Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Love, love, love SRV!

Had excitement around here on Saturday. A very sudden evening storm with winds at 70 mph. I thought the palm trees would snap! After the wild dust storm and fierce winds, we had a wicked lightning display. With no sounds of thunder. Very weird.

Turns out it was also a haboob — a desert dust storm. AZ had a big bad one too. You can see some images here:

Photos: Blinding haboobs, flooding and power outages hit Phoenix, Las Vegas

Then this article shared this lovely little tidbit:
What's in a haboob? Poop and Valley Fever spores

“A haboob's giant brown wall contains a lot more than desert dirt, according to air quality experts.

Next time you want to get close to this weather phenomenon, you should know plenty of icky stuff could be along for the dusty ride.

That includes manure and pesticides from agricultural land. The wind whipping across roads and highways could kick up brake dust and tiny pieces of tires. Spores beneath the desert crust could also go airborne, making people sick with Valley fever, which is a fungal lung infection.”

For the record, this Christmas I’d like a military grade gas mask. ;)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Does this make anyone else laugh hysterically while nervously closing the blinds and gnawing a fingernail? :D

5919505F-56EC-4E8C-A668-A4C6B2F0C248.png

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Love, love, love SRV!

Had excitement around here on Saturday. A very sudden evening storm with winds at 70 mph. I thought the palm trees would snap! After the wild dust storm and fierce winds, we had a wicked lightning display. With no sounds of thunder. Very weird.

Turns out it was also a haboob — a desert dust storm. AZ had a big bad one too. You can see some images here:

Photos: Blinding haboobs, flooding and power outages hit Phoenix, Las Vegas

Then this article shared this lovely little tidbit:
What's in a haboob? Poop and Valley Fever spores

“A haboob's giant brown wall contains a lot more than desert dirt, according to air quality experts.

Next time you want to get close to this weather phenomenon, you should know plenty of icky stuff could be along for the dusty ride.

That includes manure and pesticides from agricultural land. The wind whipping across roads and highways could kick up brake dust and tiny pieces of tires. Spores beneath the desert crust could also go airborne, making people sick with Valley fever, which is a fungal lung infection.”

For the record, this Christmas I’d like a military grade gas mask. ;)
I love watching medical shows, and that one was featured. The poor woman was on the road, and a traffic accident caused a long delay. She had to switch the car off and ergo roll down the windows to stay cool while she sat waiting in the long line of traffic for the road to reopen. In addition hantavirus from the enormous rodent populations gets lifted up in that same sand/loose fine dirt. Definitely get a mask.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
I experienced a haboob out in Phoenix several years ago. I'm sure April has seen several of them. They are creepy and bizarre.

Frankly, I'd rather breathe the air in a haboob than go to a store and breathe the air with people sneezing and coughing. I think I'm becoming more germophobic as I get older.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
LA, thanks for the update. I have never heard of a haboob before. Sorry you had bad weather. That seems to be the norm these days. We have still been having winds, and my allergies have been a problem. No telling what is in that wind, as I've mentioned before.

I have been studying up some more on dog food. I am switching brands again. The big dog has a sensitive stomach, and the little one is PICKY. So it has been a challenge trying to find something that works for both of them. I'd like two kinds that I can switch with or mix. Cassie gets too bored, and you practically have to beg her to eat after a couple of days. This includes new food. She acts like it is steak the first day or two, after that it is ho hum...BORING. There seems to be a problem with certain types of dog food now, causing health problems for dogs. The FDA is investigating this. So naturally I freaked out about that, and have been trying to find out what I can.

I've also been trying to read the never ending privacy and TOS changes, and I am more than frustrated trying to keep up with it. Most all of these companies do not seem to care about your privacy, and they share with their "partners" and 3rd parties out the ying yang. It makes my blood boil. I have quit several companies for some of the shenanigans. I see all of the companies I stopped doing business with haven't learned a thing. The bottom line is they don't care what you think.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
LA, thanks for the update. I have never heard of a haboob before. Sorry you had bad weather. That seems to be the norm these days. We have still been having winds, and my allergies have been a problem. No telling what is in that wind, as I've mentioned before.

I have been studying up some more on dog food. I am switching brands again. The big dog has a sensitive stomach, and the little one is PICKY. So it has been a challenge trying to find something that works for both of them. I'd like two kinds that I can switch with or mix. Cassie gets too bored, and you practically have to beg her to eat after a couple of days. This includes new food. She acts like it is steak the first day or two, after that it is ho hum...BORING. There seems to be a problem with certain types of dog food now, causing health problems for dogs. The FDA is investigating this. So naturally I freaked out about that, and have been trying to find out what I can.

I've also been trying to read the never ending privacy and TOS changes, and I am more than frustrated trying to keep up with it. Most all of these companies do not seem to care about your privacy, and they share with their "partners" and 3rd parties out the ying yang. It makes my blood boil. I have quit several companies for some of the shenanigans. I see all of the companies I stopped doing business with haven't learned a thing. The bottom line is they don't care what you think.
None of what you are doing as far as quitting companies is going to matter as long as you continue to run an OS built from the ground up to spy on you .

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Morning, friends! How is it already Thursday? It’s really true: When you get over the hill.... you pick up speed.

actually its us that slows down and everything else seems to speed up ;)

instead of flowing down the river with the current, we get out and walk the bank and the river speeds by

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I aquired an IPad2 and no charger... so, I asked a friend of mine who luvs apple products and she gave me an old car ( ciggie lighter plug type) charger.... so I hooked it up the my power supply and "currently" charging the pad... hopefully the batteries arent to shot to take a charge.... lets see if this thing works.... gonna let it charge all nite.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
hmmm the power supply is set at 13.6V drawing .25A = 3.4W and a standard charge rate is 5.1V at 2.0A ( =10W)
sooo... Im getting 5.1V at .68A to the pad... not the needed 2.0A

this thing is gonna take 3X longer than normal to charge up... o_O

maybe it will be half charged by midnite...

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
hmmm the power supply is set at 13.6V drawing .25A = 3.4W and a standard charge rate is 5.1V at 2.0A ( =10W)
sooo... Im getting 5.1V at .68A to the pad... not the needed 2.0A

this thing is gonna take 3X longer than normal to charge up... o_O

maybe it will be half charged by midnite...
That's still 5x more than I'm charged up at midnight.

Reactions: CMD-Ky

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
its been an hour and the red line hasnt even advanced on the battery charge level... the battery may be shot... altho, the pad does show its taking a charge... odddd.....

Don’t give up on it just yet. When they are completely drained, the doggone things do take forever to charge. I have an iPad from 2012 that’s like that. And my old iPod Touch doesn’t hold a charge for long, but it still works!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014

You practically need a legal degree to untangle the knot that is a TOS. I salute your effort. Good luck on the dog food!

Users who are viewing this thread