How long did you smoke analogs before switching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afubar

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
Oregon
"Maybe, we can get the AARP on our side" Hey, I resemble that remark. LOL

I've been reading a lot on this site and see some complaining about how e-cigs don't work and this and that. Well, I'm here to tell you that my 510 works as well if not better than my analog ever did. With the Captain Black little cigars that I smoked, I was always having to re-lite the darn things at least twice per smoke and sometimes even more. Then if I put the top down on my car, trying to lite and re-lite was a major pain, not to mention the blowing ash. Did you know that the newer cars don't come with built-in lighters (or ashtrays)? Had to buy a plugin adapter for my "power point". What will they think of next? I for one am VERY happy with my 510.

It's great to see how long everyone has been smoking and equally great to see how long everyone has been vaping.

rocketvapor

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
Rockledge, FL
I smoked for 30 years. I got up to 1 and a half to 2 packs a day before I got a Blu. That enabled me to cut down, but I didn't really quit until my 510 arrived 2 weeks later. Wow! I haven't had an analog since! I still get cravings now and then, but I'm much more able to work through them with the 510 and a little mind control. I've been 6 weeks off now, and I can't believe how easy it was!

Am I still a "drug addict"? Yes. Am I happy to trade tobacco addiction for nicotine addiction (which I already had anyway)? YES! Do I hope to gradually wean myself down to 0 nic? Yes. Will I feel like a failure if I don't? NO!

Wink

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
south of Seattle, WA
36 years for me... 32 for hubby both of us at a pack and a half a day. We got our 510's on 6/29 and haven't bought a cig since. He hasn't had even one puff of a cig since 7/10. I smoked a few a day until 7/17 - since then I've had a few puffs but can't stand cigs anymore - still have 4 or 5 packs but I'm not gonna smoke 'em.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
When I stated analogs, they were 25 cents a pack (that's out of a cigarette machine, do they still have those????). Course, gasoline was 21 cents a gallon too, okay, color me old. :D

The good news is they haven't effected your memory! Funny, I can't remember the last time I even saw a cigarette machine. I guess they take Visa cards now. :p

--Prof Daffy

KevinD872

ECF Veteran
I just turned 37 on 8/17 and have been smoking "regularly" since I was 15. So, around 22 years. Ahhhhhh, one of the best decisions I ever made in my younger years. :rolleyes:

My wife has been smoking a few years longer than that. We both quit on the same day (my Quit Meter is for myself, but is the same stats for my wife).

Up until the last few years, I'd say we both smoked about a pack a day. I got a new job where I work 12 hour shifts and I would start every shift with a brand new pack and it'd be just about empty when I got home, where I'd start on a new pack and smoke half of those. Then repeat the next day with a new pack again. We never figured out why, but both me and my wife just seemed to be smoking more and more and more. When I found out about the e-cig, we figured that might be our answer. So far, it has been!

Giz's Mom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
Pennyslvania
I have been smoking for over 40 years. 2-3 pks/day. I never wanted to quit either. I did once for 2 months and decided never smoking again wasn't how I wanted to live. Got my first e-cig for when I couldn't smoke regular and was amazed. I quit analogs within a week and have been smoke free for over a month. For me it was totally painless once I had enough batteries that I wasn't waiting for one to charge so I could smoke again. Love my 501 but I love my blu too. I carry both everywhere. If you asked anyone who knows me, they would tell you I was the very last person they thought would quit smoking.

pmd

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Boston,MA
Wow, 35 yrs smoking and was going thru 2 pks a day Marlb 100's.
I've been vaping for 8 days now but still have 2 analogs a day.
I wish I could be free of them and I know I don't NEED them but
they just don't taste horrible yet.
Will it happen for me too? ( using 24mg juice, still trying to find what flav I like)

I can do it, I can do it, I can do it... I hope !

ski

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
NJ, USA
21 years for me. More than half my life. I started w/ Winston, 2-3 cigs on weekend days, then maybe have one while taking a walk, switched to Marlboro Reds, Marlboro lights, then got up to 1-2 packs a day of Camel Lights for the past 10 years or so. Been a full week now almost to the minute since my last analog and those things taste filthy now. I have had an open half a pack on my desk all week and not once had the urge to light one up.

pmd, I don't know if it made a real difference but the flavor I was vaping all day when analogs started tasting disgusting was the 555 from Nhaler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread