Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Good morning, Army!

The Bug Guys are coming today. I'm tired of dealing with spiders and ants inside the pool cage. Also in the yard. I've managed to stop 2 invasions of those super tiny ants in the house but not looking forward to having to do it again. So we are getting a service that should stop any more invasions.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with a dermatologist. Hopefully they can help my hands. Doubtful though. Worth a shot. The generator install should begin tomorrow also.

Busy week so far.

Putting together lists for stuff to do and get before the kids get here. Soooo excited. A little over a month away!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Good morning everyone! Cofffeeeeeee!

It’s a bright sunny morning but only about 37 degrees out there. Heading for a high of 50-ish. Brrrr.

And I will indulge in one of these. It’s a Lacy Brown Butter Ricotta Cookie. I made a batch last night. They are supposed to be dark around the rim like that. Light crisp that melts in your mouth. Been a while since I ate sweets, so I gotta take it easy! Restraint with these is hard.

3E474187-1ED4-4CB2-B346-98A4C9DE66E9.jpeg

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Hello Army. Gonna go run some errands today. Seems like a step up when really it is such a step down from where I would rather be. BUt Mamaw cooked a Pancake and Bacon breakfast, I still have clean clothes to wear, and it's going to be in the 70's today. Life is Good.

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Good morning, Army!

The Bug Guys are coming today. I'm tired of dealing with spiders and ants inside the pool cage. Also in the yard. I've managed to stop 2 invasions of those super tiny ants in the house but not looking forward to having to do it again. So we are getting a service that should stop any more invasions.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with a dermatologist. Hopefully they can help my hands. Doubtful though. Worth a shot. The generator install should begin tomorrow also.

Busy week so far.

Putting together lists for stuff to do and get before the kids get here. Soooo excited. A little over a month away!
The ants and spiders here are dreadful too. Come August the spiders take over the house. More outside than inside thankfully. But they are all over the house. Can't walk through the woods without having a long stick waving in front of you lest you want to get webbed in the face. Forget about running through the woods. And the sugar ants are everywhere...throughout most of the year. I use Terro liquid near daily when they show up and spread it just outside the back door on the deck. That works pretty good. We also have these things here called Wood's Roaches. They look just like a kitchen roach but larger...about twice the size. Some of them you could saddle up and ride. Instead of being attracted to dirty kitchens they are attracted to water. Anywhere there are water pipes. They pop out of nowhere. Open a drawer, sit on the can, whatever. They are most prevalent during rainy periods. I have that largely under control too. I use this crap called Termidor SC and spray it all around the foundation. All the bug joints use it for long-term termite control but it is effective on many critters. Used to need a license to use it but now it is available on Amazon in most states. Good stuff!

It’s a bright sunny morning but only about 37 degrees out there. Heading for a high of 50-ish. Brrrr.

And I will indulge in one of these. It’s a Lacy Brown Butter Ricotta Cookie. I made a batch last night. They are supposed to be dark around the rim like that. Light crisp that melts in your mouth. Been a while since I ate sweets, so I gotta take it easy! Restraint with these is hard.

View attachment 723299
Those look delicious!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

View attachment 723299

Can I just say :drool:

The ants and spiders here are dreadful too. Come August the spiders take over the house. More outside than inside thankfully. But they are all over the house. Can't walk through the woods without having a long stick waving in front of you lest you want to get webbed in the face. Forget about running through the woods. And the sugar ants are everywhere...throughout most of the year. I use Terro liquid near daily when they show up and spread it just outside the back door on the deck. That works pretty good. We also have these things here called Wood's Roaches. They look just like a kitchen roach but larger...about twice the size. Some of them you could saddle up and ride. Instead of being attracted to dirty kitchens they are attracted to water. Anywhere there are water pipes. They pop out of nowhere. Open a drawer, sit on the can, whatever. They are most prevalent during rainy periods. I have that largely under control too. I use this crap called Termidor SC and spray it all around the foundation. All the bug joints use it for long-term termite control but it is effective on many critters. Used to need a license to use it but now it is available on Amazon in most states. Good stuff!

Those look delicious!

The guy also took all the webs on the pool cage down. Way too high for us to reach. He did a great job. He will be out quarterly.

:thumbs:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014

Those look delicious!

Can I just say :drool:

The guy also took all the webs on the pool cage down. Way too high for us to reach. He did a great job. He will be out quarterly.

:thumbs:

So far the desert climate seems to result in fewer indoor bugs. The HOA might have bug guys on a schedule. I don’t know. But I don’t miss those tiny ants! I wonder if sugar ants are the same as what we called grease ants. Wood roaches would be enough to get me to move! Although stay tuned - I’ve yet to encounter a scorpion. :shock:

The cookies were so easy to make. I could only fit six at a time on a large baking pan because of how much they spread. Next time I’ll use less sugar so they are more savory than sweet. Being PA Dutch, if there’s browned butter, I’m in!

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Well the tool box that I spoke of earlier in the day is now sitting jauntily on the bed rails right behind the headache rack. (Don't ask what is or why a "head ache rack".) Now for a person of regular ordinary mechanical skill this would have been a thirty minute job with a beer half way through. However with my skills, I was able to condense that thirty minutes to a mere two hours and forty-five minutes but I did forego the beer in the middle.
:toast:

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Cold front to the west, warm from from the east, and tropical moisture going up between both. That moisture is being pulled up from the Gulf of Mexico straight up through my area. They put us in a very high risk for flooding. You KNOW I wanted to hear that. So today I have been doing last minute stuff.

I went ahead and checked my tires, got gas, ran to the store, raking pine straw off the curb so the water will flow, rigged the old aluminum boat so hopefully it won't get too full and bust my tires out (the drain plug is open but it only flows so fast), juicing batteries, juicing up the old timey GPS, charged my phones...blah blah. I still have more batteries to charge for my flashlights. Now I have to charge the cell phone again. We are having the worst rain tonight until Thurs morning I think. Still rain until Sunday. We already had a full week of rain last week, and minor flooding before that. I am not in a relaxed frame of mind right now, to say the least.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Cold front to the west, warm from from the east, and tropical moisture going up between both. That moisture is being pulled up from the Gulf of Mexico straight up through my area. They put us in a very high risk for flooding. You KNOW I wanted to hear that. So today I have been doing last minute stuff.

I went ahead and checked my tires, got gas, ran to the store, raking pine straw off the curb so the water will flow, rigged the old aluminum boat so hopefully it won't get too full and bust my tires out (the drain plug is open but it only flows so fast), juicing batteries, juicing up the old timey GPS, charged my phones...blah blah. I still have more batteries to charge for my flashlights. Now I have to charge the cell phone again. We are having the worst rain tonight until Thurs morning I think. Still rain until Sunday. We already had a full week of rain last week, and minor flooding before that. I am not in a relaxed frame of mind right now, to say the least.

Oh no! Not again! Good job getting ready but I sure am sorry you are going through it all. Prayers going up and hugs going out to you. Keep us posted.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Morning, General, mighty fine day here. Today, I mount a tool box on my new to me Tacoma. It's gonna be big.

Well the tool box that I spoke of earlier in the day is now sitting jauntily on the bed rails right behind the headache rack. (Don't ask what is or why a "head ache rack".) Now for a person of regular ordinary mechanical skill this would have been a thirty minute job with a beer half way through. However with my skills, I was able to condense that thirty minutes to a mere two hours and forty-five minutes but I did forego the beer in the middle.
:toast:
Amazing how those 30 minute jobs take longer as we age. I'm replacing the floor shelf in my kitchen sink cabinet. The old one is warped beyond belief. Got the old shelf tore out with the help of a BFH. Went much better than I was thinking it would. Framed it out and quit. About 52 minutes of work that I managed to take all day to do. I didn't finish the job. My excuse was I had to turn off the water and take the plumbing apart to finish the job and it was just too long to be without water too close to dinner time. Beer:30 has a way of creeping up on me. :)

BTW, I can believe how much plywood costs these days. HARK!

76bridget

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Weather here is not nice.. Freezing rain all day, the roads are ok but everything above ground has a layer of ice. Chance of more overnight too. I just don't want the power to go out as we are total electric. We'll be back in the upper 50s by Saturday tho!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Weather here is not nice.. Freezing rain all day, the roads are ok but everything above ground has a layer of ice. Chance of more overnight too. I just don't want the power to go out as we are total electric. We'll be back in the upper 50s by Saturday tho!
Hang in there. 70's/80 all week here.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014

Ugh. I do not miss ice storms. Stay safe (and warm) until it melts! Do you have a fireplace, or some other alternate heat to get you through?

Users who are viewing this thread