Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Well Hula, you should be able to get some good lava rock and pumice for your flowers. It ought to be cheap in Hawaii! I wish I had some for horticulture use. (small size) I was at Lowe's and Home Depot lately. They have lava rock, but it is for your yard, definitely too big for potted plants and container gardens.
Wouldn't dare! Goddess Pele gets even with folk moving her stuff around!:shock:

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I had to look that up, I had no idea what you were talking about. Alright then, I guess you won't be getting some of it once it cools down for your plants. Speaking of plants, I am going to mix up my own soil to re-pot my plants with, maybe tomorrow. I've got perlite, sand, and a regular decent potting mix. I am anxious to see how my mix will work. The small bags of succulent mix are just too expensive, so I am determined to make my own. I may get something else to throw in there, just to make me feel better. I need a fast draining soil, or the succulents will be in bad shape for sure. I might even take a picture or two when I'm done.

Well I couldn't wait longer for the next sale. I had to place my order this evening. I will be out of juice totally before it gets here though. That is going to be a big bummer. I may have to get the local shop to make me a little bottle to tide me over. I definitely decided it is better to order now, so I can beat the rush on any potential sales. If I weren't about out, I could've waited longer.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Thank you FranC. I was going to try the Espoma Organic potting mix, but couldn't find it locally. Luckily I have some Miracle Grow potting mix, and perlite. I picked up some sand recently. I prefer to put my succulents in clay pots.
In the future I may make my own potting mix too. (regular mix-not for succulents)

Thankfully the heat yesterday wasn't as bad as the day before. Looks like we may get some rain today. The hot wind dried everything out, so it will be welcome. It wasn't supposed to rain until Monday, but that is the weather for ya.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
since were chattin bout plants... the wifeys Desert Rose is going to bloom soon.... will try to get pictures once it opens

I used to have one. They are gorgeous. They aren't cold hardy here, if I remember right. I had mine about two years and then the cold got it. I brought it in the garage, but it still got too cold for it. I haven't even seen one here in a long time. I had mine over ten years ago for sure, maybe much longer than that.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thank you FranC. I was going to try the Espoma Organic potting mix, but couldn't find it locally. Luckily I have some Miracle Grow potting mix, and perlite. I picked up some sand recently. I prefer to put my succulents in clay pots.
    In the future I may make my own potting mix too. (regular mix-not for succulents)

Thankfully the heat yesterday wasn't as bad as the day before. Looks like we may get some rain today. The hot wind dried everything out, so it will be welcome. It wasn't supposed to rain until Monday, but that is the weather for ya.
    This is my first time growing succulents unless you count the aloe I've had for 30+ years. Like you I'm not loaded with cash anymore so I try to use what I have on hand. Didn't think to add sand but they're all doing very well.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    ever wonder what makes the difference between a seed and a nut???
    seems that seeds are inside something... cantelope, watermelon, apples, oranges... etc
    but also they can be exterior, such as millet, seasame, sunflower
    and nuts seem to be exterior of the plant... pecans, walnuts, peanuts ( altho underground), but Brazil nuts are inside a fleshy pod. And most nuts are encased in a hardened shell...

so why arent sunflower seeds considered nuts? exterior, in a hardened shell...
    is it the size of the nut/seed that puts it into the "proper" classification?
    and if thats the case... what about avacadoes?

o_O

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    windoze 10 is out of control... it updated and reconfigured everything to its own accord, had to go in and reset my video, sound, preferences, it even made the windoze version of the internet access primary ( I had firefox as primary).... went into the privacy page and found everything turned back on again allowing windoze full access to remote access ect... looks like the "PC" is no longer "personal"... PC should now stand for privacy compromised... :-x

Users who are viewing this thread