Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
was listening to the radio while driving and the topic was spanking kids and how it made them mean... and more prone to be aggressive towards others later in life...

ummm... a well behaived, obidient, well mannered kid rarely gets spanked while obnoxious ill mannered, ill tempered kids seem to deserve a good .... smack... my feelings on this... just maybe personality is developed early in life and if one turns out mean, its because they were mean to begin with and spanked for being so... maybe its not a cause and effect thing but more a pre existing condition and means to control the issue... basically, bad early, bad forever??

I’m gonna have to agree on your observation. I know I was more than spanked - intensely so and more awful stuff than I want to get into here. If their theory was right, I should be a ferocious bully and maybe behind bars. There’s a big difference between loving correction and abuse. But it can’t be done anymore unless you want to lose your kids or worse.

Also, just my limited observation, but kids do arrive with a lot of their temperament in place. Maybe it boils down to whether one is teachable or not. I don’t know. I do know there’s no way I’d want to be raising kids right now. The whole deck is stacked against parents. And everything ends up being the parents’ fault, especially the mom’s. Personal responsibility is not valued or believed in anymore IMHO.

I grew up in the traditional home, with both parents. My mother was a young mother, and she had to discipline us while my father was at work. My father worked shift work, and was a strict disciplinarian. When we were very young, that worked out pretty well. As we got into school age though, my father handed the punishment out. If my mother told him what we did, we would get it when he got home, no matter what time that happened to be. My paternal grandmother was the disciplinarian. My grandfather was more of a buddy figure. My paternal grandparents were born in the late 1800's. You better believe times were different then on discipline compared to now. I didn't get physical punishment in my mid to late teens, but my brother did. When my father was in his 60's on up, he would tell people he made a mistake with us. (by being too strict) When we were finally able to leave home on our own, we went absolutely wild. The freedom was exhilarating.
I was afraid of repeating the same type of discipline with my own children. (before I had them) I went through a phase of self help, to understand and get over the past. I didn't believe in corporal punishment during that time. I got married and had two young children. My ex and I split when my daughter just turned two, and I was heavily pregnant with my second child. My husband did use corporal punishment on my first child, and I wasn't happy about that, and would step in if I thought he went too far. After my son was born I had to be both mother and father to my kids. My daughter was very head strong, and she was a challenge. I read all the books, and it was not working with her. So I spanked her for serious cases of misbehavior or defiance. Spanking her did not work, so I stopped eventually. What worked her was to put her in her room all by herself. She hated that with a passion.
My son did not mind if you put him in his room by himself at all. He did however get spanked up until maybe 10-11 years old. I cannot remember for sure. There were no spankings during the tweener age on up. Grounding and taking away games, computer and phone time were used past that time period. I wasn't a perfect parent, but I did the best I could. When the kids were very young I had major health problems that I won't go into on here. I was lucky to be alive and raise them. You've heard what doesn't kill you makes you stronger? Well I can say I fully understand that, without a doubt.

I found that each of my kids needed a different type of discipline. My daughter ... just a smack on the hand or the .... and she was devastated. My son got angry if he was spanked. Time out worked for him.

I was more the disciplinarian in the family. Still am with the grandkids. They still love me though! <3 There is a balance and like Opinionated said, consistency.

Been doing research and I really need to stop. Full stop. I will not be a part of the statistics that I am finding. I was feeling a bit low the last few days thinking about that BRAF mutation.

And on that note, I had my CT scan today. After I got home I thought I would just check my patient portal to see if there have been any updates. There was! I didn't think my CEA was checked this last time because it wasn't on the report. I guess it hadn't come back yet when they posted the blood work analysis. The last time my CEA was checked it was 90.7..... it is now 70.7! :D

I have a good feeling about the results of the CT scan.

*crossing fingers, toes and eyes* <~~ makes typing VERY difficult :lol:

Sorry about your issues @PapawBrett
Sorry about the weather you are experiencing @Bunnykiller & @retic1959
Sorry about your wifi issues @Bronze

CONGRATULATIONS @Opinionated !!! Excellent news on your son's non baby issue!! :D

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I found that each of my kids needed a different type of discipline. My daughter ... just a smack on the hand or the .... and she was devastated. My son got angry if he was spanked. Time out worked for him.

I was more the disciplinarian in the family. Still am with the grandkids. They still love me though! <3 There is a balance and like Opinionated said, consistency.

Been doing research and I really need to stop. Full stop. I will not be a part of the statistics that I am finding. I was feeling a bit low the last few days thinking about that BRAF mutation.

And on that note, I had my CT scan today. After I got home I thought I would just check my patient portal to see if there have been any updates. There was! I didn't think my CEA was checked this last time because it wasn't on the report. I guess it hadn't come back yet when they posted the blood work analysis. The last time my CEA was checked it was 90.7..... it is now 70.7! :D

CONGRATULATIONS @Opinionated !!! Excellent news on your son's non baby issue!! :D

Robin, this is great to hear. We have been lifting you up in prayer! And we will continue. I’m sorry for the discouragrement you’ve been feeling but that’s entirely normal. I love that you had good news to boost your spirits. Hang in there my dear!

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
@Robino1 -

Now. I have something to say. (Surprised aren't you at such a shocking revelation!? Lol..)

Go rent, download, or otherwise watch some nice lighthearted comedy movies.

Get off the internet - you don't need to do more research. .. you need to have some fun.

Laugh, have fun... laughter is the best medicine... not research. . :D

I love you. Stop. Breathe. Enjoy those awesome numbers and focus on their downward trend!

Happy dance! Yea!

Seriously, those new numbers are GREAT!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
@Robino1 -

Now. I have something to say. (Surprised aren't you at such a shocking revelation!? Lol..)

Go rent, download, or otherwise watch some nice lighthearted comedy movies.

Get off the internet - you don't need to do more research. .. you need to have some fun.

Laugh, have fun... laughter is the best medicine... not research. . :D

I love you. Stop. Breathe. Enjoy those awesome numbers and focus on their downward trend!

Happy dance! Yea!

Seriously, those new numbers are GREAT!

Today we are going to meet up with a childhood friend of Rick's in West Palm. PF Changs here we come! It will be interesting since these two haven't seen each other since grade school. They were best friends for a year or two before hubby' family moved from the area. Facebook connected them back up.

I hope to be laughing a lot at past stories. LOL

It's Christmas time. A time for joy and celebration. :)

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Looks like the cold front is swooping through our area now. A lot of rain and wind with a bit of thunder thrown in. It's going to be a fun drive to West Palm. 45 minutes in good weather. Throw in the rain....

Time to get moving now that morning coffee is consumed. :D

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
HB Hula!!!

Keep your nose off that internet Ms. Robin!

Sowed here today. None of it stuck to the ground though.

Yes SIR! *salutes*

;)

Lunch was fun, I like the couple. It is getting down right chilly here! We may just have to turn on the heat tomorrow morning. It really does put me in the Christmas spirit though! :D

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
went and bumped up some DF to 50 nic... 36 just wasnt doing it anymore... the odd thing tho... it became smoother to vape. I was expecting it to become "almost" unvapable due to the hi nic content... odd.... :unsure::blink:
Didn't know HHV sold 50 nic.

Users who are viewing this thread