Paypal going after e-cig companies we got this today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Changing the name of the forum would reduce the negative vibes it gives us, but I would be afraid it might greatly lessen the traffic in the New Members forum. It took me 3 months to stumble across ECF after starting vaping. Searching for the e-APV Forum, or even e-PV Forum, you guys might be missing my pearls of wisdom to this day....:lol:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
tigerlilly is correct. Paypal only discriminates against US companies selling vaping merchandise.

The reason for this is the president of ASH, back in late 2009 sent a letter to Paypal stating that vaping was dangerous, just as bad as smoking and threatening a boycott if they didn't stop handling money transfers for a product that is deadly.

ASH is approximately 95% funded by the Big Pharm industry.

We need to find a way to take this fight to ASH. If we just sit on our hands and react to their attacks, we will never win.

We have a CASAA meeting today. Maybe as a group we can come up with something. When we get these punks on their heels, they will have a hard time trying to take what is ours (our right to Vape!!) We have a large well-funded organization attacking a (relatively) safe product to mazimize the profits of their product. How do we exploit it?

"The Lion knows the Power of the Pride!"

Team Kill.jpg

JohnnyVsGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Does anyone know if this effects Square? In my other life I sew and design cloth diapers and most of my sales go through Square. It's a little white device I attach to my iPhone that puts the money into my bank account. There's a 3% fee but it's nice when I show up to craft fairs and such that I can swipe someone's card and take their money. I wonder if Square is an option for e-liquid sales and other accessories.

invididual

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Does anyone know if this effects Square? In my other life I sew and design cloth diapers and most of my sales go through Square. It's a little white device I attach to my iPhone that puts the money into my bank account. There's a 3% fee but it's nice when I show up to craft fairs and such that I can swipe someone's card and take their money. I wonder if Square is an option for e-liquid sales and other accessories.
a lot, if not all the vendors at VapeStock in June were all using Square.

Enigma32

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Melbourne, FL
www.eliquiddepot.com
Something I don't understand is PP prohibits the use of there service for any e-cig transactions and they sign their letter
PayPal Brand Risk Management Department
PayPal, an eBay Company

You can go to EBay and find all kinds of e-cig products, isn't this a double standard?

No, they're banned from ebay too.

This is all very old news to us vendors, and only the new guys that are wet behind the ears still are the ones who don't realize you need to take credit card and pay the exhorbitant fees. What we really need to pay attention to now is the upcoming deeming regulations, which includes a sizable "user fee" on everything. AKA it may add several dollars to every bottle/cartomizer etc. You guys are discussing a problem we have come to terms with 2 years ago.

This thread should be closed already...

SpringzVz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Colorado Springz, CO
I am loyal to my family, health, countrymen and last but not least my financial institutions that protect me and my transactions. Paypal does not have to support my personal decisions to retain my business they just have to do what they say they do and be the best at it.
As long as they don't come out explicitly and oppose my freedoms they are good in my book. Since they do not lobby against me they have satisfied me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread