Sep 15, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Well, I've noticed in the past that PayPal was involved in some of my purchases from vape suppliers when I did not at all expect them to be. So I guess now I can't use those suppliers anymore. I've not used PayPal since 2005 for very good reasons of their misconduct, and this just validates my personal boycott of them. I'll have to go through my purchase confirmation emails and see who I can't do business with anymore.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
What ban? I live in California. My e-cig provider is in California. I have been using paypal every time I reorder e-cigs from this company online, and have done so approx every month, for over 2 years. I just did it again in April 2014. No problem. A paypal ban on purchasing e-cigs? What ban?

Is your vendor possibly headquartered in the UK? If so, they can use PayPal. PayPal has no restrictions on foreign transactions, only domestic.

phanto

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
Melbourne
Is your vendor possibly headquartered in the UK? If so, they can use PayPal. PayPal has no restrictions on foreign transactions, only domestic.

Hi again Katya,

As you know I am an Australian living in a State which currently allows vendors to sell vaping equipment and supplies (with restictions confining liquids to 0% nicotine). As a purchaser, I rely heavily on Paypal for secure purchases around the world - mainly China for the eliquids containing nicotine which we are allowed to import "for personal use". However, I recently found it necessary to make a hardware purchase from a US vendor and very reluctantly provided my credit card details - but only after asking why no Paypal. He gave me the sorry story which is pretty well covered in this thread. But, whilst I sypathise about the Paypal problems here, we face a greater threat which is the complete banning of vendors who offer vaping supplies. I can understand the anger directed against Paypal but it is hardly their fault if they accept the laws in any particular country. The point is that all of us are under threat from Big Tobacco combined with the relevant authorities under the direction of centralised and/or State governments wishing to protect the huge revenues from tobacco taxes. They are the common enemy and they seem to be winning the wars which are going on all over the world. In our own case the attack, which might prove to be a death blow, has come from a court decision banning ecig vendors in the State of Western Australia. No one doubts that the decision will flow on to all other States. However, hope is still alive that we may still be allowed to import what we need for personal use. If so, Paypal will still be the payment method of choice for most people - unless there are new regulations which force them to ban ecig transactions. So people are stockpiling - and the immediate question for us is how best to store eliquids and related matters like shelf life - a different forum obviously. For anybody interested in the Australian situation there are two good threads:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...western-australia.html?highlight=court+defeat

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...arted-w-ban-sales.html?highlight=court+defeat

Good luck everybody.

Reactions: livelysocks

phanto

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2012
Melbourne
I'm so sorry, Phanto...

I know vendors whose accounts have been closed when they accepted PayPal payments. They all had to switch to credit cards. Only vendors based overseas, like Liberty Flights or Totally Wicked, for example, are exempt.

This is a mess.

It sure is a mess, Katya.

You didn't mention Chinese vendors. It's ironic that China may end up being the only major country left where free enterprise for ecig vendors and freedom of choice for users of their products continues to flourish. And virtually all of them offer the Paypal option, except for the giants who supply wholesalers around the globe. It's also ironic that it was their entrepreneurial spirit which lead to the development of the industry over the last ten years even though the first patent for such a device was issued to an American about fifty years ago.

WAKE UP WORLD!

jsand

Sep 17, 2010
ny
I'm so sorry, Phanto...

I know vendors whose accounts have been closed when they accepted PayPal payments. They all had to switch to credit cards. Only vendors based overseas, like Liberty Flights or Totally Wicked, for example, are exempt.

This is a mess.

I recently ordered some liquid from totally wicked and paid with PayPal. I'm in the U.S., does this mean my account can get frozen? God, I hate PayPal. I only used it because my credit card was in the other room. Damn my laziness.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I recently ordered some liquid from totally wicked and paid with PayPal. I'm in the U.S., does this mean my account can get frozen? God, I hate PayPal. I only used it because my credit card was in the other room. Damn my laziness.

Totally Wicked, as I mentioned above, is UK based, so PayPal is OK. PayPal doesn't allow domestic e-cig transaction. You're fine!

kachuge

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
i wish people would stand up to the FDA, this is bull honky. PayPAl is a huge company and they should stand up for their rights!

I don't blame you for how you feel, but paypal has a lot to lose if they start tangling with the FDA and the USA govt........

it's not even their war, it is ours........

sorry to say........

I think the only allies we can expect are the blokes who have as much to lose as we do........
the manufacturers, suppliers, etc........ and for them, it is about the money....... they may claim rights, but it's about the cash...

just sayin'

g

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
I don't blame you for how you feel, but paypal has a lot to lose if they start tangling with the FDA and the USA govt........

it's not even their war, it is ours........

sorry to say........

I think the only allies we can expect are the blokes who have as much to lose as we do........
the manufacturers, suppliers, etc........ and for them, it is about the money....... they may claim rights, but it's about the cash...

just sayin'

g

I've just cancelled my PayPal account. The FDA doesn't have the authority to tell PayPal they can't process payments to e-cigarette vendors.

WongNumba

Unregistered Supplier
Apr 25, 2014
Seattle, WA, USA
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

kelli

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2013
cocoon of lunacy
not sure if anyone else has reported this but i got this notice from an ebay vendor with my last e-cig supply order:

"ATTENTION: eBay HAS BLACKLISTED 20+ BRANDS INCLUDING INNOKIN, JOYETECH, SMOK, KAMRY, ETC....
They said this was due to them being 'e-cigarettes' which they do not permit, even though they allow the sale of personal vaporizers. YOU CAN STILL FIND OUR FULL OFFERING OF PRODUCTS AT THE SAME, OR BETTER, PRICING ON OUR WEBSITE" :facepalm:

now what do you think brought that on?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread