How are you preparing for Vaping Armageddon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bramble

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Utah
Well hell, maybe them nicotine patches will come in handy for something after all—once the nic in the freezer runs out. :lol:

Ingenius inmates basically were soaking off the nicotine and placing it onto orange peels, rubber soles, whatever materials they could find to soak it into, and then rolling it into things such as Bible paper," AUPE Health and Safety representative Dennis Malayko told CTV Edmonton.

Read more: Nicotine patches banned in jails | CTV News

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
Worse case in that they made it impossible to get my nicotine, I would use what nic I had left and gradually wean myself off. I would probably then still vape just use DIY minus the nic.

I am more concerned about an EMP knowing without electricity I only have enough batteries to last me about a week. But, same as with the nic. If forced I will slowly (hopefully painlessly) wean myself off.

Nat Geo needs to have a Doomsday Prepper episode featuring a vaper.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
That's not an opinion good sir. What you wrote is fact! Your government is nothing more than a mafia shakedown artist. That's the most accurate way to put it.

Thats exactly right.

Also - where does everyone get the idea that our government wishes to save lives. That just makes me laugh.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
I'm envisioning hordes of vape zombies wandering the land in search of juice.....Therefore I might stock up on ammo to protect my stockpile. Darn, ammo is sold out at my local B&M. Hmmmmmm

Thats because your government has been buying up most of the ammo for quite awhile now.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I am more concerned about an EMP knowing without electricity I only have enough batteries to last me about a week. But, same as with the nic. If forced I will slowly (hopefully painlessly) wean myself off.

Nat Geo needs to have a Doomsday Prepper episode featuring a vaper.

I hear ya jnnfrlsw. If it gets to that point, remember that a battery is not required to make vapor. All we need is heat. Light a small tea candle and place it under a small container of juice. The juice will heat up and evaporate and we can inhale that.

I know it's not ideal, but it is nic that we can inhale and if we need to do it this way, well, so be it. It's better than smoking.

BTW, this is not my idea. Raidy thought of it first and it stuck with me ;)

Last edited:

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
Come and get me! I will be sitting on my couch waiting! :laugh:
bowroom1.JPG

WOW... just WOW...!

All I have is a 26 pound Geologic Initech II bow... :blush:

(And yet, I would gladly put it to good use in that 'Medieval fair' we were talking about earlier... )

:evil:

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
Their insane methods may regulate not taking into consideration nicotine. One never knows how they will try to extract money from vaping. Regulate devices? Liquid in general? PG/VG? Take a look at some proposed or enacted laws in some states. They all point to one thing. TAX TAX TAX!

Well, you could still be considered lucky... in the European Comission, they're all pointing to one thing: BAN BAN BAN... :(

wildxcard

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2014
Massachusetts
I wish the government would let me be free to do what I like... I'm in the process of trying to select some flavors from TFA and will be diy juice before the end of the month.

Oh you are from taxachusetts? if vapocalypse happens and things go down, expect me to come looking for you for some juice. ;)

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
I'd like to say some more about this:

Until very recently I was an innocent. You guys may have read my posts where I say that now I have found the holy-grail I can relax, I'm not faced with the fear of cessation leading me to nrt, and then the fear of that product's timescales leading me to go too fast, and blow it, and go back to smoking. I've been round this cycle more than a few times.

Before I found this forum, and started reading here and other places, I wouldn't have believed that someone would create a cure for cancer, only for people with financial interests to lobby to ban it. I wouldn't have believed that evidence from research would be tampered with, and then used by the EU government to back the case for over regulation – the open letters from scientists incandescent with rage prove me wrong though.

It's clear to me now that this sort of Orwellian, conspiracy theory stuff is not only the stuff of strange books and films; it is our reality! There is indeed a push to devalue the 'e-cig' (yeah I've gone off that term too) to the point where it becomes unattractive to the still smoker, meaning that big pharma and tobacco get to keep their billions of income at the sake of our health.

They want to chip away from it all: less shops, less liquid producers, no tasting in shops (public smoking), no mail order, no internet order, higher prices, only devices that don't work very well, no flavours (only tobacco so you don't go too far), not enough nicotine to work... I've prob left loads of target points that the money men are aiming at out, but you get the idea: Lobby government to devalue e-cigarettes to the point where it becomes unattractive to the still smoker.

So the Chinese guy has a good idea, and not big business, that idea is improved upon by modders and tinkerers, it's sold, evolved, improved.... the little folks invent their own cure for cancer, and it is suppressed and devalued.

This is all old news to a lot of you, but you'll excuse my torrent of words I'm sure; I only just realised this was a reality.

Last night I did the write to my MP (Member of Parliament) thing. And all MEPs too (M of European P). Good letters they were, and not simply angry rants. I believe you guys would have been proud of my letters. Will it help...I doubt it.

So, I've concluded something. I have a clean driving licence you know, I've never been arrested, or anything like that. My old mum taught me that if I pass a lady on the pavement it should be me that walks nearest the road, and I still do that ;) But you know what; I think that in this situation I have a right to protect my own life, and therefore they can poke their laws where the sun don't shine. I'm going to hoard, if I need to I'll use the black market, I'll smuggle past the UK borders...I've decided that it's appropriate for me to do whatever is necessary.

I'm advocating civil disobedience on all levels for this. I'll be polite to the innocents, and not blow vape in their faces, but everything else is on the table here as far as I'm concerned.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

From the moment these ...... start tampering with our health and our lives, keeping us from making an informed, adult, and intelligent choice, NOT because of 'health concerns' (They did not keep me from SMOKING before - they let me make my own STUPID choices), but because they find it much more difficult to put their little, stubby fingers in our pockets, civil disobedience is not only what they deserve... it is, in fact, OUR RIGHT... we have the right of self-preservation.

JenLK

Jan 25, 2014
Bethesda, MD, USA
Have you read this Washington Post article?

It even suggests that 'promoting electronic cigarettes to smokers should be a public health priority' and that 'We should make e-cigarettes accessible to smokers by eschewing hefty taxes, if we tax them at all, and offering free samples and starter kits'.

Times are a-changing. The tide is turning.

All that being said, I'm still stocked up on nicotine and intend to continue stocking up on supplies as I can. I'm also learning to wrap my own coils. Better safe than sorry.

Vaping has saved my life. I refuse to allow even the slightest risk of it being interfered with. But, that's me. I'm a natural hoarder.
Wow, thanks for the link! Very interesting article. You might be interested in reading this study from Drexel University.
http://publichealth.drexel.edu/~/media/files/publichealth/ms08.pdf
An extract from the abstract:

The calculations reveal that there was no evidence of potential for exposures of
e-cigarette users to contaminants that are associated with risk to health at a level that would warrant attention if it were an involuntary workplace exposures by approaching half of
TLV [threshold limit value]

In summary,an analysis of current state of knowledge about chemistry of liquids and aerosols associated with electronic cigarettes indicates that there is no evidence that vaping produces inhalable exposures to contaminants of the aerosol that would warrant health concerns by the standards that are used to ensure safety of workplaces.

It's funny that the woman who sent me to the link to support her misguided views that vaping is detrimental to others had not even bothered to read the article. :laugh: I have since shared it with a number of other people.

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
Realistically if nic became unavailable I would DIY 0 nic juice and slap a patch on to handle the nic needs. Where there is a will there is a way.

I have a few thousand tobacco seeds at my disposal too, so I'm sure doing a bit of DIY extraction isn't exactly going to be a real difficult thing. I plan to shell out a bit of green on one of these http://www.tamisiumextractors.com/index.php/te-175-2-ounce/te-175-super-deluxe-pkg to do the job.

With the cost of that device I could buy up enough nic to last a lifetime, easily ... but if it came down to having the ability to sell off nic I don't need any more because I can create my own, well I'm sure it would be easy to do, and I would.

I just want to go up on the hill and do my thing, let others do their thing, and be happy.

While I'm here I'd like to take a moment and send a great big 'you're welcome' out to BT for all the money they have of mine, seeing as they will get no more. (Thanks for nothing)

Maurice

FourWinds

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2014
UK
I'm going to start reading up on the long term storage of things myself, and do some research about vendors in the uk. I'll need to satisfy myself that PG, VG and flavourings will still be readily available over here, just as you guys seem to think they'll be easy to get hold of over there.

The shops I'm speaking to over here suggest that I don't stress about it, and that they'll (government, UK and EU) never do it. I'm not so sure right now.

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
By doing what exactly? Sending an out-of-state business a strongly worded letter that they're violating a Utah law? :laugh:

By doing what former Mayor Bloomberg did in New York. File suit in New York against out-of-state firearms dealers - even those who had done nothing illegal, but were singled out by Bloomberg only because of to their high-profile businesses. The cases did not have merit, nor did there need be merit...... only the Bloomberg money. Ray is no different.

Senile Old Man Don

Bramble

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Utah
I'm up for smuggling pre-ban ejuice into Utah...we can make it a even trade juice for ammo. Ignorance is our opponents greates weapon, it's no weather you are right or wrong it's how many people you can convince that you are right.

Well that is clearly the principle that the politicians are using. Spread the lies, build the cult...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread