Status
Not open for further replies.

crg31953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mayville, WI
So....My Friends,

We all know that the GP Spheroid is the best around, and believe me I am not disappointed in the least with this device! I am not sure what went in to the engineering of it but I have yet to find something that produces flavor like my Spheroid!
Anyway, I had to try rayon for no other reason other than I can. Below are a couple of pictures of my build. This is a 6/7 wrap of 30 gauge kanthal, 1/16" I.D. = just over 1.5ohms filled with rayon. I'm currently running it at 11watts and this thing performs like nothing else I've built.
I am not 100% sold on the rayon yet because I get a harsh throat hit like someone hit it lightly with sandpaper. I did not get this with cotton! If anyone here knows differently, please speak up.
I do have one question though, in my readings here it may seem that there is a correlation between PG/VG ratio and fluff fill. If this is true, could someone explain this?
Thanks to all who have helped!!! :toast:

IMAG0020_zpsf3f6e885.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAG0021_zpse20133d9.jpg
[/IMG]

crg31953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mayville, WI
I've heard a few people having similar reactions to the rayon. I'm going back and forth trying to see if it's affecting me but I haven't noticed it.
As far as the PG/VG and fluff, the higher VG liquids are thicker so you'll want less fluff so they don't get "stuck".

Thanks for the info ks, I have heard of some having throat issues too. That's why I figured I would ask if anyone here may have had the same effect.
I haven't given up, guess I will see if it gets worse or goes away after a bit.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
With rayon, after a few days, I developed that damn "smokers cough". Mornings were especially all rough and disgusting. I walked away for a few days back to cotton and KGD to confirm. Then tried rayon on a daily Vape and it came back. That's enough for me. I left for health reasons to Vape. I see no need to duplicate the symptoms no matter if it's harmless.

crg31953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Mayville, WI
Thanks yank, I kind of figured that was an issue. The Spheroid performs flawlessly and cotton was never that way it can only be rayon. Can't wait to see prices for the new Piccolo! This Spheroid would look great on one! Of course then I will have to buy another Spheroid and another Piccolo and then I'll have to get another job! Yikes, where does it end?

From A Galaxy Far Away

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
Received them today but very disappointed, both have defective bells so can't be removed, neither are hexagonal, both are just circular.
Totally gutted, have sent an email so hopefully this can be resolved quickly.

OK scratch that, apparently there's no threading on the V3 and it's a push on/off set up. Superfast response from them, now to try and get my fingers inside, lol.

Last edited:

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
lol, managed it easy enough. :)
This was my first time at coiling [bad eyes] but managed it without any problems. Went for 2.0 ohms and got a 2.0 and a 2.2 so happy enough with those results.
First impressions are 10/10, wish I'd forked out the cash ages ago rather than waste money on various clearomisers and poor heads.
Taste is fantastic and vapor production is great, haven't a bad thing to say about it. :)
Great job!

jrs99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
King George, VA
I don't even have words. [emoji15]
Dude! The pencil was the closest thing I could find that was soft enough to not mar the metal. The pointy part looked like a good match up and it seemed like a good idea at the time :D

I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the shed >.<

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
lol, managed it easy enough. :)
This was my first time at coiling [bad eyes] but managed it without any problems. Went for 2.0 ohms and got a 2.0 and a 2.2 so happy enough with those results.
First impressions are 10/10, wish I'd forked out the cash ages ago rather than waste money on various clearomisers and poor heads.
Taste is fantastic and vapor production is great, haven't a bad thing to say about it. :)
Great job!

Hello Steve and welcome aboard :)

You may find all kinds of builds for Spheroid gathered here.

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
Hello Steve and welcome aboard :)

You may find all kinds of builds for Spheroid gathered here.

Thanks, have had a look and will visit the link again I'm sure.
At the moment the wick and wire you sent with the tank is doing the job nicely, I'm sure I'll have a play with other methods/materials in the future. :)

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Hi, happy thanksgiving every one.

Right so i bought a spheroid v3 was lucky to get one!
Such a amazing device ihave to say!

I just don't get it, I've tried so many variations, i just am not getting any throat hit!
1ohm 32mm kanthal around 2mm needle.
12mg liquid. With cotton.

Getting tons of flavour and smoke. But no throat hit! I don't want to increase the nicotine mg.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? On the website it says to cut down your nicotine mg.

Attachments

• IMG_20141129_104246.jpg
    IMG_20141129_104246.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20141129_104254.jpg
    IMG_20141129_104254.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
What is the PG/VG ratio for your liquid?
I usually use 12mg in my tank/Sophia, but find that 6mg works well for me in the Spheroid.
And that gave me a good throat hit. When I switched to a 60 or 70% VG, the throat hit was significantly less.

Hi, happy thanksgiving every one.

Right so i bought a spheroid v3 was lucky to get one!
Such a amazing device ihave to say!

I just don't get it, I've tried so many variations, i just am not getting any throat hit!
1ohm 32mm kanthal around 2mm needle.
12mg liquid. With cotton.

Getting tons of flavour and smoke. But no throat hit! I don't want to increase the nicotine mg.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? On the website it says to cut down your nicotine mg.

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
What is the PG/VG ratio for your liquid?
I usually use 12mg in my tank/Sophia, but find that 6mg works well for me in the Spheroid.
And that gave me a good throat hit. When I switched to a 60 or 70% VG, the throat hit was significantly less.

Hi,

Urm honestly speaking i dont know but most likely it's more pg.
My squape is currently out of action so i cant really check on another device.

There must be something I'm doing wrong.
Oh i have tried various e juices from different brands to pg/vg they are all the same.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Raising and lowering the coil distance from the deck is said to make a difference. But, I've never experienced no throat hit. So, other than playing with the height you have me stumped.

Hi,

Urm honestly speaking i dont know but most likely it's more pg.
My squape is currently out of action so i cant really check on another device.

There must be something I'm doing wrong.
Oh i have tried various e juices from different brands to pg/vg they are all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread