Status
Not open for further replies.

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
hey guys got my iatty 2 is there a video showing how to tie the resistance and no resistance wire together and set up the iatty? i have most of the rebuildable attys out there but i know the iatty is much different. Thanks

Cos

Congrats Cos! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

(and if you get tired of it....you know who to call! :laugh: )

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
thanks fright88. thanks UA. yeh J i know who to contact if i want to get rid of it you you you. you do have seniority as we go back a long ways. Plus all the things you did for me in the past. Heck why dont i just give it to you now to save the wait lolol. Thanks guys

Haha...nah....not yet....would rather see you vaping it blissfully! :thumbs:

I did finally pick up an Iatty....waiting for it to be delivered. Trying to find a cheap source for no resistance wire right now where I don't have to buy a large spool like I did with my kanthal. (I double ordered my kanthal....so I have enough to last a lifetime, and and pass on to my kids :laugh: )

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
Since, from what I can tell, Imeo is not using the wick in the original post anymore...only the E2 wick...where can I get wick for my Iatty that will be here this week? Is that wick still acceptable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated since COV is out of wick material.

The fiberglass works, but breaks down very quickly. You can scavenge the wick from some existing CE2 atomizers you might have leaking around. The fat wick works well, the thinner wicks need to be looped, but they can work too.

Also SS mesh wicks can be done and work extremely well ;). You're a fellow genni fan, I am sure you can do it. I posted a how-to somewhere way back in the thread :)

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Since, from what I can tell, Imeo is not using the wick in the original post anymore...only the E2 wick...where can I get wick for my Iatty that will be here this week? Is that wick still acceptable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated since COV is out of wick material.

Imeo recommends not using the wickstore wick anymore. It would seem there were some preliminary tests done and it doesn't seem safe.

Nextel XC 116 works well but you do need to torch it to burn off the sizing. Hardening it in a kiln helps also but isn't required. You do need to either tear apart the wick or modify the ceramic and plastic channels also.

As Lorderos said you can take apart Ce2's to scavage wick as well.

And ss mesh works well too but it does require a bit of work.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
The fiberglass works, but breaks down very quickly. You can scavenge the wick from some existing CE2 atomizers you might have leaking around. The fat wick works well, the thinner wicks need to be looped, but they can work too.

Also SS mesh wicks can be done and work extremely well ;). You're a fellow genni fan, I am sure you can do it. I posted a how-to somewhere way back in the thread :)

I have a few wicks left from taking apart some CE2s for the Scubagen. I'll probably try rolling the mesh around The wick...should allow for the wick to last a while and only have to replace the mesh when need be.

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
Ok....finally have my Iatty! Setup was pretty simple....first setup is working perfectly.

My issue....is I set it down standing up on my BB for 20 minutes...came back to it and liquid was EVERYWHERE! :shock:

The top oring looks to be too big, as there is space around the cone. Is that the wrong size orings? Should I get the replacement kit?

I hope someone sees this....with Odysseus out....it's a ghost town around here...lol :blink:

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Ok....finally have my Iatty! Setup was pretty simple....first setup is working perfectly.

My issue....is I set it down standing up on my BB for 20 minutes...came back to it and liquid was EVERYWHERE! :shock:

The top oring looks to be too big, as there is space around the cone. Is that the wrong size orings? Should I get the replacement kit?

I hope someone sees this....with Odysseus out....it's a ghost town around here...lol :blink:

When I received mine, it came with 3 orings: two small ones (same size) and one a little bigger in diameter, I thought the bigger one was for the top cap and the little ones were for the ceramic cup, but I saw the bigger had a loose fit around the cone piece (where the mouth piece is screwed), so I used the bigger one and a little one on the ceramic and the other little one on the cone.

Later Imeo and Bruce notified that there was a mistake with some O-Rings that were sent with the I-Atty, there is a free replacement o-Rings set on COV for the ones that received the wrong size O-Rings:

iAtty Replacement O-ring Set for wrong size - free iAtty 1

Shaitaan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Syracuse, NY
I've been vaping my iAtty for the last 3 days with a 32ga, 1.7 ohm coil in it, on my GGTS (topped with a Stealth cap) at 7.4v....the vape cannon worked the ballz all weekend long, and this morning, I take my first drag of the morning, the GGTS and my hand was covered in juice... it was leaking out the bottom connector of the iAtty lol...luckily, it was almost out of juice so I took 'er apart and cleaned everything (and the GGTS), relubed the o-rings, and I prefer noalox or dialectric grease (which is vaseline based) on the threads around the battery compartment, vaseline on the rest of the threads..., I put it back together w/ a new coil.. 1.8 ohms this time, and started vaping....12 hrs later and so far, no leaks, no mess... well, now the iAtty is sitting on one of my Stealths....the GGTS has my new Ody sitting on it (3 ohm coil, first one I made for it lol) that arrived today...

Last edited:

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
When mine leaks out the bottom connector generally is due three things: overfilling the tank, liquid control too open, thin wick (wick should seal the side channels, if it doesn't, the liquid will flow freely to the ceramic cup and then will go out through the connector, even if the liquid control cone is fully closed), or a combination of this three things.

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
Well, I know the wick is plenty big....I had to force it ithe grooves. The cone is screwed all the way down, the bottom piece is tigh, only filled it halfwayt....the only thing I can see wrong is the top oring being to big. If there isn't negative pressure in the tank, then the juice can freely flow out.

silentt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Virginia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread