Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Omg I wish you were my neighbor!!

It’s a remote app on my phone (so I can turn the heat on for the jacuzzi before I leave work) or turn things off if I forget to, etc... I’m going to copy and paste this and have it on hand so I remember the color scheme. There was a good reason I went with fiber filter but those choices were so long ago I don’t recall. I’ll have to reference my notebook.

Thank you so much. There were really a lot of incredibly helpful tips in that post!

I have an Evernote notebook with tips I get from here. More than one is from @Bunnykiller. :)

Your pool, patio, BBQ.., just gorgeous! I felt more relaxed just seeing the pics. And post as many as you want! You should be proud. I post pics of my food when I’m proud of what I made. You’re sharing with friends.

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
I have an Evernote notebook with tips I get from here. More than one is from @Bunnykiller. :)

Your pool, patio, BBQ.., just gorgeous! I felt more relaxed just seeing the pics. And post as many as you want! You should be proud. I post pics of my food when I’m proud of what I made. You’re sharing with friends.
I bet that’s quite the collection of helpful tips in that notebook! I used the grill tonight. What a treat! Just wish my barstools would get here so I can eat out there too. I moved back into my old house (long story) but I really wanted to do something to make it feel like MY house, something totally different than what was there. I’m sure that makes sense to just me :) but I’m hoping it makes sense.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Good Morning Army. Power musta went off again last night, but it was back on when I got up.
Old Man Florence is just hanging over the Piedmont area, and rain just keeps falling ....

Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)
Just heard another stat. Some 19 18 trillion gallons of water will fall on the state. Enough to cover the entire state with 10" of water. The mountains are next. Can you say "Mudslide"?

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Just heard another stat. Some 19 18 trillion gallons of water will fall on the state. Enough to cover the entire state with 10" of water. The mountains are next. Can you say "Mudslide"?

I am scheduled to deliver in Winston-Salem and pick up in Troy tomorrow, but I am already considering calling in and saying "How about we try that on Tuesday ?". No telling what some of the two-lanes throughout the Carolinas are going to look like early in the morning with all the wind and rain. Can you say fallen trees ?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I am scheduled to deliver in Winston-Salem and pick up in Troy tomorrow, but I am already considering calling in and saying "How about we try that on Tuesday ?". No telling what some of the two-lanes throughout the Carolinas are going to look like early in the morning with all the wind and rain. Can you say fallen trees ?
Traveling thru the mountains is treacherous enough during good weather. Add rain or snow storms and it is travel at your own risk.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
We have had a lot of rain over the past few weeks here. Still more in the forecast as well. Usually when it comes down, it is just a huge downpour. Then it mostly stays cloudy and muggy. Our temps have climbed to several degrees above normal for day and night. We did need the rain. Now I'm all for letting it dry out some before we get more. Usually my electric bill goes down in September. I don't think it will drop much this time though.

I'm still watching the Florence nightmare. The mosquitoes here are getting pretty rough. I imagine that is also going to effect NC.

The tomcat is still hanging out at my place. My big dog still has not gotten used to that idea. So it is still a bit chaotic here because of it.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
We have had a lot of rain over the past few weeks here. Still more in the forecast as well. Usually when it comes down, it is just a huge downpour. Then it mostly stays cloudy and muggy. Our temps have climbed to several degrees above normal for day and night. We did need the rain. Now I'm all for letting it dry out some before we get more. Usually my electric bill goes down in September. I don't think it will drop much this time though.

I'm still watching the Florence nightmare. The mosquitoes here are getting pretty rough. I imagine that is also going to effect NC.

The tomcat is still hanging out at my place. My big dog still has not gotten used to that idea. So it is still a bit chaotic here because of it.
Your bill should go down a little. The sun is not out as long so you don't have to cool as long either.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
when I returned from Huntsville Al. to Nola after Katrina ( about 36 hrs after it passed) the intersate from Jackson to Nola was littered with fallen trees, even tho they cut the trees back far enuf from the roadway, the trees still managed to fall into the roadway blocking clear passage... took several hours to navigate around the fallen trees to get to Nola...
and the pine sap stained the road for a couple of weeks afterwards.... eventually the state bulldozed the trees to the side of the road and made things a bit easier to travel...

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Travertine. It’s actually not that slippery. Even the dogs haven’t spun out on it yet.

ahhh okay... dense limestone, keep it clean by pressure washing about 2X a year... if ignored it can accumilate fine dirt particles in the "pores" and become slick... a mild acid wash about every 2 yrs will keep it "grippy"... :)

Users who are viewing this thread