Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Hi all........we still have a whole lot of these wristbands left......and we do understand that our timing was off......although there was no way we could have forseen the scope of the disasters to follow here in the USA. And we understand that right now money is tight....and if people are going to donate to a charity.....well lets face it....chartity starts at home. So I think I found a solution.....

"American troops are on a relief mission after the earthquake and devastating tsunami on March 11, 2011. Roughly 20,000 U.S. troops have been mobilized in "Operation Tomodachi," or "friend." It is the biggest bilateral humanitarian mission the U.S. has ever conducted in Japan, its most important ally in Asia, and it is ramping up fast. U.S. troops have been moving farther into hard-hit zones and providing tons of relief supplies and badly needed manpower to help the hundreds of thousands of Japanese whose lives were shattered in the disaster.Our troops are working 24/7 and are in areas with bad conditions and away from home. They're working on humanitarian relief missions and need our support."

So from now until they are gone.....all the money collected from the sale of these bands will be donated to Give2theTroops

troopshelpinginJapan2.jpg

Japanesewomanindestruction.jpg

japan_us_soldiers_navy.jpg

Feel free to help these folks directly as well. It just so happens that the SmokeStik warehouse is in North Carolina where the Give2theTroops collection center is....so we are also working on a way to donate SmokeStiks directly to them. I know times are tough for all of us.....but really....does it get any worse than that photo #2 above???? Just think of what could be accomplished if GreenSmoke and Blu donated the money they spent on Nascars.....just sayin' :facepalm:

"A decade ago, a sponsorship of between $3 and $5 million put a team pretty much at the front of the line. But as costs continued to escalate, teams kept going back to their sponsors, begging for more. Now, a good sponsorship easily costs between $10 and $15 million."

Hi all

Just wanted to let you know that we have been working on this since the day after the Tsunami/Earthquake. Unfortunately there was a little snafu with the manufacturer of the wristbands so we are having them reprinted. Look for them sometime late next week.

ALL the proceeds.....that includes our cost of having them manufactured,printed and shipped to us will be donated to the Red Cross for them to use as they see fit towards relief efforts for Japan.

These will be very pretty.....a nice mild green with blue printing that says "Tsunami Relief / SmokeStik".

The cost will be $5 each and every penny goes to the Red Cross. You may purchase them with a SmokeStik order or alone. If you buy them alone we will ship them 1st class to keep the shipping cost to a minimum. If you add them to an order you will NOT be charged extra shipping.

Folks....these people have been devistated....and they will need help for years to come. Even if you don't use a SmokeStik....consider supporting us in our efforts to help the Japanese people and their animal companions.

japan-tsunami-relief-992x432.jpg

425.japan.dog.lr.031511.jpg

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
This is something I received from a friend.....it's absolutely stunning....and not in a good way......but they say a picture is worth 1000 words and this proves it. No words could describe it....

ABC News - Japan Earthquake: before and after

you do not have to click your mouse......just mouse over the photos to see the before and after.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Hey everyone.....they are here!!!!!

Now I know it's maybe a little late....especially with what is now happening here in the USA with tornadoes,fires, etc. But...that is why we picked the Red Cross.....all....meaning 100% of the price of these will go directly to the US Red Cross.....they will use the money where the need is greatest.

Hey LK .... missed you!

Have a question.... I know the discount does not apply to the bracelets but when I place an order with the discounts will I be able to add the bracelet to that same order (obviously without the discount)?

My daughter & I were watching a show last night about this and she said to me that she wishes that she could do something or make a donation... so I told her about what SS is doing and said I would order the bracelet. That made her very happy. My daughter is only 10 years old and I was happily surprised when she said on her own accord that she wanted to do something.

bigblue30

ECF Veteran
Hey LK .... missed you!

Have a question.... I know the discount does not apply to the bracelets but when I place an order with the discounts will I be able to add the bracelet to that same order (obviously without the discount)?

My daughter & I were watching a show last night about this and she said to me that she wishes that she could do something or make a donation... so I told her about what SS is doing and said I would order the bracelet. That made her very happy. My daughter is only 10 years old and I was happily surprised when she said on her own accord that she wanted to do something.

RR, when you click on LK's signature it will take you to the ECF discount.... Pick what you want and then "continue shopping" and you'll see the bracelet as the first item in the products list... Continue to check out and you'll be all good.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
oops....so much for the new avatar for the kids.....LOL

hey peeps....buy these things will ya please? REALLY...we are making NO money off these. And we understand....our timing was a little off....but we were really trying to do a good thing......since the Japan quakes there have been terrible disasters here in the USA. But that is the beauty of the US Red Cross.....all the money we take in for these wrist bands goes to the US Red Cross.....these folks will use the money where it is needed most at the time. And right now....that is here in the USA. Tornadoes....floods....wildfires.....a whole lot of suffering.

You don't have to buy anything else.....you don't have to use a SmokeStik....but we would really like to cut a nice check to the Red Cross soon....and we need your help. If you don't want to buy one.....at least spread the word. Thanks !!!!!!

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
oops....so much for the new avatar for the kids.....LOL

hey peeps....buy these things will ya please? REALLY...we are making NO money off these. And we understand....our timing was a little off....but we were really trying to do a good thing......since the Japan quakes there have been terrible disasters here in the USA. But that is the beauty of the US Red Cross.....all the money we take in for these wrist bands goes to the US Red Cross.....these folks will use the money where it is needed most at the time. And right now....that is here in the USA. Tornadoes....floods....wildfires.....a whole lot of suffering.

You don't have to buy anything else.....you don't have to use a SmokeStik....but we would really like to cut a nice check to the Red Cross soon....and we need your help. If you don't want to buy one.....at least spread the word. Thanks !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread