Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Gotta love that gal though, she was standing up for daddy. I learned a long time ago not to argue with Mama.

ETA
My daughter has been Americanized and in a lot of ways is a lot like her mom... Like adding a thunderstorm to a hurricane

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Yesterday, we moved MIL's bed out of her room. It's one of those heavy duty medical beds. Took six of us to get it down five steps to the driveway and into a cousin's pick up. We didn't dare try to disassemble it too much. Just took off the head & foot boards. Cousin is taking it to local temple where one monk is bedridden - a donation from us.

Come to think of it, that might be why Mama is so sensitive today. She may not realize it either.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Yesterday, we moved MIL's bed out of her room. It's one of those heavy duty medical beds. Took six of us to get it down five steps to the driveway and into a cousin's pick up. We didn't dare try to disassemble it too much. Just took off the head & foot boards. Cousin is taking it to local temple where one monk is bedridden - a donation from us.

Come to think of it, that might be why Mama is so sensitive today. She may not realize it either.
It probably is the reason. {{{ hugs to you and mama Chak}}}

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
You're a great hubby chak!

Good morning y'all
Thanks Always. I usually do right by her when I get a round tuit. actually I have two round tuits.

A-Round-Tuit01.jpg A-Round-Tuit02.jpg

Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I have a 7.1 (use 5.1) surround sound system with JBL speakers that will blow the paint off the walls. Also hooked up two B.I.C. Venturi IV loudspeakers I use for music. I bought them in 1977 and had them rebuilt with the finest speakers money can buy. 12" woof, Swiss midrange, 2 tweeters, 2 super high frequency speakers per loudspeaker. You can hear everything recorded including a mouse farting from the parking lot of the recording studio. I'm with you on the sound. Love me optimal sound.

7.1 Onkyo speakers here, and yes, I'm guilty of actually blowing paint off the wall when testing/setting up the speakers and 12" sub. :D

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Good Morning Army. Stayed up late watching the Sqweelers/ Bungles game. Cincinnati is an incredibly stupid team. If I were a Bengals Fan I would be livid. Or ashamed.

Have a Safe and Blessed Sunday :nun:
Time for Burfict to sit a season. He has been fined countless times and it does no good. Make him sit. And Pacman Jones should have been banned from the league years ago.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
7.1 Onkyo speakers here, and yes, I'm guilty of actually blowing paint off the wall when testing/setting up the speakers and 12" sub. :D
I had a Superbowl party one year and at halftime I cranked up the halftime show when The Who were playing. It was LOUD! We're talking a bunch of old fogeys who don't even like rock n roll here and they loved it! LMAO!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I priced a new color wheel for my 42" DLP. It's now $181. That's half way to a new 43" LED. Not worth it. I paid $108 3 years ago when I repaired it the first time.The new LED is looking very fine, Dust. An improvement over the DLP. The problem with the DLPs is they lose brightness over time as the lamp ages. Looks nice and bright for awhile then after a year or two it gradually gets darker and you don't even notice it until you put a new lamp in it. BTW, if you ever hear a buzzing sound like a fly bumping into a window that is your color wheel ready to shatter.

On another note, I got my 7.1 approximately three minutes before HDMI came out. So my receiver has no HDMI ports which kinda sucks. I use component cables for video and optical cables for sound. Truthfully, they are near as good as the HDMI cables for amatuers like us but the HDMIs sure make it cleaner behind the components.

Yesterday I was testing my set up. Got to the DVD player and I couldn't get it in 5.1. In fact, I never got it in 5.1. I rarely use my DVD player so never really messed with it. Well, I wanted to get to the bottom of it so I spent an hour researching. Ends up it was a 5th level menu option on the DVD that was switched wrong. I had it (or it was defaulted) to PCM. I switched it to bitstream and got 5.1 back. Now, tell me....I have a graduate degree and didn't just fall off a turnip wagon. Who in the hell knows what PCM versus bitstream is on a DVD player? Why don't they speak in plain English so dopes like me can understand the difference? And why bury the option five levels down the menu? I swear, these tech geeks make no sense sometime.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I priced a new color wheel for my 42" DLP. It's now $181. That's half way to a new 43" LED. Not worth it. I paid $108 3 years ago when I repaired it the first time.The new LED is looking very fine, Dust. An improvement over the DLP. The problem with the DLPs is they lose brightness over time as the lamp ages. Looks nice and bright for awhile then after a year or two it gradually gets darker and you don't even notice it until you put a new lamp in it. BTW, if you ever hear a buzzing sound like a fly bumping into a window that is your color wheel ready to shatter.

On another note, I got my 7.1 approximately three minutes before HDMI came out. So my receiver has no HDMI ports which kinda sucks. I use component cables for video and optical cables for sound. Truthfully, they are near as good as the HDMI cables for amatuers like us but the HDMIs sure make it cleaner behind the components.

Yesterday I was testing my set up. Got to the DVD player and I couldn't get it in 5.1. In fact, I never got it in 5.1. I rarely use my DVD player so never really messed with it. Well, I wanted to get to the bottom of it so I spent an hour researching. Ends up it was a 5th level menu option on the DVD that was switched wrong. I had it (or it was defaulted) to PCM. I switched it to bitstream and got 5.1 back. Now, tell me....I have a graduate degree and didn't just fall off a turnip wagon. Who in the hell knows what PCM versus bitstream is on a DVD player? Why don't they speak in plain English so dopes like me can understand the difference? And why bury the option five levels down the menu? I swear, these tech geeks make no sense sometime.

I wouldn't be much help, because I followed the same head scratching around 5 or 6 years ago. I do have a Pioneer Receiver from back then that has a microphone for fine tuning the room setup etc, so that took away some of the guess work to making things work well. It really does a fantastic job. Also, all HDMI, and definitely cleaner, although I do have a lot of cables behind there. I know what you're saying about DLP, and the lamp slowly fading away, but it's working fine right now with no annoying buzzing sounds to indicate that the colour wheel is failing. Fingers crossed it stays that way until 4K 70" models come down to the $500 range. :D

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

I wouldn't be much help, because I followed the same head scratching around 5 or 6 years ago. I do have a Pioneer Receiver from back then that has a microphone for fine tuning the room setup etc, so that took away some of the guess work to making things work well. It really does a fantastic job. Also, all HDMI, and definitely cleaner, although I do have a lot of cables behind there. I know what you're saying about DLP, and the lamp slowly fading away, but it's working fine right now with no annoying buzzing sounds to indicate that the colour wheel is failing. Fingers crossed it stays that way until 4K 70" models come down to the $500 range. :D

Since the big screens are in the bedrooms and not the living room AND that Mama Chak & Grandma does/didn't not go for LOUD. I use the default speakers on them. May change now that one Big screen is freed up - I may bring Grandma's out to the living room and hook up some better speakers. Heck, maybe I'll use it as an extra computer display too.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I'd hang on to that DLP too. Lamps are affordable even if you change them yearly. Remember you can buy just the bulb for a whole lot less and just reuse the housing.

Users who are viewing this thread