Paypal says that E-cigs are alright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taelon

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
DE-Germany
If paypal changes policy, the people to blame will be those on this forum that keep emailing them etc and bringing this subject to their attention. I would kindly ask that people NOT email or call paypal regarding this.

Let sleeping dogs lie people. Ever heard of staying under the radar??????? Are people seriously this naive?

No way! We want serious and accepted e-cigarette businesses and no "underground businesses" like drug street dealers, OK? :rolleyes:

And we want sellers and suppliers that are customer responsible and not just making money and then running away leaving all the trouble behind to the customer if something bad happens. :sneaky:

BTW: Which one of all the "Liberty" e-cig shops is Yours?

Last edited:
Taelon,
What are you talking about? Obviously pay pal is aware that people are using these things, and buying them through using their services. It's probably a substantial portion of business for them at this juncture. It's completely legit.

However, allow me to dissect your train of thought. Things can get lost in translation. For instance, one person might call and say I heard that Pay Pal said e-cigs are bad and that you aren't allowing them. Well now what you've done is put a bug in their ear. Next thing you know, the person who answered the phone goes to their manager and says e-cigs are bad and a customer complained and said Pay Pal shouldn't allow. NOW, the manager gets a few calls, but all he remembers is E-cigs and bad....NOW what you've created is a manager who doesn't want to deal with it anymore, so he goes to the policy makers and now you've accomplished what your statement insinuates what you apparently want to happen. Paypal then goes ahead and bans it. So much for your "underground business" think.

It's really simple oral tradition...whereas testimony and messages that are verbally transmitted change over time....and USUALLY not in favor of the truth but in favor of what is the most eye opening. (You can compare this to the media headlines and how they have twisted this small microcosm of a lab analysis and given broad stroke negative spin in the headlines to sell papers).

I have been in retail for over 20 years, I don't want to flat out dismiss your comment, but I don't think you know what you are talking about. Your comment has hippy like undertones, not really business savvy.

We are Liberty Stix.

BTW: How old are you?

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
You know, it occurs to me that ECA could help with this. I belong to two organizations that offer credit card merchant accounts to their vendor members. As an organization, they can go the the credit card processors and negotiate a better deal for their members than the members can get individually.
How about it ECA?

Been in the works for a couple of weeks and will be available to ECA members ASAP! :)

opuscroakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Angelo, Tx
I use the Paypal plug in which generates a random credit card number for purchases. There is no need to log into Paypal. This works very well with all vendors. Have had no problems.

Ummm, this is great for you but it is still the seller that is having the problem with Paypal.

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Ummm, this is great for you but it is still the seller that is having the problem with Paypal.

Yes, that's true. This post was originally made by me with information that another user had discovered before Paypal started hitting the suppliers with the ban stick. So this is a little out of date now, though it's interesting to still see how the thread it progressing and have it for the sake of posterity.

Yes, that's true. This post was originally made by me with information that another user had discovered before Paypal started hitting the suppliers with the ban stick. So this is a little out of date now, though it's interesting to still see how the thread it progressing and have it for the sake of posterity.

Paypal is showing it's vulnerability, and it's antiquatedness. I agree.
And the alternatives to payapl are beginning to emerging.

- -
Okay,
Father Luke

vjnnc

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
Forum poster SharonLM posted this in another thread, just wanted to make sure that everyone saw it.

Edit: Updated title of thread because of the recent problems, emails, and calls from Paypal to various people. Seems like some people are told that they are alright and companies are being shut down.

Originally posted here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...paypal-cancelled-johnson-creek-account-7.html

How can Paypal "allow" the sale of anything? They can allow or not allow a payment to be processed, but as for the actual sale they have no say - regardless of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread