High end RTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
100% @Sed8op8! People get a bit salty when they see my collection of Dvarw's but I have been collecting them for over a year now... and as you say back in the old days you could get as many as you wanted. I think the bottom fill and slightly old fashioned look put people off... I have tested nearly every single coil RTA known to man and the Dvarw (for my style of vaping) just wins! Juice capacity, Flavour, ease of refill and the ability to handle my Tower drip tips from Siam Mods just makes it unbeatable for me.

I bought the Kayfun 2019 because it looked so good but it's an MTL vape through and through and DL is my game. Gave it away to a mate who helped me out.

I have the GTIV which is a nice RTA and has stayed in my collection.
Ka v8 I have but don't really use.
Reaper V2 and V3 I have and the V3 is very nice. The V2 had awesome flavour but leaked on refill for me!
The Flash e Vapor v4.5 was too tight an airflow for me and I sold it.
The Skyline needs a special mention because it has fantastic flavour and I have 3 of them but the small juice capacity and hassle on refilling just kills it for me.
Special mention needs to be made of the Vapor Giant V4. They were my staple vape before I discovered the Dvarw.
Also, the Kayfun 5² is pretty good as well.
I have a Vapor Giant V6 inbound... the V5 seemed to have too much airflow.
I have a The Tank V4 on preorder and it's so far out of my comfort zone but they are so hard to get they must be worth trying! :)
View attachment 806719
I only have the Dvarw DL clone & I love it!

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Could say I am quite a Kayfun prime fan :D

20190310_101615.jpg

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
    Jan 6, 2016
    Just one question: is there any site I can buy original SvoëMestos and receive it here in Brazil? Need to be trustworthy, too. Would love to buy a KayFun V5, for example, but simply can’t find it anywhere...

Enviado do meu iPad usando Tapatalk
    I Have a VG v6s in route should have it in the next few days if my post doesn't screw me over. Keep it sexy in South Africa my friend

Robfisher

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 21, 2014
    Durban, South Africa
    www.ecigssa.co.za
    I Have a VG v6s in route should have it in the next few days if my post doesn't screw me over. Keep it sexy in South Africa my friend

Will do! My VG V6s should arrive on Tuesday after the Easter weekend! Bazinga!

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
    UK
    Okay since many of you good folks have quite a diverse collection of high end shiny stuff I'd like to ask some questions.

Which RTA do you feel offers the most consistently high standard of flavour amongst the widest variety of juices which you vape?

Are than any older RTA's in your collection that you still find yourselves going back to on occasion?

Lastly is there any high end RTA that was a huge disappointment to you? (For whatever reason)

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
    Jan 6, 2016
    Okay since many of you good folks have quite a diverse collection of high end shiny stuff I'd like to ask some questions.

Which RTA do you feel offers the most consistently high standard of flavour amongst the widest variety of juices which you vape?

Are than any older RTA's in your collection that you still find yourselves going back to on occasion?

Lastly is there any high end RTA that was a huge disappointment to you? (For whatever reason)
    The Dvarw Mtl rta is kind a gold standard for me. It does not have any fancy bells and whistles and uses kind of an antiquated deck setup but the flavor cannot be argued with. It is hands down my every day carry rta and cannot recommend it enough and I say that for both mtl and restricted direct lung vaping it does both equally well and is by no means strictly a mtl rta.

Some other really good rtas Esg Skyline, Reaper v3, taifun gt3/gt4 , flash e vapor v4.5 etc

Older rtas I find myself reaching for quite a lot. The kayfun v3.1 mini, kayfun lite plus v2 and some and the ones I mentioned above are some of my faves

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
    UK
    The Dvarw Mtl rta is kind a gold standard for me. It does not have any fancy bells and whistles and uses kind of an antiquated deck setup but the flavor cannot be argued with. It is hands down my every day carry rta and cannot recommend it enough and I say that for both mtl and restricted direct lung vaping it does both equally well and is by no means strictly a mtl rta.

Some other really good rtas Esg Skyline, Reaper v3, taifun gt3/gt4 , flash e vapor v4.5 etc

Older rtas I find myself reaching for quite a lot. The kayfun v3.1 mini, kayfun lite plus v2 and some and the ones I mentioned above are some of my faves

Your list is very interesting. I do have some of the RTA's you mentioned. The Dvarw is problematic for me since I don't like playing the lottery to get atomizers. If only I'd noticed it before it became popular. My days of secret facebook groups and F5 wars days are long over, so I've had to settle for the alternative cheap option because I still want to get a loose idea of how it vapes. Skyline was too expensive so I was never in danger of getting that and the Hussar I could never make my mind up about.

I actually still use my KFL V2+ a lot and while it might be heresy to some I prefer it to the Prime, there's just something about that draw, the simplicity of the construction and the way it vapes. Kayfun 5 is adequate if I want more restricted lung to DL but lacks in flavour but compensates with capacity. Squape RS is another favourite of mine for fruity or soda pop vapes but also my Phenomenon Lite still excels too especially with apple or coconut. Promety V2 for one particular apricot vape I enjoy. GT III for tobacco in most cases. The Reaper V3 has been excellent, a recent purchase but one of my happiest ones along with my GP Heron 1.5.

Rose3 I wish I'd never bought. On the other hand the Rose V2 is excellent but an absolute pain to build.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

CasketWeaver

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2014
    Decatur, IL 62521

Between all the Kayfuns and the the Taifuns in my life? I'd have to give it to the Taifun for ease of use, but the Kayfun's for flavor. Never messed with a Dvarw, so I don't know.

As for RTA's I keep going back to? Sure. Maybe not considered "High End", but I do find myself picking up my Petri RTA every so often. I do venture down memory lane a lot and fire up my old KFL+, KFP, and KF5. If I could find a reliable retailer for all things genesis, I would probably go back to the original Genesis RTA's - mesh wick and all.

As for "high end", yeah - I sold it. Biggest damn mistake I made. I had a Z-Atty Pro and I sold it, like an idiot.

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
    UK
    Between all the Kayfuns and the the Taifuns in my life? I'd have to give it to the Taifun for ease of use, but the Kayfun's for flavor. Never messed with a Dvarw, so I don't know.

As for RTA's I keep going back to? Sure. Maybe not considered "High End", but I do find myself picking up my Petri RTA every so often. I do venture down memory lane a lot and fire up my old KFL+, KFP, and KF5. If I could find a reliable retailer for all things genesis, I would probably go back to the original Genesis RTA's - mesh wick and all.

As for "high end", yeah - I sold it. Biggest damn mistake I made. I had a Z-Atty Pro and I sold it, like an idiot.

I could only get the non-authentic GT II when I first got into vaping. The originals became unicorns in these parts. I struggled with it for a while but when I got it right it was stellar for tobacco and custards. GT III was an instant buy for me but definitely had to get the MTL reducer.

I think the Petri was high end. Not in the same price bracket but kind of like affordable RDA's such as the CSMNT and the Goon.

I just had to look up the Z-Atty Pro because I've never heard of it. Looks like some sort of genesis style atty for Provari's and costs $140 but currently on sale for $80. I never had the patience for mesh. Tried it once with a Sat22, just ended in frustration.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2014
    Decatur, IL 62521
    I could only get the non-authentic GT II when I first got into vaping. The originals became unicorns in these parts. I struggled with it for a while but when I got it right it was stellar for tobacco and custards. GT III was an instant buy for me but definitely had to get the MTL reducer.

I think the Petri was high end. Not in the same price bracket but kind of like affordable RDA's such as the CSMNT and the Goon.

I just had to look up the Z-Atty Pro because I've never heard of it. Looks like some sort of genesis style atty for Provari's and costs $140 but currently on sale for $80. I never had the patience for mesh. Tried it once with a Sat22, just ended in frustration.

Yeah, if I had the opportunity to get both a Z-Atty Pro and a Provari again.

• Agree
    Reactions: Vape Muppet

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
    UK
    Yeah, if I had the opportunity to get both a Z-Atty Pro and a Provari again.

I know that feeling all too well. I should have bought at least four GP Heron 1.5's when I had the chance before they rolled out the V2. Also should have bought plenty of Tilemahos V2 spare parts. Always the same with this stuff, you never know what will suddenly vanish one day.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2014
    Decatur, IL 62521
    I know that feeling all too well. I should have bought at least four GP Heron 1.5's when I had the chance before they rolled out the V2. Also should have bought plenty of Tilemahos V2 spare parts. Always the same with this stuff, you never know what will suddenly vanish one day.
    Yeah, there are only a few Genesis left out there, but the tanks are plastic. And I don't like plastic. I use a lot of citrus (which breaks plastic), a lot of mints (which breaks plastic, and a lot of cinnamons (which breaks plastic). I have looked at a few of them.

As for Mesh, I never had issues with mesh. I used mesh on regulated mods and mechanical mods. No issues. I will agree though, it can be tempermental. I did buy a few clones, but again, plastic tanks. After a few weeks, it clouded up and shattered.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Older rtas that I still go back to would be the Hurricane 1.3 and the Taifun GT 2. Newer rtas, I absolutely love the Hussar X but the price is silly. Yet, I don’t regret buying it. Love the new kayfun lites too.
    Disappointments: Squape x dream, taifun gt 4, that thing by green raccoon, hurricane v2....it’s proving to be too long of a list. I can’t stop doing the math in my head so, I quit this game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread