Status
Not open for further replies.

nahuelarg86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Minneapolis
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the world of electronic cigarettes. I've been smoking regular cigarettes and one day I was at a gas station and I saw this "cigarette-thing-like" and decided to research it. I found out it was an njoy e-cig. At that moment, it got my interest. I did a little research about the whole deal, and I concluded to buy just a disposable to see how it "feels." Well, I went back to the gas station and bought this Onejoy disposable e-cig. After trying it for some days I thought I liked this whole thing. I began to research about the electronic cigarette world, and came across this forum. I kept reading and trying to decide which e-cig would be best to buy first. I don't want to spend a lot of money on the kit, I'm in a tight budget. This is another thing that I liked from the e-cig world, that you may save money; although I don't smoke much to begin with. My final objective is to quit smoking, I tried before the nicotine gum, but it felt weird. The e-cig feel a little more like the real thing, so I think there is a lot of psychology behind the deal.
So after researching the web and trying to find "beginner tutorials" or guides to start "vapping" (I cannot get used to this word) I came to the conclusion that most of the people recommend to start with a KR8 or a 510 starter kit, and with this, to buy also some e-juice.
So far, so good. Now, here is were I have the hundreds of questions. For example some are:
-Where do I buy this kits?
-What are some good internet retailers? (I saw several searching on Google, but I don't know, some look shady).
-Which e-cig would resemble a real cigarette the most, KR8 or 510?
-Why are there thousands of brands (like Blu cig, njoy, V2, Green Smoke, etc) but none of those are talked about or recommended on forums? People seem to refer to e-cig by their model number instead of a specific brand.
-What do you recommend to start with? An "express" starter kit from one of these many "known" companies for $20-25, or a "generic" starter kit for $30-50 from sellers like kingpin, ecigexpress or veppo?
I tried to research the most I could, but I cannot find the information in an organized way (at least for me) so I'm very confused about where to even start.
Thank you in advance!

Nahuel

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Last edited:

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the world of electronic cigarettes. I've been smoking regular cigarettes and one day I was at a gas station and I saw this "cigarette-thing-like" and decided to research it. I found out it was an Njoy e-cig. At that moment, it got my interest. I did a little research about the whole deal, and I concluded to buy just a disposable to see how it "feels." Well, I went back to the gas station and bought this Onejoy disposable e-cig. After trying it for some days I thought I liked this whole thing. I began to research about the electronic cigarette world, and came across this forum. I kept reading and trying to decide which e-cig would be best to buy first. I don't want to spend a lot of money on the kit, I'm in a tight budget. This is another thing that I liked from the e-cig world, that you may save money; although I don't smoke much to begin with. My final objective is to quit smoking, I tried before the nicotine gum, but it felt weird. The e-cig feel a little more like the real thing, so I think there is a lot of psychology behind the deal.
So after researching the web and trying to find "beginner tutorials" or guides to start "vapping" (I cannot get used to this word) I came to the conclusion that most of the people recommend to start with a KR8 or a 510 starter kit, and with this, to buy also some e-juice.
So far, so good. Now, here is were I have the hundreds of questions. For example some are:
-What are some good internet retailers? (I saw several searching on Google, but I don't know, some look shady).
-Why are there thousands of brands (like Blu cig, Njoy, V2, Green Smoke, etc) but none of those are talked about or recommended on forums? People seem to refer to e-cig by their model number instead of a specific brand.
-What do you recommend to start with? An "express" starter kit from one of these many "known" companies for $20-25, or a "generic" starter kit for $30-50 from sellers like kingpin, ecigexpress or veppo?
I tried to research the most I could, but I cannot find the information in an organized way (at least for me) so I'm very confused about where to even start.
Thank you in advance!

Nahuel

Stay away from blu.

The best and most recommended "mini" on here is the the smokeless image volt. The 78mm battery lasts 3-4hours of moderate chain vaping. The cartos last a long time, can be refilled several times and don't burn easily. They have a customer service that is second to none and fast shipping. The volt is reasonably priced with 2 battery starter kits from $45. There is also a 15% off coupon. I quit a 1 1/2 PAD habit the day I got my kit. Make sure you buy a kit that has 2 batteries, no matter what company you use. I have several tips and tricks videos on vaping. Here is one on the volt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELM4QhceR7o

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

decay1134

Aug 22, 2012
Missouri
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the world of electronic cigarettes. I've been smoking regular cigarettes and one day I was at a gas station and I saw this "cigarette-thing-like" and decided to research it. I found out it was an Njoy e-cig. At that moment, it got my interest. I did a little research about the whole deal, and I concluded to buy just a disposable to see how it "feels." Well, I went back to the gas station and bought this Onejoy disposable e-cig. After trying it for some days I thought I liked this whole thing. I began to research about the electronic cigarette world, and came across this forum. I kept reading and trying to decide which e-cig would be best to buy first. I don't want to spend a lot of money on the kit, I'm in a tight budget. This is another thing that I liked from the e-cig world, that you may save money; although I don't smoke much to begin with. My final objective is to quit smoking, I tried before the nicotine gum, but it felt weird. The e-cig feel a little more like the real thing, so I think there is a lot of psychology behind the deal.
-Why are there thousands of brands (like Blu cig, Njoy, V2, Green Smoke, etc) but none of those are talked about or recommended on forums? People seem to refer to e-cig by their model number instead of a specific brand.
Thank you in advance!

Nahuel

Hello, I started out with the V2 (kr808) kit and was a little on the pricier side ($75). Although the product was excellent, I wish I had learned more before buying. Right now I am vaping from a kit I bought from Happyesmoker.com . $30 bucks, eGo knockoff battery, Vision Clearomizers and Strawberry Lemonade juice which is quite tasty. The battery is passthrough wich means you can vape it while plugged into the computer or powersupply. I am very happy with it so far, but will be ordering a couple of genuine Joyetech batteries soon. The battery with clearomizer attached is rather big, but fits well in a large eyeglass case.

Bottom line: from what I have read, your best bet would be to go either eGo or 510 (although the eGo has 510 threading) just because of all the different options there are. Hope this helps.

Pete379

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
Illinois
I started with Blu so I wont say STAY AWAY FROM BLU as some say... Is it the best..NO. Is it the cheapest...NO. For me it was the best purchase I have made since I started to vape in January since it has gotten me from a 2 pack a day for over 30 years to smoke free right now since March. I have a whole list of things I have purchased and "outgrown" or still use in both 510m and 808 carts. IMO it is best to choose one your comfortable with the size. I would only get something 510 because there is a lot more options out there to try different juice delivery systems. Best of luck to you!

nahuelarg86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Minneapolis
Stay away from blu.

The best and most recommended "mini" on here is the the smokeless image volt. The 78mm battery lasts 3-4hours of moderate chain vaping. The cartos last a long time, can be refilled several times and don't burn easily. They have a customer service that is second to none and fast shipping. The volt is reasonably priced with 2 battery starter kits from $45. There is also a 15% off coupon. I quit a 1 1/2 PAD habit the day I got my kit. Make sure you buy a kit that has 2 batteries, no matter what company you use. I have several tips and tricks videos on vaping. Here is one on the volt.
Smokeless Image Volt Demonstration and CE3 Cartomizers - YouTube

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the response and video review. Do you know if these Smokeless Image Volt have a 510 or KR80 thread? Does it give a good amount of vapor? (this is important for me)

Hello, I started out with the V2 (kr808) kit and was a little on the pricier side ($75). Although the product was excellent, I wish I had learned more before buying. Right now I am vaping from a kit I bought from Happyesmoker.com . $30 bucks, eGo knockoff battery, Vision Clearomizers and Strawberry Lemonade juice which is quite tasty. The battery is passthrough wich means you can vape it while plugged into the computer or powersupply. I am very happy with it so far, but will be ordering a couple of genuine Joyetech batteries soon. The battery with clearomizer attached is rather big, but fits well in a large eyeglass case.

Bottom line: from what I have read, your best bet would be to go either eGo or 510 (although the eGo has 510 threading) just because of all the different options there are. Hope this helps.

Thank you for the reply. I don't think I would like to go with an eGo, just because I would like something the most similar to a real cigarette, I think the term is "mini"? I don't know. I think is something psychological, but I would feel better with something that looks like a cigarette AND tastes like tobacco. At least to start with this "hobby"(?). I read in a lot of sites they recommend V2 like crazy, but again, in this market I don't know when a review or suggestion is biased or not. I read that V2 gives lots of vapor, which is important for me. But I don't want to spend a lot of money either.

I started with Blu so I wont say STAY AWAY FROM BLU as some say... Is it the best..NO. Is it the cheapest...NO. For me it was the best purchase I have made since I started to vape in January since it has gotten me from a 2 pack a day for over 30 years to smoke free right now since March. I have a whole list of things I have purchased and "outgrown" or still use in both 510m and 808 carts. IMO it is best to choose one your comfortable with the size. I would only get something 510 because there is a lot more options out there to try different juice delivery systems. Best of luck to you!

Thank you. Yes, my idea is to get something similar to a real cigarette in shape and taste. At least for now. I didn't hear much about Blu Cig, but my browser is full of its ads. Which I heard about a lot is V2. I would like to buy something that I will use for a long time.

signer

Verified Member
Jul 30, 2012
North Cackalackey
Visit gotvapes.com. I would suggest the $25 Joyetech 510 starter kit in the Starter Kit section. Then go to the Cartomizer section and get 2 packs of Stallion cartomizers.

Finish it off with a long-needled syringe, a 510 drip tip, and some e-juice, and you are good to go.

You can leave the house with one cartomizer and two charged batteries, and be good until you get back home. You'll have a black mini e-cig that works as good as any eGo setup.

dejavoodoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2012
denver
It seems the Smokeless Image Volt is just the thing for you. You seem to have very specific size and appearance standards and you would be much better served by that product than any of the namebrands you have seen elsewhere.

Go to their website Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | Wholesale Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarette | Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarette and explore all around it. You will find what you want/need in a jiffy!!

Please post back, let us know how you did and be sure that you will probably have many more questions, lol !! :)

Newbie from PA

Jul 27, 2012
Warrington, Pa
Hi Nahue,...Yeah,..."what he said!"..lol
MrOutlaw has been helping me,..."alot"...(and many others here!)
I started with the VOLT,...Good choice!...I still use it right now.
I went with the Volt $45 kit.
a 78 mm (auto) batt as my second choice (they give you 2 in this kit)
2 smooth sampler packs (Cartomizers)...the smooth is tobacco,...I got 2 as I could "re-try" the flavors new again with the new unopened fresh box.
Guess if you want to give both batt styles a try,...now is the time to get one in "manual push button"
I still like the auto in the mini 65 mm batt,with the pre-filled cartomizers......Really like "really smoking"!
I've tried the other gizmos and tank style cartomizers (CE3 & Clearomizers)...The CE3s are awsome by the way,...Do It!....Do it now!,...but you'll need juice.
You'll need some juice anyway to "re-charge" your pre-filled cartomizers, and the atomizers don't last forever...(but now I got 3 packs of 5! I can fill back up!) The 5 it comes with, and the 2 more packs of samplers,...I've still been "re-juicing these!"
The hard part,...The 30 ml Juice(Smokeless Image only sells 30 ml bottles $15)...
.....What flavor?...That's the reason for the samplers, but you'll have to wait again (by then your carts will be out and dry!) for your "chosen juice to arrive"
DEFINATELY GET SOME JUICE....NOW!
Dessert Joe is about the most basic I can think of,...but,...gets a little boring and dry eventually.
Freedom had the harshest Throat Hit,...(A biggee for me) but, a nutty flavor,...some might not go for.
Actually (they are right - as what was bad is now good to me - you will get used to the stuff you said Bleeeckh to and actually like it!)...I just ordered Freedom. Right now (I'm getting into this a little?) I'm making my own juice,....When your ready, check out DIY ("Do It Yourself" company)
So...(I know, it's crazy when your new)...There's tons of help here.
Ya know,...with the 2 tank styles I've tried,....THE REGULAR CARTOMIZERS NEVER FAIL!...I always seem to pop em on again,...just need to top em off though,...hence,....GET JUICE!...Actually I ordered the Ce3 tanks,...they are comming tomorrow............................SO,...ANYWAY,.....I WOULD,...If I were you: GET EVERYTHING UNDERLINED
$45 Volt kit78 mm (second batt)....hard to say auto or manual,...maybe I should of listened and got one manual to try.
Sampler Pack of Cartomizers
Dessert Joe Juice
Volt USB batt charger Item # volt_usbbatchg $7.95 (if $ prevails,...not nessesary)(this is not the wall charger but the USB the volt screws into so you can pop it in your computer USB to charge another batt)(it's a regulator that takes the 5volts D.C. down to a a low amp)...each mini batt needs one for charging,...You already have one in the kit.
............................You'll be good to go! for a while...then order the CE3s (if not now!)...and X-2 battery...more juice!...another X-2...another Charger...a Car charger...More Jui,.....Oh never mind,...you get the idea!...Cheaper than ciggs,...and You Lungs Will Love Ya For It!

Last edited:

nahuelarg86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Minneapolis
It seems the Smokeless Image Volt is just the thing for you. You seem to have very specific size and appearance standards and you would be much better served by that product than any of the namebrands you have seen elsewhere.

Go to their website Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | Wholesale Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarette | Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarette and explore all around it. You will find what you want/need in a jiffy!!

Please post back, let us know how you did and be sure that you will probably have many more questions, lol !! :)

Hi Nahue,...Yeah,..."what he said!"..lol
MrOutlaw has been helping me,..."alot"...(and many others here!)
I started with the VOLT,...Good choice!...I still use it right now.
I went with the Volt $45 kit.
a 78 mm (auto) batt as my second choice (they give you 2 in this kit)
2 smooth sampler packs (Cartomizers)...the smooth is tobacco,...I got 2 as I could "re-try" the flavors new again with the new unopened fresh box.
Guess if you want to give both batt styles a try,...now is the time to get one in "manual push button"
I still like the auto in the mini 65 mm batt,with the pre-filled cartomizers......Really like "really smoking"!
I've tried the other gizmos and tank style cartomizers (CE3 & Clearomizers)...The CE3s are awsome by the way,...Do It!....Do it now!,...but you'll need juice.
You'll need some juice anyway to "re-charge" your pre-filled cartomizers, and the atomizers don't last forever...(but now I got 3 packs of 5! I can fill back up!) The 5 it comes with, and the 2 more packs of samplers,...I've still been "re-juicing these!"
The hard part,...The 30 ml Juice(Smokeless Image only sells 30 ml bottles $15)...
.....What flavor?...That's the reason for the samplers, but you'll have to wait again (by then your carts will be out and dry!) for your "chosen juice to arrive"
DEFINATELY GET SOME JUICE....NOW!
Dessert Joe is about the most basic I can think of,...but,...gets a little boring and dry eventually.
Freedom had the harshest Throat Hit,...(A biggee for me) but, a nutty flavor,...some might not go for.
Actually (they are right - as what was bad is now good to me - you will get used to the stuff you said Bleeeckh to and actually like it!)...I just ordered Freedom. Right now (I'm getting into this a little?) I'm making my own juice,....When your ready, check out DIY ("Do It Yourself" company)
So...(I know, it's crazy when your new)...There's tons of help here.
Ya know,...with the 2 tank styles I've tried,....THE REGULAR CARTOMIZERS NEVER FAIL!...I always seem to pop em on again,...just need to top em off though,...hence,....GET JUICE!...Actually I ordered the Ce3 tanks,...they are comming tomorrow............................SO,...ANYWAY,.....I WOULD,...If I were you: GET EVERYTHING UNDERLINED
$45 Volt kit78 mm (second batt)....hard to say auto or manual,...maybe I should of listened and got one manual to try.
Sampler Pack of Cartomizers
Dessert Joe Juice
Volt USB batt charger Item # volt_usbbatchg $7.95 (if $ prevails,...not nessesary)(this is not the wall charger but the USB the volt screws into so you can pop it in your computer USB to charge another batt)(it's a regulator that takes the 5volts D.C. down to a a low amp)...each mini batt needs one for charging,...You already have one in the kit.
............................You'll be good to go! for a while...then order the CE3s (if not now!)...and X-2 battery...more juice!...another X-2...another Charger...a Car charger...More Jui,.....Oh never mind,...you get the idea!...Cheaper than ciggs,...and You Lungs Will Love Ya For It!

Thank you both for the advice! I was reading about this Volt, and I read good things. But what about these Vapornine? They are having a 50% sale now, and that would make things REALLY cheap

dejavoodoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2012
denver
*eeeeekkkk* not so sure about that one, tho Imust admit I know nothing about it.

Here is my experience (whether you want it or not :laugh: ) When hubby and I first began we went thru two different brands of cig-a-likes at a great expense. Neither of those was even close to satisfying, but they were definately enough to show us that quitting this way was very possible.

I found this forum and we went straight to bigger (not elite or expensive) models--bigger than you want/need at this time. I only wish that we had started with the Volt (never used one) cos they seem to be sufficient for a lot of moderate/heavy smokers to quit and make it stick. Many on here have used them for months and never want or need to change out.

All of this equipment is very subject to the individual so no one can really tell you to just go out and buy a specific model. I have learned from this forum that most (not all) ppl are dissatisfied with the type of models you have looked at thus far. Having said that *KUDOS* to you for such thorough research! I know it gets overwhelming pretty quickly.

I would think about it for a bit more, hop back on the forum and see what you think.

Someone else w/knowledge of the Vapornine may hop on here and tell ya to go for it... I just don't know enough about that particular one

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
Vapornine is a good company. I used to order from him years back when he first started out. He has always done me right. I don't know about this product in particular. But I doubt he would stock anything unless it was a decent value. I actually made my first purchase of anything in over a year from him on this sale. Lavatube/super nova. $27 delivered mod only. I already have batts and chargers galore. If the OP wasn't dead set on a small PV I would suggest that kit. I'm sure it's no provari, but what is?

nahuelarg86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Minneapolis
*eeeeekkkk* not so sure about that one, tho Imust admit I know nothing about it.

Here is my experience (whether you want it or not :laugh: ) When hubby and I first began we went thru two different brands of cig-a-likes at a great expense. Neither of those was even close to satisfying, but they were definately enough to show us that quitting this way was very possible.

I found this forum and we went straight to bigger (not elite or expensive) models--bigger than you want/need at this time. I only wish that we had started with the Volt (never used one) cos they seem to be sufficient for a lot of moderate/heavy smokers to quit and make it stick. Many on here have used them for months and never want or need to change out.

All of this equipment is very subject to the individual so no one can really tell you to just go out and buy a specific model. I have learned from this forum that most (not all) ppl are dissatisfied with the type of models you have looked at thus far. Having said that *KUDOS* to you for such thorough research! I know it gets overwhelming pretty quickly.

I would think about it for a bit more, hop back on the forum and see what you think.

Someone else w/knowledge of the Vapornine may hop on here and tell ya to go for it... I just don't know enough about that particular one

Vapornine is a good company. I used to order from him years back when he first started out. He has always done me right. I don't know about this product in particular. But I doubt he would stock anything unless it was a decent value. I actually made my first purchase of anything in over a year from him on this sale. Lavatube/super nova. $27 delivered mod only. I already have batts and chargers galore. If the OP wasn't dead set on a small PV I would suggest that kit. I'm sure it's no provari, but what is?

Thanks both. The kit I was looking at Vapornine is this one:

E-Cigarette | Buy E-Cigarettes | Buy Electronic Cigarettes - Vapornine.com

nebula.jpg

I just want to say that I'm asking for this vapornine just because for a kit with 2 78mm batteries, 5 cartomizers(?), USB charger and Wall charger, with discount would be like $23. Compared to the Volt that is $45, I save some money. But like I said, I liked the fact that it's on sale now. Not because I'm being stubborn :)
And yes, I would prefer something small like a cigarette, I'm sorry but if I see it like that I can trick my mind.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Wow 86...you are going to be inundated with replies. Good for you though to take the time and learn about this new, exciting world of vaping. I can't possibly answer all your questions. But let me leave you with this. A Joyetech 510 is an excellent starter kit. Go to zeecigs.com to get this kit. But additionally, there are a ton of videos that are meant to be seen in succession that will answer many of your questions and you can watch them at your leisure (just click on the video section). E-cigs are a lot more than pulling it out of a package and being a pro at it. It's a process. And not only is it fun, but well worth it in terms of improving your health and saving lots of loot. Good luck to you friend. ED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread