How did you stop smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokeless

Sep 13, 2013
LA, CA
My stroke, I was told was caused by stress as all my labs were good aside from a borderline bad cholesterol....x-ray, lungs clear mri, ct scan both good. My doctor said it is best I stopped smoking and last month I told him I started vaping. His reaction...."what is that?" I did a vague explanation and I am sure he did his research that last week he said I am doing good. I want him to say...I am doing better.

Hi all I'm new here but I'd like to say a massive well done to everyone for breaking free from the analogs, I tried quitting smoking around 4 times now using a mixture of inhalators, gums, tablets managed breaking free from the smokes for 3 months but felt very depressed, stressed, a massive feeling of being lonely I ended up smoking again!! I then decided I'd try partake in stoptober using the e cig and guess what I'm finding it a massive success although I did find that when one of my batteries were charging I reached for an analog which tasted absolutely disgusting!! This I find very good as this encourages me not to look back ( my hubby still smokes analog but that is his decision) so I bought another battery now I alwYs have a fully charged battery and don't need to worry :)

What I do find though is some days I feel I need to vape more some days than others, does anyone else find this?

Thanks xxxx

nmackan

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Turkiye
I never wanted to quit. I loved smoking had a sixth finger. some collague described me as "cigarettes, a cup of tea and computers". I have to go back ages before I was a good sportsman (Despite cigarettes) Going fishing, rowing, swimming all that. I used to be a fast pace walker my friends called me during a walk "you go ahead we will get a cab see you there" So with 40 + years of smoking rolling cigarettes, marriage, kids, age I began to be breathless during a walk. So I had to do something about this situation (without quitting cigarettes of course) somebody had told me a device in China how it was like smoking and so on but I would never betray my dear evil friend so I looked internet about e-cigs. The results were good so I decided I should try it. When I was in my tobacco dealers shop I asked him abot e-cigs he told me he had and showed me ego type clone of clone and sold me one $35 bucks with a bottle of juice and a spare battery and charging apparatus. Knowing nothing about it I came home neglecting smoking the cigarettes I prepared for this trip becase of the trying there to find right nic amount. well clearo went wrong I went there he changed etc. I had a spare juice bigger bottle but cheaper. at the end of my first juice (Believe me I dont know what it was) I tried this cheap one. It was not enough (still knowing nothing about them) I smoked a cigarette, and after that another. But the taste was very wrong smoking them looked like licking an ash tray. So involuntarily I went a nearby store to get a very expensive juice but 18mg/ml it solved the problem. Meanwhile I was surfing internet too so I found turkish e-cig forum. It was a big change. Because they had a selling part under the guarantee of forum.

Hey I had intended to go on smoking especially in the mornings and after that I should vape. But I sold all ceremonies with cigarettes to vaping. I havent had a cigarette since than and dont intend to because it is stinky indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread