

Tips and tricks thread is a great place to start.

Here's my setup. About 1" x 2" on the fluff. No more than the 1" though. It can be between 3/4" and 1". You'll tamp it down. The 2" seems to work very well for length.
The wick. Imagine a straight wick through the coil laying flat. Now cut it at the spot the base ends so none hangs over.

I have 3 spheroids. This setup is fool proof for me and I can set it up blindfolded.

Whatever works for you, this baby you'll enjoy!

Add: I also wrap on a 1/16 jig/drill bit with 30 gauge wire. Usually 6-7 wraps puts me in the neighborhood of 1-1.3 ohms.

Gabiano87

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2014
london uk
I should have known you would be the man to step and help. Its like your a genie on call when ever there is a problem. Will def try the tips and tips thread also. Just a quick confirmation that that was wicked using kgd or rayon as I really don't get along with silica. Excuse If I dont reply for a few days as I'm off on a family weekend holiday.......As in leaving out the front door in 2 minutes. Just drag myself away from anything forum related :facepalm: ty for info yankee

crg31953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mayville, WI
Question Time

On my current build I'm running a 1.7ohm microcoil, organic cotton wick at 17 watts. Coil built on a 2mm rod. Using 30 gauge kanthal.
After 2 or 3 puffs the drip tip gets pretty warm. What did I do?

My first guess is coil placement, meaning to close to the air port in the base. Still wanted to ask the more experienced.

Last edited:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Question Time

On my current build I'm running a 1.7ohm microcoil, organic cotton wick at 17 watts. Coil built on a 2mm rod. Using 30 gauge kanthal.
After 2 or 3 puffs the drip tip gets pretty warm. What did I do?

My first guess is coil placement, meaning to close to the air port in the base. Still wanted to ask the more experienced.

I use 12-13W maximum for 1.7 coil to preserve the flavour. Above it, the vapour becomes too hot for my taste and the flavour is muted. But this is just my opinion. A plastic drip tip has a better heat dissipation in these watts.

Last edited:

crg31953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mayville, WI
I use 12-13W maximum for 1.7 coil to preserve the flavour. Above it, the vapour becomes too hot for my taste and the flavour is muted. But this is just my opinion. A plastic drip tip has a better heat dissipation in these watts.

Thanks to you both, I am at 12 watts and get a comfortable warm vape. I'll tell you one thing though..... I'm going to have to drop my nic. level from 12 to 6.
Dang this thing puts out, time to by another I guess!

crg31953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mayville, WI
Hello Friends,

I honestly feel I have purchased the best device possible when I chose to get my Spheroid V3 from Domo Vapour.
So I am here once again to ask your opinions. I know that build is a personal preference, but I am new to this level of quality and the prospects it holds.
I have heard and seen people install there fluff much longer than the bell length and push the excess down flush, to me this would seem to reduce e-liquid capacity. I have seen and heard the same about installing your fluff and trimming it flush with the end, this would seem to the preferred method. I honestly am not sure here.

Some here already know I'm building micro coils with cotton wick. soon to be rayon. I know if I move the coil up a little my vape is cooler as with reducing power (wattage). If I move the coil closer to the air inlet the vape gets slightly warmer with more favor/richer flavor.

Considering I am new to this device and plan on buying 1 or 2 more, what I ask of you is what you consider to be proper or optimal for you. Push the fluff or trim it, I cut my fluff 1"x 2" and push it in. Coil builds, your preference?

I am by no means a cloud chaser but strive for a quality and flavorful vape, and that's what brings me to you once again. All advice is excepted and appreciated!

Thanks!

crg31953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mayville, WI
Congrats!

Tips and tricks thread is a great place to start.

Here's my setup. About 1" x 2" on the fluff. No more than the 1" though. It can be between 3/4" and 1". You'll tamp it down. The 2" seems to work very well for length.
The wick. Imagine a straight wick through the coil laying flat. Now cut it at the spot the base ends so none hangs over.

I have 3 spheroids. This setup is fool proof for me and I can set it up blindfolded.

Whatever works for you, this baby you'll enjoy!

Add: I also wrap on a 1/16 jig/drill bit with 30 gauge wire. Usually 6-7 wraps puts me in the neighborhood of 1-1.3 ohms.

So, is this pretty much the same setup you used with rayon or did you modify it some?

I have to try it at least once ya know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread