Status
Not open for further replies.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
We're all different so try to stop comparing your own progress with other's you've read about. You're doing great at your own pace ! You've eliminated three quarters of the analogs you've smoked every day for 30+ years and that deserves congrats !

I bought my Joye 510 as an alternative to use at times it would be more convenient. "If" I entirely stopped smoking analogs that would a bonus but I wasn't giving myself that pressured feeling that I "had to" give up all analogs. The day it arrived I took advise I'd been given to attempt to only use the e-cig and no analogs for the first few hours to give myself time to get use to it. So that's what I did for 4 hours. When I lit that analog at the 4 hr mark I was really surprised by my dislike of the taste of the analog. I'd also been given the advise to not order tobacco flavored juice to begin with but entirely different flavors. Seemed odd to me, but I took that advise and glad that I did and I've stuck with only non-tobacco flavored juices to help make it a different experience from tobacco flavors. I was also advised to start with the 20 mg juice which I did and for me that was the right amount, but everyone's need is going to be different. If I really wanted an analog in that first week I had one and didn't get upset or stressed out because I made that choice. For me, the analog simply didn't taste good anymore so even if I lit one I didn't finish it before I put it out. You might want to try that too. Light an analog if you want, but don't feel you have to finish it if its not tasting so great to you. 26 days later I'm analog free by choice :) Don't get me wrong, as every once in a while I still feel the urge to have an analog but I vape and the feeling passes. Now I'm working on reducing that 20 mg to 10 mg. Right now I'm finding that while 10 mg would appear to be fine I vape twice as much as I do if I'm using the 20 mg. I'm not concerned as I figure I'm simply not yet ready to convert down to the 10 mg all the time but I'll keep working on it a little at a time.

Don't give up! It doesn't matter if it takes you one week or one month or 2 months or even 3 months or more to become analog free if that's your goal as you've already come a LONG way toward reaching your own goal and you'll get there one of these days if you keep working towards it !!!

Last edited:

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I stopped smoking analogs daily on my third day of vaping. It's been almost 3 months for me now.

I still have one here and there when I'm out partying and drunkenly think it would be a good idea. It only serves to remind me is that I prefer vaping so much more.

Don't sweat it though. It's obvious you want to stop analogs. Vaping will help you get there when you're ready.

Zapp and Roger

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
www.myspace.com
I am hoping. Most samples though are at 24-26 mg. I got those to start because I did not want to invest in a flavor I didn't like. I have tried menthol from Blu and cignot and both taste like toothpaste/dental floss to me, not menthol as I know it anyway, so even though I was a menthol smoker, I will not be ordering any menthol and am glad I did not invest money in either menthol try. (Blu sent 5 menthol cartridges with my kit and I got a free menthol sample bottle with my 510 kit from cignot).

Figured I would order 30mg in a larger size if I like any flavors I get tonight.

I do like the 510 model a lot and I am hoping it will help me get the results I want. Just seems to be taking me longer than most.

If I can make a suggestion, I tried a lot of menthol juices, and 99% of them had exactly...a Colgate aftertaste *YUCK* I wanted a menthol that did not have a minty aftertaste. One of the only ones I tried that I reordered and loved was from www.ivape.net - Personal Vaporizers, Electronic Cigarettes, E-Cigarettes, and Accessories. Joe's menthol is crisp, tastes very clean and has NO minty aftertaste. That was a huge find for me. You wouldn't go wrong trying his Blackberry lemonade either ;) LOL It's my new all day vape and ask anyone in ECF chat, Zapp is known for hating 99% of the juices he tries :D That should help you until you become interested in DiY juices, that is my primary vape now. Homemade menthol is cheap and easy, menthol crystals can be had for CHEAP on ebay, 4 ounces for around 8 bucks shipped will last a long, long time. Others will chime in and say get drops from certain sites but honestly, you can make a 10ml batch of drops with 1/1000 of the supply you can get from an ebay purchase and 10 ml of PG :) I'm cheap, so sue me :D GL and remember that we are not all alike, and you will move on from analogs in your own time :) As someone said don't think that you need to keep up with others, there is no bar set anywhere for success/failure!

bluebelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2010
Rochester New York
Thank you everyone for the support. I will look into that menthol, it would be nice to find something that was not so "dental." Not sure I am quite ready to mix my own being a newbie, but research for the future is always a good thing. I didn't think I would be filling my own cartridges either when I started, so live and learn.

I got my first juice orders last night, and while I could not try all the flavors, I did try some. I was so surprised, guess I expected the tatstes not to be so sweet and tasty for lack of a better word. . Wow in a word. Didn't think I would like them so, since I never liked "flavored" cigarettes or tobacco other than menthol. One of the tobacco ones I ordered too is good too, a nice flavor.

I was chain vaping for a quite a while. Kept an anxious eye on those batteries.

A couple of flavors I tried I going to let sit a couple of days since I have read here that fresh mixed ones sometimes need to "set" for the flavor to come out.

And yes..a smoke free evening (my first) although I was tempted before going to bed, it was a temptation I could resist for once but it was close even after all that vaping. Next orders will be higher nicotine than samplers allow for the flavors I like so far and a few more samplers from the sites I ordered from and from different sites too I have read about here. Good thing Friday is payday.

So far this morning, I did have one analog but am now currently back to the sweetness of my order. I can see the morning analog or two is going to be difficult to get rid of, but so far I have eliminated that second one.

DeannaG

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Southern Maryland
Hi Bluebell! Congrats on your decision to go for a healthier lifestyle! You're doing great...even one less cigarette a days is a move in a positive direction, so you're doing fantastic!

I started vaping with the hopes that I could just cut down my smoking (1 PAD for 20+ years). After two weeks of vaping, I discovered that my cigarettes were tasting really nasty and I couldn't finish one when I lit it. One day out of the blue, I just decided that when I smoked the last cig in my pack that I was going to try to be done with analogs all together. It has worked for me, but I still keep the "just in case" fresh pack of cigs in my purse with me at all times. I assume I'll eventually get rid of it, but for right now it's like a security blanket. My other security blanket is ECF...this site is like "smokers anonomymous" for me...I get inspiration to stay off analogs every time I'm here (and I'm here a lot), as well as information on how to make my vaping experience more enjoyable and effective.

Keep at it, and don't beat yourself up over it. This is your own, very personal journey. You didn't smart a smoking habit in one day...it might take more than one day for you to break it. However you get there is fine, as long as you make choices you're comfortable with.

Nothing Norml

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2010
Dundalk, Maryland, USA
Honestly i puff the occasional analog sometimes (mostly when ....faced hammered) but even cuting back half of your traditional smoking is better than not at all!! i never buy cigarettes and have smoked maybe a packs worth since i began vaping months ago. Hang in there to make the full switch or at least keep that analog count down!!

Happy Vaping!!

NN

cjf1961

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2010
Oswego, New York
Hang in there bluebelle, I started with a not so good model last November and then got another not so good model. And didn't know that it could get any better than what I had, but it did get me to slow the analogs down to just a few a day. I was a pack and a half or more smoker for 33 years and then I happened upon this website. Bought my first 510 late December and in January made the upgrade to an ego and at the end of January I didn't buy another pack of smokes. Didn't plan it that way, never wanted to quit and I still don't, but it's been 8 months analog free for me and while I've not had a slip up since that point, I do occasionally think about it, how would it be, but then I get a whiff of one and it totally turns me off to them. Also I agree with those that say stay away from the tobacco flavors at first. I really think it's what allowed me to make the final switch from analogs to vaping much easier and without me really knowing that I had done. Just all of a sudden realized that I hadn't lit one in well over a week and here we are. It's a learning curve, but you have come here to this site pretty early on in your quest and keep coming. These people are great and there's plenty of information and encouragement to be had. Don't be afraid to ask any question, the only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked. I do my own juices now 98% of the time, some flavors are a little tougher than others to mix. But I have what I like and it's working well for me and I really begun to save the big bucks. Yeah I spend money on equipment, but that's about all I do now. If I could back that off then I really would be savings bundles. Good luck and don't pressure yourself. A few a day is a huge step, enjoy your experience and when you go 100% vaping you probably won't even realize that you did.

Last edited:

Zapp and Roger

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
www.myspace.com
So far this morning, I did have one analog but am now currently back to the sweetness of my order. I can see the morning analog or two is going to be difficult to get rid of, but so far I have eliminated that second one.

OMG this, a thousand times this. And after eating a really filling meal. Oh I could just feel that knife twisting I craved a Newport so badly. That still does hit me once in awhile, but I have more control over that impulse because I know it is a psychosomatic reaction. I know already that vaping my perfect PV juice combination is way better than smoking ever was, and make no mistake. I loved to smoke, but wanted to quit and knew that I could not because I loved smoking so much.

Last edited:

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
And yes..a smoke free evening (my first) although I was tempted before going to bed, it was a temptation I could resist for once but it was close even after all that vaping. Next orders will be higher nicotine than samplers allow for the flavors I like so far and a few more samplers from the sites I ordered from and from different sites too I have read about here. Good thing Friday is payday.

YEAH!! A smoke free evening ! Congrats ! Just remember that IF you do have one this evening its not the end of the world ! My 3 worst times that first week were an hour after I got up in the morning, mid afternoon, and later evening. I just reminded myself that IF I did have one it really wasn't a big deal and without even thinking about it those times disappeared. Keep us updated on how you are doing.

bluebelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2010
Rochester New York
Having some juices is I think making a difference so far now 24 hours into my first orders. Have smoked only (and I know one is too many but..) 3 in 24 hours (down from the 5-7 so far- only one day but still). Last one I smoked half and then another half during breaks at work and that last half was at 11 this morning, 10 hours ago. Did immediate vape afterwards and did remind myself how much tastier and lighter it feels. Also have been trying to remind myself how my coughing is going away. Has been bad since I cut down with vaping, which is to be expected, but now is getting better.

Not satisfied with all my flavors, but part of the fun is finding new ones and trying new websites.

I did find something out interesting, and maybe helpful to others starting out like me. I had been stuck on rounded tipped cartridges because they mimick analogs and the other tip seemed..well more cigar like and masculine. I ordered some new cartridges with my juices and I got the "whistle " tip ones instead of the rounded ones, I must have ordered blonde-ly as usual, but giving them a try, I find I get a much, much better and easier draw out of the 510. Now I think this is the only type of cartridge tip I want to use.

Etch

Aug 29, 2010
Vancouver
Often times this site is an advertisers wet dream. "i quit overnight", "i havent had a cigarette since i got my _____". Its incredible to hear some of the stories people have had and more then that - very inspiring. On the other hand - its not so simple for some of us and those success stories just make us frustrated, or angry that we cant seem to achieve the same. "Why didnt it happen overnight for me..." etc.

I am in a similar situation. Cut down a bit - nowhere close to quitting completely. And ive gone through $350+ worth of gear, juices etc and you begin to think...well...cutting down is great and all...but its not enough.

Bottom line - everyone has their own method and tricks that work for them. Some love high voltage, or high nic, or whatever. My advice has nothing to do with nicotine, voltage, device or other. At its base level - do you believe vaping could replace analogs?

If the answer is yes - keep trying things until there is nothing left to try.
If the answer is no - enjoy the analogs.

Im still banking on yes...i just havent found the right combo yet (though im getting closer)

The other thing to remember....we're on a vaping forum. As a result - everyone here has a success story. There are just as many that PV's didnt work for. The key is - its worked for enough people that its worth exhausting all possible options with it.

My 2 cents anyways.

Windpray

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2010
Louisiana
My dear, we are all different with different taste and reasons for smoking so no one is going to react to vaping to same as anyone else. I smoked over 47+ years, 1 1/2 to over 2 packs a day. winston 100's. and for the most part didn't really want to quit but weezing and coughing was getting really bad and so was shortness of breath. Ordered first kit the first part of June and played with it for about 3 weeks it was a RN4081 and had carts, really did not like the carts, ordered the cartomizers and like them alot better, using 24mg nicotine, then ordered the KR808d-1 from V4L with some cool cartomizers, they were automatic, did not like them so ordered the XL manual batteries and found my happy place. Have not smoked since July 2nd, now some mornings were a little rough but made up my mind I was gonna do this, I still have a carton and a half of Winstons but haven't touched them. So it is possible just takes the right model and the right juice, Good Luck to you

bluebelle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2010
Rochester New York
Hi Etch...I know the feeling. You summed it up quite well. Am trying and want to stop/quit. But right now the supposed "progress" it is not enough. After last night's great success...well, it is Friday night(excuses again) and it was not another smoke free night..although I truly wish it was. But there is always tomorrow right? And to think I bragged earlier to the steady who is working out of town that it looked like 2 in a row earlier this evening...guess I start tomorrow night fresh.

This has to work though. Last and best hope I have had of stopping ever. I have tried everything else they have come up with over the years . Feel I am getting closer too, just not as close as I thought by now after a full month.

Spent a pretty penny myself already, bought the 2 Blu kits for my daughter and I (plus many cartridges, extra atomizers,etc.), upgraded to the Ejoye 510 now for myself since I was such a heavy smoker, unlike her. Found out the kiddo gave up on the Blu (as usual money down the drain), she might want try my 510 to see if she might like it, but is not sure. And now juice expenses, cartridges, spare atomizers, etc. ...but while there is life there is hope as they say..and if anything is going to do it, this will since I have made more progress than I have with less discomfort than anything else i have tried before.. I have to believe.

Maybe I am expecting too much too soon, that is why I posted this. Hopefully, my wait for success will not be in vain.

Etch

Aug 29, 2010
Vancouver
well perspective is important. Remember - you made it a day...almost 2. Could you say that about other trials? I couldn't. I break at about 3 hours even with the patch (long flights are a cruel torture). Having a smoke (or 2 or 3) is not proof of failure. But going almost 2 days appears to be a sign of success.

Contrary to the common opinion, quitting [usually] doesn't happen overnight. You're making progress and that to me is a sign to keep going, keep trying things. 1 pack a day is still better than 2 packs. Imagine one little tweak makes it even easier and now you just need half a pack a day. One more tweak and screw the analogs altogether. It may be a pipe dream - but most here would likely say its reality.

We tend to put all our hopes PV's will be the "save all" cure. At least - i did. Seemed perfect to me. Im learning its not quite perfect - but still worth exploring. That said - you want to be further along after a month...think a year ahead - will you care about your month of disappointment if it pays off? Being discouraged is OK, giving up is not.

Its also really important to figure out what is missing in your vaping experience. For me - i couldnt place it at the start...i assume its an MAOI addiction because ive ramped up nic levels, and voltages etc to no effect. Nothing can be done for that....back to willpower for that issue - but yours might be different. Maybe you only need a better flavour, nic level etc - which can be a simple fix.

I can't guarantee your success (or my own), but in the end - this appears to be our best shot - so if its just a matter of trial and error....ill try everything i can find/afford.

Don't be too discouraged - there are others that share your frustration, concerns....and diminishing hope ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread