Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I completed one of my better jury rig jobs. Quite impressive I must say. Last year the deck umbrella blew off the deck two different times in wind storms. Two of the eight spokes snapped in two where they pivot and the pole/tube where they couple together got massively boogered up. Got some aluminum angle iron and put it around the busted spokes and bolted them on. Solved that problem. Chopped 1-1/2" off the tube to get a clean end and rigged some bolts in it to attach the bottom piece. It's solid again. Solved that problem. Then I added a grommet that fit in the center hole of the table where the umbrella pole fits thru. The amazing thing about that is the grommet I used. I ordered a grommet/seal for my fuel pump repair job last year. They sent me the wrong part. It was a grommet/seal for the gas tank, not the pump. So I just tossed it in the ole bone box figuring I'd never use it. Turns out I could not have designed a better part for that centerhole. It is 100% perfect and way better than the original grommet that came with the table. A gas tank grommet! Whatever works, I guess. :)

I applaud this heartily! Ingenuity and perseverance to be respected. :thumb:

Before I moved I had containers of various bolts, screws, washers, nails, gizmos and whatnots for Just In Case. Came in very handy, though never as epic as what you did here. I hated leaving those goodies behind.

For family travels, my Just In Case packing pile far exceeded any other items to be packed. I’d be chided for that pile... until one of those Just In Case items saved the day. As they so often did!

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I have stashes such as this. I call it "Ace" or "Lowe's" because I can never find what I am looking for in my mess of stuff, until I am looking for something else and Whoa there is what I was looking for.

I completed one of my better jury rig jobs. Quite impressive I must say. Last year the deck umbrella blew off the deck two different times in wind storms. Two of the eight spokes snapped in two where they pivot and the pole/tube where they couple together got massively boogered up. Got some aluminum angle iron and put it around the busted spokes and bolted them on. Solved that problem. Chopped 1-1/2" off the tube to get a clean end and rigged some bolts in it to attach the bottom piece. It's solid again. Solved that problem. Then I added a grommet that fit in the center hole of the table where the umbrella pole fits thru. The amazing thing about that is the grommet I used. I ordered a grommet/seal for my fuel pump repair job last year. They sent me the wrong part. It was a grommet/seal for the gas tank, not the pump. So I just tossed it in the ole bone box figuring I'd never use it. Turns out I could not have designed a better part for that centerhole. It is 100% perfect and way better than the original grommet that came with the table. A gas tank grommet! Whatever works, I guess. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Pappy

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I applaud this heartily! Ingenuity and perseverance to be respected. :thumb:

Before I moved I had containers of various bolts, screws, washers, nails, gizmos and whatnots for Just In Case. Came in very handy, though never as epic as what you did here. I hated leaving those goodies behind.

For family travels, my Just In Case packing pile far exceeded any other items to be packed. I’d be chided for that pile... until one of those Just In Case items saved the day. As they so often did!

I have stashes such as this. I call it "Ace" or "Lowe's" because I can never find what I am looking for in my mess of stuff, until I am looking for something else and Whoa there is what I was looking for.
My dad inherited his dad’s stash. Then I inherited both of theirs. 99% of it will never get used and it is a pain having to rifle thru it all the time looking for that one tiny morsel that gets mytit out of a wringer. But the 1% sure comes in handy, huh?
Any have info on flying with vape gear? My daughters have talked me into going to see the Grand Canyon next month.
April would know.

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
Any have info on flying with vape gear? My daughters have talked me into going to see the Grand Canyon next month.
I just carry it on. It’s never been an issue. Occasionally it will get run thru the machine again or they’ll ask me what it is. You can check most of it and just put the one you’ll need in your purse. I used to take it apart, but honestly that got my stopped more often. I take it apart once on the plane, the tank will flood so I tip it upside down (tip from Chak that made a huge difference). Have fun!! Glad you’re getting out and doing something with your girls.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
whewww Im home.. that was brutal. Im off for about 6 hrs then back to the "rew teen" ( roo or rouix), at least I wont have any nite runs for the next 2 days ( fri / sat)... think I might be able to see the wifey somewhere in that time period ;)
but for now, Im gonna have me a shot of Meyers and have a melt down...

ohhh and by the way ( BTW) if anybody is considering see bee d oil/tincture... be careful of its contents... the wifey started using some for "general health benefits" and tested positive for that one chem thats NOT supposed to be in the product. She was told by the supplier that it had 0% ( none) but yet it showed up. Either the testing procedures showed a false positive or the product is "tainted".... buyer beware

Last edited:

76bridget

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
For those of you who like baked or grilled salmon, Costco's salmon is great. My wife usually makes it once every couple of weeks and I love it. She puts it on a cookie sheet lined with foil, sprinkles some spices on it (not sure which ones), brushes it with olive oil, and then bakes it uncovered. Fantastic.

Costco also has some salmon in the freezer section, individual size and pre-marinated. I don't love salmon but this one is good.

I do it regularly also, never any issues. One of my tanks leaks out (even upside down) so I leave it empty until I reach my destination. I put my juice bottle in my carry on liquids. A 60ml is just over 2 oz so it's fine for the TSA liquids rule for carry-on.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx

It is against TSA rules to put lithium batteries in your checked bags. So put all your batteries in your carry-on luggage.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
General, you may enjoy this. You recall that I had some trees taken down near the house. I had them leave the trees and all where they fell to save a pot load of money. I've been moving down the tree limbing them as I went. I got around to going after the main trunks and eventually found they were really heavy, shocking, I know. I couldn't cut them on the ground, I'd mess up the chain. I sat down and thought (at this my lovely wife ran from the house screaming, "NOOOOOOO, no thinking"). I used the truck to drag each trree into a clear area. I got my floor jack out, took all of the extensions off and wedged it under the tree trunk. I raised the trunk and put jack stands under it. This raised the trunk up off the ground and I could cut without bending way over, never damaged the chain. Then moved the floor jack down the trunk a bit and repeated. I hate hate hate to ask for help and I was determined to that job by my self. Floor jack, jack stands, a pickup, a rope, a chainsaw, a boy and his dog. Good fun.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
General, you may enjoy this. You recall that I had some trees taken down near the house. I had them leave the trees and all where they fell to save a pot load of money. I've been moving down the tree limbing them as I went. I got around to going after the main trunks and eventually found they were really heavy, shocking, I know. I couldn't cut them on the ground, I'd mess up the chain. I sat down and thought (at this my lovely wife ran from the house screaming, "NOOOOOOO, no thinking"). I used the truck to drag each trree into a clear area. I got my floor jack out, took all of the extensions off and wedged it under the tree trunk. I raised the trunk and put jack stands under it. This raised the trunk up off the ground and I could cut without bending way over, never damaged the chain. Then moved the floor jack down the trunk a bit and repeated. I hate hate hate to ask for help and I was determined to that job by my self. Floor jack, jack stands, a pickup, a rope, a chainsaw, a boy and his dog. Good fun.
WooHoo! Nuttin' like determination.

Here's another way. You make your log cuts from the top. Go 3/4's of the way thru. Roll the log and finish cutting from the other side. EZPZ Or EZ Peavey. :)

Are you making your weenie saw work or did you get another saw from somewhere?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
And here's what you need if you're going to split them into firewood. But let the logs dry a year. Lots easier to split.

https://www.amazon.com/Manual-Log-S...s=gateway&sprefix=log+splitter,aps,152&sr=8-4

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014

Applause! Applause! :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread