Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
i figured out why people have really dark tint on thier car windows... the reason, when you are being nice and let them in ahead of you they dont have to wave "thank you"... o_O

The “Token Wave!” A pillar of politeness. I’d be darn sad to lose them. :(

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
OK, Florence has finally arrived here. Power on and off the last several hours. A couple spells of torrential rain with heart pounding wind. Not huuricane force but strong tropical. Probably 60+. What makes it heart pounding is looking at the trees getting whipped around and the sound of it. It's deafening. You're helpless to stop one of those big ole oaks from coming down. All I can say is those oaks must have one hell of a root system to withstand that.

I’m so glad you’ve been updating us. Oh, to be a mighty oak.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Pfffft. 735 miles in 10 hours and 52 minutes yesterday, 165 miles 2 hours 25 minutes this morning.
Not much wind, mist and drizzle. That would be Winchester, Roanoke, Wytheville, Statesville and Charlotte.
Tropical Storm whatever is petering out faster than it is moving...
Time for an old man nap.

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Phhht. 735 miles in 10 hours and 52 minutes yesterday, 165 miles 2 hours 25 minutes this morning.
Not much wind, mist and drizzle. That would be Winchester, Roanoke, Wytheville, Statesville and Charlotte.
Time for an old man nap.

Your rain is coming Pops. A foot. :)

• Agree
Reactions: EleanorR

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Let’s see if I can post a link. Keep your eye on the background.

But , but , but .... storm of the century , but , but , but , global warming , run for your lives . Maybe he'll walk in to an open manhole and provide us with some real entertainment . :evil:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
But , but , but .... storm of the century , but , but , but , global warming , run for your lives . Maybe he'll walk in to an open manhole and provide us with some real entertainment . :evil:

Someone on Twitter said this guy should apply at the FDA ... “The chiiiiildren! It’s an epidemic!” Ugh. Drama queens.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Pfffft. 735 miles in 10 hours and 52 minutes yesterday, 165 miles 2 hours 25 minutes this morning.
Time for an old man nap.

hope you arent maintaining that speed in the city, and Im gonna assume that doesnt include delivery/unload time ;)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
This made me bust out laughing! Poor guy has gone viral and not in a good way. :lol:
Poor guy my azz , he deserves everything that's coming his way . We're used to weighing the risk's down here , that kinda crap has no place in journalism .

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
Poor guy my azz , he deserves everything that's coming his way . We're used to weighing the risk's down here , that kinda crap has no place in journalism .
Totally agree, one thing to report and educate, another to falsify and create fear. Not cool.

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
79E29789-9C0C-49B7-8399-82B6777FC8D8.jpeg I’ve got water! Just waiting to learn how to turn on the pumps, waterfalls etc...

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
The thing is, there is real misery to find close by. Homes that are flooded and everything ruined. The guy should try going in one of those homes when their owners return to find all is lost. He wont have to act like there is drama then. But they have to manufacture it because they're wusses.

Meanwhile, we haven't had much rain. Less than 3" to this point. And it basically all came down in two or three 15 minute downpours when the wind got amped up. I admit, it's scary to see those trees rocking in every direction and noises you never heard before. I don't care if they snap or get ripped out of the ground (it's happened before) but I don't want any of them falling on the house. I have an oak about 18' in front of the house. It's one of those split ones with two trees coming out of one trunk. It's the tallest oak on my property. It got struck by lightning about 12 years ago and the side of the trunk got blown out (along with a bunch of other stuff on and in my house). It lived somehow but I'm never sure just how solid that thing is anymore.

July, 2006
Tree Lightning (Small).jpg

Three years later...
IMG_1601 (Small).JPG

Had another tree on the side of the house that got hit by a lightning bolt too. I'm being picked on. :)

Users who are viewing this thread