Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Something to check out...It's a live cam with sound..

i fissured ummm figured it out... the earth is sick and it has a "boil".... or we need to find a really big bottle of Kaopectate...

wonder how far away you have to be to make Smores?

who ever owned the beach in that area just got richer... alot more beachfront property to build on

sounds like roasted chicken for dinner ;)

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
my life is so exciting... staring at lava listening to someone do the dishes and drinking beer :)

Well I made my food run. Then sharpened the mower blade and got the yard mowed. Now I'm having a Duvel… About as exciting as it gets...Checking out the lava now as then..lot of tremors happening..you can see the cam shake.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Bronze, I would've let them stay. ;)
Reminds me of my gran. A blackbird started building a nest in a bad or dangerous place in her garden, so she took the nest, put it in a shoe box and placed it on a top shelf of an outside awning, I guess you'd call it. Blackbird returned every year to nest there.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Good Morning Army. A damp, restful Saturday here.
So I was watching the video David posted, and I started thinking "in a couple of years that could be the most fertile soil in Hawaii". I wonder how many potheads are wishing they could move there now ?

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)
You've hit the nail on the head as to the type of folk who live there now and why they did.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Well I made my food run. Then sharpened the mower blade and got the yard mowed. Now I'm having a Duvel… About as exciting as it gets...Checking out the lava now as then..lot of tremors happening..you can see the cam shake.

.............?

food run.jpg

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
lol... my wedding cost 75$ and took 15 minutes to perform at a Justice of the Peace and there were 2 witnesses... :)

Mine too. But I'm not sure mine is going to stick. We've only been married 40 years. So I always tell her it's too soon to tell.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Another bird story...

Robin (our lovely threadmember, not the bird) inspired me to do some organizing in the garage. I go out there and there's a bluebird hopping around on top of a pushbroom I have hanging upside down against the wall. He's runnin' his beak letting me know he's not happy. I regularly get birds in the garage who get stuck and are too stupid to figure how to get out. Usually it's the hummingbirds. I ignore him. They eventually find their way out. I'm coming and going. A couple hours go by and I notice he's gone. Then suddenly he reappears. This time with a piece of bark in his chops. Then mommy shows up right behind him with a piece of pine straw in her beak. They weren't stuck at all. They knew exactly what they were doing. These two feathered freeloaders were building a nest in my broom. Pretty nervy if you ask me. So I took the broom down (the nest was nearly done) and chased them out. They perched on a nearby tree giving me some more beak. Too bad. Scram! You belong outside! Bastiches.

We've been battling the barn swallows. They want to nest on our back porch. At our prior home, we made the mistake of allowing them to nest there one summer. Then we figured out what a mistake that was. They crap everywhere, they dive bomb anyone sitting out there, and just generally become a nuisance. So we said not just no but heck no, and it has been a battle of wills. I think we've finally discouraged them enough that they went somewhere else.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
We've been battling the barn swallows. They want to nest on our back porch. At our prior home, we made the mistake of allowing them to nest there one summer. Then we figured out what a mistake that was. They crap everywhere, they dive bomb anyone sitting out there, and just generally become a nuisance. So we said not just no but heck no, and it has been a battle of wills. I think we've finally discouraged them enough that they went somewhere else.

LOL! In my 20’s I did the same thing. I even watched for them to return every year and smiled when I heard the babies. It wasn’t really a sitting porch, so it didn’t bother me. I thought it was funny when they dived bombed me on my way past to get to the driveway.

Now I chase away the pigeons who want to hang out on my balcony. All I can think about is how germy their poop would be and how I don’t want to have to go out and clean it up.

Times sure do change. :lol:

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Well Hula, you should be able to get some good lava rock and pumice for your flowers. It ought to be cheap in Hawaii! I wish I had some for horticulture use. (small size) I was at Lowe's and Home Depot lately. They have lava rock, but it is for your yard, definitely too big for potted plants and container gardens.

Users who are viewing this thread