Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Did you file your rakers?

Here is a handy tool for the sprocket at the end of your bar (if you have a sprocket at the end of your bar). Most Lowes have them. Can get on Amazon too.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oregon-1-5-oz-Manual-Pre-Loaded-Chain-Saw-Grease-Gun/1112145

Oh, and flip your bar now and again. Evens out the wear.

That grease seems like a very good idea, my Lowe's has four in stock. I have what Stihl calls a "Roll-O-Matic bar, to me it looks like rollers at the tip. I will give that a try, anything that reduces friction is good to me, I wonder why Stihl doesn't mention it?
I did file the both the cutting tooth and the depth rakers. I do flip.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
That grease seems like a very good idea, my Lowe's has four in stock. I have what Stihl calls a "Roll-O-Matic bar, to me it looks like rollers at the tip. I will give that a try, anything that reduces friction is good to me, I wonder why Stihl doesn't mention it?
I did file the both the cutting tooth and the depth rakers. I do flip.
Does your bar have little grease holes at the center of the sprocket?

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
No, there is no sprocket or grease opening at the tip of the bar. I recall what you are talking about, some time back I had a saw that had a sprocket, I had forgotten that. Mine has "rollers" at the tip that remain stationary and roll with the chain. I would think that a sprocket that was greased would be more durable.

• Agree
Reactions: Bronze

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I like that Peavey pole, if I was ten years younger, I'd probably look into it. I can't justify a new tool that, I hope, I would only use for the next two weeks and never again. My floor jack and stands are working well and a plus, using them slows me down some.
That Peavey reminds me of my first real job as a yard worker for a structural steel fabricator, Johnson Structural Steel, Lenexa, Kansas. I used a yolk pole to flip I-beams and then spray them with some rust proof primer. We worked twelve hours five days a week and five on Saturday. Man, I was loaded with cash all that overtime. Dated the cutest young lady, it was great. She went to college and was left covered in paint. Good times, for sure, one of my favorite times in life.

• Winner
Reactions: LAwaters

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I have a better idea.... to save gas at cruzin speeds... DO THE SPEED LIMIT!... you would be amazed at how much gas is saved when you do 70 mph as compared to 85, especially in a Pickup truck. ( dont know if its a southern thing or its nation wide but PU truck owners down here have no idea what a speed limit is).

Texas probably is pretty dang high on the pickup truck list. I have one, but I drive right at the speed limit. I haven't noticed trucks speeding more than cars. The highway patrol around here keep people at reasonable speeds most of the time. The ones who fly be me are probably mostly wealthy or young. The wealthy ones don't care because they can afford it. The young ones will feel the burn and slow down eventually. High insurance rates get even worse when you start getting tickets here.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Evening.... Lazy Sunday... While I was out today I activated my free month of OnStar. Not sure why I bothered because it doesn't hold any interest for me. And I just can't see paying a monthly fee for something I'm not likely to make use of... So when the month runs out I'll let it shut off. Still trying to get the Android auto app to work for google maps. Looks like the radio didn't get an update it needed that a dealer has to do. Which I guess means I'll have to take it to a GM dealer. I bought it from a Ford dealer. Don't think the warranty will cover it so I may have to pay a labor cost. I'm only trying to get maps on the screen. Not a big deal if I don't..

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I'm pulling an all-nighter again because of the weather. I'm listening to the local station and they have a live broadcast going on. This is happening too frequently. Extremely high winds about 70mph nearby, hail, and very heavy rain. We also had sirens going off a little earlier.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
We got a healthy full days amount of rain, within an hour and a half. The local forecaster called it blinding rain, and he wasn't joking. I would call it something else, at the moment. It finally lightened up so I could take a quick break, and grab a vape while I'm at it. The rain is better now, but still going on.

Users who are viewing this thread