Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
@Uncle
Please add me to your tootle puffer list.lol

Well Honestly - I don't have a list, but will keep Ya' in mind when and if I "Tag" the "Tootle-Puffer's" again . . . ;)

BTW: Have "You" check in on the "Tootle-Puffer Thread - there is a lot of conversations about RBA/RDA and coils there too . . . Check it Out: Tootle Puffers, Redux (The Sequel) . . . Just Sayin' . . . :thumbs:

Now - Besides "You" I want to say - THANK YOU - to @Stegle, @louiesquared, and @Jim_ MDP for having this discussion and providing the video . . . I have never ever wanted to get into RBA/RDA & rebuilding coils (although I thought about it) until Innokin came out with this kit . . . However, I am still a little more then hesitant given some of the reviews, so being able to read your discussion and helpful hints so far and watching the video I am learning a lot from you guys . . . I still just might wait a little longer to get the kit, since my fingers and abilities are very limited - but "You" all have perked "My" interest in getting the Kit again and that I might be able to do this sometime . . . We'll See . . . Again - THANKS ! ! ! :D

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
The only possible way to build this would be to drop the straight lead in first tighten it. Cut it. Then attach it to your mod. The straight lead goes straight down and there is no room for excess wire while mounted .You could then (maybe)mount it to do the second lead. While this might work for you there would still be some fiddling before you could mount it.Keep in mind this thing is tiny.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stegle

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Well Honestly - I don't have a list, but will keep Ya' in mind when and if I "Tag" the "Tootle-Puffer's" again . . . ;)

BTW: Have "You" check in on the "Tootle-Puffer Thread - there is a lot of conversations about RBA/RDA and coils there too . . . Check it Out: Tootle Puffers, Redux (The Sequel) . . . Just Sayin' . . . :thumbs:

Now - Besides "You" I want to say - THANK YOU - to @Stegle, @louiesquared, and @Jim_ MDP for having this discussion and providing the video . . . I have never ever wanted to get into RBA/RDA & rebuilding coils (although I thought about it) until Innokin came out with this kit . . . However, I am still a little more then hesitant given some of the reviews, so being able to read your discussion and helpful hints so far and watching the video I am learning a lot from you guys . . . I still just might wait a little longer to get the kit, since my fingers and abilities are very limited - but "You" all have perked "My" interest in getting the Kit again and that I might be able to do this sometime . . . We'll See . . . Again - THANKS ! ! ! :D
I was welcomed warmly here and plenty of people were willing to help a Vape noob like me. I always try to pay it forward as I know helping can sometimes be a thankless "job". It's great to be able to exchange ideas with mature adults.☺
I am actually enjoying building these coils as I have built scale models for years and have become quite the expert on deciphering Asian instruction manuals and playing with fiddly bits. If you send me your rbas I would be happy to build them for you.☺
Hopefully Innokin takes my advice and drills two smaller wick holes in this thing.If they did I am sure it would work alot better.At least all the fiddling would almost always have a happy ending.lol
Edit: I forgot to say you're welcome Uncle!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Stegle

Stegle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Portland,Oregon
You're very welcome Uncle! We are all in this journey together so we might as well help each other out a bit.
Off to go check out the "Tootie-Puffer" Thread....:w00t:

Stegle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Portland,Oregon
I have just built 2 non leaking wonderful tasting coils on the new rba.

The two things I did different after making sure the coil was snugged down inside the chimney;

1. I put the spit cap on first and then put my cotton wick in, cut it close to the sides, lightly fluffed.

2. I then only primed the wick from the outside, about 5 drops each hole, then carefully stuck ALL excess into the holes so that it was as flush as possible. I put none on the coil so it stayed somewhat dry and it made it easier to get the excess back in. I believe its because the wick inside the coil doesn't move so much when its dry!

I put the tank on and let it sit for a few minutes and viewed several large bubbles come up, then started to vape on what was the best flavor I've gotten out of any of the isub heads! I don't understand why those little adjustments made such a big difference but I'm really liking this rba now.

I just am crossing my fingers now that it doesn't start leaking or acting up in some way. If it does I will repost with results.

Stegle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Please do. Mine is down until I get a replacement. Great idea on the wicking. What diameter coil did you use?

I used the 3.5 rod that comes in the kit with 26 gauge kanthal A1. I cut the cotton into a 6mm strip and peeled each sides outer layer. It's working fantastic!
The reason I thought of trying it with the cap on was I noticed when I took it off there was some cotton that got stuck under it when I put it on. Not much, but it might have pulled on it too causing a pinhole leak.

Reactions: Uncle

Stegle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Both are still working just fine with one little hiccup one one of the builds.
It leaked just a drop or two from the 510 connection. That was several hours ago and hasn't since!
Flavor is really great still too, I still am dumbfounded as to how the flavor is so improved over the stock coils
which I thought were good even stock. I've rewicked them several times with my own cotton that I built the RBA with, so thats not the difference. Keeping fingers crossed and on the fire button...

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Both are still working just fine with one little hiccup one one of the builds.
It leaked just a drop or two from the 510 connection. That was several hours ago and hasn't since!
Flavor is really great still too, I still am dumbfounded as to how the flavor is so improved over the stock coils
which I thought were good even stock. I've rewicked them several times with my own cotton that I built the RBA with, so thats not the difference. Keeping fingers crossed and on the fire button...
Now you got me all excited.lol I don't mind fiddling for flavor.☺

Stegle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Smokecityca rocks the customer service!! They are se ding me a new isubg for free!!!! I will post the results of my build when it shows up.☺

That is great! Ive just discovered there are 2 versions of the isub G, a 3.8ml and a 4.5ml.
Did anyone else know that?
I bought a 4.5ml 11/30/15 and now on the same site all they have is a 3.8ml. Why would they decrease the size I wonder. Its at MFS so I know its not a clone.

Reactions: Uncle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread