how long to completely quit analogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter70

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Hershey,Pennsylvania
It seems a lot of people were able to put down the analogs as soon as they started vaping,not me..I smoked 4-5 a day into my second week and started to notice that I liked vaping more than smoking analogs,so i finished my last one eight days ago( the pack was empty)...Day two into it,I was craving an analog bad,so I bought a pack of nasty cigarettes that I knew I wouldn't like.I was ready to light one up but decided to vape and get on here and read instead and the craving passed...I smoked a pack a day for 23 years and figured I would get off the analogs over the course of several months,but instead wrote them off and haven't looked back since.Don't worry if you still have a few here and there.Your time will come when you can give them up for good! Best wishes to you!

hersch

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
indiana
Hang in It seems tough at first I smoke cigars and analogs...Been over a year now I done away with them both,now I cannot stand the smile of cigars and and analogs..I can smell and taste food better..My brother in law is still on analogs,after he tried vaporing he went back..

He says it to ackward to load and use..I told him that I would refill carts for him all you have to do is simply screw on another cart..He wants to vape but he likes the simple way,pull out the analog and light up..He has shortness of breathe all the time..He still wants me to keep helping him through the transition from reg cigs to vaping...He is the only one left in the family that still on analogs halve had quit nic all together the other halve vaping..

also all the family doesnt mind if I vape in there homes or get to gethers..

Last edited:

nozmoking

Oct 26, 2010
NC, USA
I switched to the e-cig last year after smoking 1/2 pack or less a day for about 25 years. An equipment failure (battery fried) left me without the e-cig for a few days after almost 4 months without an analog. Stupidly, I fired up a few analogs in the meantime. There was something nice about "real" smoking again, but it was far outweighed by the nastiness of it. Yuck.

I've got a replacement battery, and am glad to be back to the e-cig. I like the vanilla flavored juice I use SO much better than the tobacco taste, and I have no urge to go back to the analogs.

I've realized that analog smoking was such a crutch, and I feel so much better physically now that I have put them aside.

Give yourself some time, go a day or two without the analogs, then just chuck the pack for good. You sort of feel like you're on a life raft drifting away from the Titanic for a couple of weeks, then you just don't miss the "real" smoking at all.

Maker

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Florida
Got my 1st PV lil over a weeks ago. cut down from a pack a day to about 3 cigs a day the 1st few days. after about the 4th day i went outside at night to have the 1st one that day, took 3 puffs and realized how bad it taste and that i no longer enjoyed it. Haven't smoked one since. Have almost a full carton sitting in the garage. I even go out with the smokers still at work. Sit amongst them and have no urge to light an analog. I do find i don't like the smell of analogs now though.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Yeah, for awhile lots of people have a craving for an analog now and then.

And then there often comes a day when these people realize they really don't have any more cravings.
And then there often comes a day when these people realize they can't imagine how they could've ever craved them in the first place.

That's the best day of all.
:)

TODSHO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
OHIO, USA
I started vapeing a lil over a week ago. Just recieved my first shipment of e-juice to start filling my own carts. I smoked about a pack a day...now down to about 5 a day and thats huge for me. I'm now looking to buy a better e-cig since the one i have is just a starter 510..which i realy like. Looking forward to dropping the analogs for good once i find the right nicotine level for me. I just need to break the psycological habits of analogs!

Gadd

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
ARKANSAS
I stopped the day my kit arrived, but I was highly motivated. I've been smoking for 46 years. I continued even after cardiac by-pass surgery. I had been enduring chronic bronchitis for a couple of years as well. I never thought that I would be able to kick the analogs, but it was easy for me. Been more than 3 months now. Never went more than a few days on earlier attempts. I lit one up the other night, just to see what it would be like again. It was repulsive. Never thought I would say that because I always enjoyed smoking right up to the moment I snuffed out my last one in Oct. One puff was all it took the other night to nearly make me sick. I love vaping. Still get the enjoyment and I know that I am through committing slow suicide.

Magnetism

Dec 7, 2010
No man's land
It took me about a day after I got my Volcano Inferno to come to the conclusion that cigarettes suck and I don't need them when I vape. I used to be big on Camel Filters. After vaping for about 40 days now without a cigarette the whole time, I'm really convinced that I will never smoke a cigarette again, Camel Filter or otherwise.

The whole ritual of vaping is more appealing to me now. I actually enjoy filling cartomizers, slapping them on my Inferno, and seeing the button light up when I puff on it. It appeals to my inner geek. And the benefits of vaping just seal the deal. I don't smell like smoke anymore, I don't cough anymore at all, I have LOADS of energy and endurance, and my sense of taste is amazing now. I've rediscovered all kinds of foods that used to be too bland for me to enjoy.

And the crazy thing that I think everyone should emphasize that I don't see mentioned as often as it should be is the fact that vaping might literally save our lives. Even if there might be some risks still associated with nicotine, we're not tarring up our lungs anymore and filling our bodies with harmful chemicals that are in analog cigarettes.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
I quit the night before my pv arrived because its arrival woke me up that day but the first 3 days where tough, I chained vapped 36mg I was getting really bad headaches and the shakes so I know I was over nic-ed I think a lot of it was in my head after 30 years of smoking it was hard to give up my filter tipped little buddies and after almost 3 months I know I'm never going back and have no urge to smoke but I have dreams where I'm smoking at least once a week.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I switched to all vaping right away but I carried my cigs with me for 2 weeks just in case, then put them in the car trunk. I also bought more batteries and chargers so i could leave my PV set up all night - that way I wasn't unscrewing stuff right before bed or assembling it before I could have my first morning vape.

Have you tried any tobacco aroma eliquids? I find Desert Ship at FreedomSmokeUSA is sort of like analogs to me. And they have a lot of other ones too. And remember to let you nose whiff some of the vapor periodically - an ecig doesn't bathe you in smoke like a cig does.

If the 510 and good juices can't get you away from analogs, try the fat-battery version, an Ego or Riva 510. You can use the 510 attys and carts with them, but you will also be able to use more powerful LR (low resistance) attys and cartos (and variety abounds in that area). That could give you a bigger hit as well as much longer battery life. Some people need power of the fat battery model to quit.

What level nic juice are you using?

Like you've no doubt read, it varies for everybody. I got my Riva at the beginning of this month and I actually bought a pack on analogs tonight. Shame on me and all that. I do believe it's a mind-set type of thing. I guess I'm not totally ready to completely give up my analogs. But...I'm quite close now!! It's not how many analogs you smoke but how many you DON'T smoke!

Happy vaping!

calyxan

Jan 13, 2011
Ohio
Technically I quit before I got my e-cig. I just figured it didn't make sense to go out and buy a pack while I was waiting for it to be shipped. Although I have to say, I didn't smoke a lot to begin with. I probably suck down more vapor than I ever smoked, but I expect that will change once I get over the newness of it.
I am just kicking myself for waiting so long to get one. Truth is, I never would have if the FDA hadn't banned flavored cigarettes. I saw the varieties of e-juice available and it was over.

Thanks everyone, rosa, granny, the link to the poll, all of you.

Now, 1.5 days later, I can feel stopping analogs coming. I need may to get more flavors - i ordered a lot of diff tobaccy flavors plus just 2 not: vanilla and cappiccino. Want to try berry, pop (Coke since I'm in GA), and other non ciggy non tobacco flavors.

today it is now 6PM, I've had 2 cigs instead of 2 packs by now.
But I still had them.
The advise to vape when I want a cig and then see how I feel is what I have been doing without realizing it.
blinddriver.

In Atlanta, you may see "blind Drive" signs. Someone put an R at the end of many and he/she is much too old to be doing that kind of thing.

I quit analogs 6 days before finding out about vaping.I went to a convience store with the intention of buying a pack of camels.Instead, I bought an e cigarette...the rest is history...I have been a NON smoker since December 10, 2010 and I will never go back.Them things are just nasty tasting and now they smell hideous to me!

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Here's a good way to look at it: if you are already high on nicotine, you are less likely to start having a nic fit.

So vape before you want to vape, vape until you can't vape any more, and then when you feel like a couple of minutes went by, vape again! That'll help get you over the hump... pretty soon, your usage will taper down and you'll find a more regular schedule.

Some people, after several months or so have gone by, will find that they even begin to forget to vape. That's happened to me a couple of times, I'll go out to dinner and totally forget to vape before heading in to watch a movie and not even notice it. When I smoked, I would have gladly missed a night out on the town if it meant I couldn't smoke.

But in the first couple of months, the PV was practically growing out of my face - I just never stopped chain vaping.

Aresi

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Fremont, CA
Way to go Blinddriver! I have an unopened pack of analogs. The mail arrived right when I finished off a previous pack. I haven't touched it since I got my Halo. But, like everyone has said, it's different for each person. I was ready to quit. I was tired of having to go outside when I wanted to smoke, not being able to smoke in the car, etc.

You can dooo eeet!

jmpenza

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
New York, New York
Its a weird sensation vaping gives you, it took me drinking to realize how much it really substitutes analogs. With that said I just came back to vaping after a year because of the pros it gives me and the cons analogs have. I recommend Halo's Freedom Juice full nicotine (keep in mind it will not taste like an analog but it is a great quality juice) and a lot of research here for how you are going to smoke. I recommend 510 and cartomizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread