Status
Not open for further replies.

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
I think they are shutting all ecig vendors down they do not want the liability. They also do not want the FDA to shut them down. Just remember all this sh#3 when nov 2010 rules around.
I am curious as to the liability part and more specifically what should we do in Nov. 2010 (not implying anything just curious)

PatriciafromCO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Colorado
Ok just for trying.. Last 2 days trying to order my e cig stuff through pay pal,, through my PP debit card or the buyers credit,, I got the yellow box try again later, or use a different payment type.. (used a different payment and they all went through)

today I purchsed non e cig stuff no problem buyer credit went right through so I just turned around and order lol (another e cig stuff sorry shawn for the extra work, it was a site that I couldn't get through with PP less then 12 hours ago) went right through.. SO just sharing...

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I chewed them out for giving me a grab bag answer and they closed my account. 8-o

I am so sorry this happened. I use Paypal for so much, not just e-cigs. I'd be devastated if they closed my account. I never pay with a credit card if I've got the opportunity to use my bank account and Paypal is good for that.

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
I agree Sharon, basically all of my internet transactions are done through paypal as I am not comfortable giving out my cc # to just anybody for all the stuff I order. I will even avoid sites that won't use it. I have used them for years and never a problem.
I really hate to hear all this about issues with them but it's not the end of the world. I deal with good e-cig people and if they need cc#'s that's fine too.
I have to believe this is not PP's choice and they are being forced to do this, I'm not defending them, just saying that their e-cig money really is nothing compared to the business they do and if given a choice of billions compared to a million or 2 at best? what can they do?

Taelon

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
DE-Germany
PayPal in DE (Germany) fine here again. Just bought from china yesterday.

Seems to be buyer's country regulation dependant. Still unregulated here.

But I still request sellers using a fallback like Moneybookers e.g. since Credit Cards are only in broad use in the U.S.A (and lead to the Finance Crisis, eh!) and FDA shuts down U.S. ;)

Not all cultures live "on credit"...

Last edited:

Rogue X2 v2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
I am so sorry this happened. I use Paypal for so much, not just e-cigs. I'd be devastated if they closed my account. I never pay with a credit card if I've got the opportunity to use my bank account and Paypal is good for that.

Well, that's great if everything is working out for you. But it's when the fece hits the fan (so to speak), that's when you find out how arrogant and ignorant those people are.

Btw, for people who love pp so much, I don't know what their policy is on fraudulent charges, but I'm responsible for none with mine. Plus, I get to rack up points for using my cc.

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY

I think that Paypal now also offers a disposable credit-card number system that can be used with vendors that do not accept Paypal. I didn't try it, but from what I read is that you log in into your Paypal account to generate a one-time credit card number for each transaction. This should be usable as normal credit card, but only one time. For your next purchase you'd just need to generate a new disposable number.

I am not sure if there is anything bad about this type of system, but from consumer side it is probably good protection because if the merchant you gave your credit card to has a security breach the credit card number you used is not valid anymore so can't be used to make another purchase.

Would be interesting how sellers feel about this kind of system. I know that Amex used to offer something similar long time ago.

If paypal changes policy, the people to blame will be those on this forum that keep emailing them etc and bringing this subject to their attention. I would kindly ask that people NOT email or call paypal regarding this.

If they ever did ban e-cig transactions, their's nothing you can do about their policy change. If they haven't, then all your inquiry does is allow you a platform to spread rumors on gossip about it on a forum, and bring the issue at hand to light for paypal to discuss. We're adults, no need to gossip or spread rumors.

Let sleeping dogs lie people. Ever heard of staying under the radar??????? Are people seriously this naive?

Big Texas

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
The Great Nation of Texas
If paypal changes policy, the people to blame will be those on this forum that keep emailing them etc and bringing this subject to their attention. I would kindly ask that people NOT email or call paypal regarding this.

If they ever did ban e-cig transactions, their's nothing you can do about their policy change. If they haven't, then all your inquiry does is allow you a platform to spread rumors on gossip about it on a forum, and bring the issue at hand to light for paypal to discuss. We're adults, no need to gossip or spread rumors.

Let sleeping dogs lie people. Ever heard of staying under the radar??????? Are people seriously this naive?

You hit the nail on the head !!

Our House

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
NJ, USA
You hit the nail on the head !!
...almost.

Keep in mind that if PP does adopt that policy, then it is their obligation (not legally, but business-wise) to publicly announce it somewhere. There's a very good reason suppliers are calling PP -- they want to know if their business is in jeopardy of losing its CC processor! PP keeping people guessing right up until the point that they get their funds frozen is just plain bad business.

Now, individuals calling PP is a different issue, and one where I totally agree they should let sleeping dogs lie.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Well, yeah. But you ROCK!!!
    No problems ever.
    You're such a pleasure to work with.

(Edit: This should have gone right under the Widow's reply. Just too slow I am, in my old-ness)

I have to second that. Been vaping for about a month, if that, and I've dealt w/ Widow twice and both times were a pleasure. You go, girl! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread