iTaste MVP v2 Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwohiopma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
NW Ohio
Hi again, I've got a smok Tech Pyrex Aro tank on my MVP, and it's starting to draw hard. I emptied it, washed it with water, let it dry overnight, and replaced the wick to no avail. Is there something else I can do? I'm vaping caramel in it. Thanks.

I also forgot to say I've got a 510 to ego adapter on it with the beauty ring. I haven't had an issue previously.

Last edited:

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi again, I've got a Smok Tech Pyrex Aro tank on my MVP, and it's starting to draw hard. I emptied it, washed it with water, let it dry overnight, and replaced the wick to no avail. Is there something else I can do? I'm vaping caramel in it. Thanks.

I also forgot to say I've got a 510 to ego adapter on it with the beauty ring. I haven't had an issue previously.

Not that familiar with the smok pyrex (have one, didn't like it), but I know with the i30 if it really gets gunky the only thing to do is tear it down and boil it. Assuming it gets gunked up inside and just washing won't help.

DEAc23

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
Washington
You inspired me to check out the dollar store (Dollar Tree) and they had these also. Hey, for a buck+tax, I grabbed one. Got home and tried it out. It fits the MVP almost like it was made for it. The space on the side is big enough for a Protank 3 mini. I wish it had a magnet instead of a snap but no big deal

Thanks for the tip!

Yup I believe the one I went to is called "The Dollar Tree" as well, but I can't remember for sure. I do know that the holster I got has a magnetic closure, even though in the pics I posted it looks like it snaps closed. I finally got to try it out while I was gone today, and it's definitely nicer to be able to carry it in the holster, rather than in my hand (or leaving it in the car). I'd also like to figure out some way to cover the tank, like herb mentioned, because then I wouldn't feel like people are staring at it trying to figure out what it is :lol:

Oh and thanks for mentioning about the Mini PT3 fitting on the side, as I didn't even consider that :thumb: Now I can have a Mini PT2 on the device, and then an extra one in there next to it, as it fits perfectly :D

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
If anyone is interested, I took apart the MVP2 from the top, found the rubber grommet between the button and the circuit board, trimmed its height by half, reassembled the device, and now the button press is about 60% of what it was. Turns out the rubber grommet also applied resistance to a button press, and without that resistance the button is not as hard. After the modification the fire button is still securely in place - not loose or rattling at all.

The whole procedure took about 5 minutes. All you need is a #7 torque screwdriver (maybe a #6 as #7 was a little tight) and a pair of scissors. Make sure you turn off the device first. Getting the top of the device off requires some effort - you have to press in the whole button mount and push/pull the top off. Be careful of the wiring.

This was a last ditch effort before giving up on the MVP2 because the button press was uncomfortably hard. It worked so well I am no longer shopping for a new VW box mod.

Maybe someone with a camera and video editing abilities can make a video?

How did you trim this? I can't do small/fiddly stuff myself any more, but my daughter will be up next week, so I'm seriously considering trying this. The foam padding on the button is helping, but I still can't use my MVPs more than a couple of hours a day, and the VV v3s have to be charged twice a day or run on pass through.

Saw a "Clearomizer Tree" once (to have multiple clearomizers handy)...but still looking for a "Drip Tip Tree" (say with 10-30 "branches").
Check out the stands and racks made for spools of sewing thread - I think that they would work. This is an easel style, Amazon.com: June Tailor Mini Mega-Rack ll but I know I've seen tree ones before . Can't sew any more, so I don't have a stack of catalogs around. Possibilities would be Nancy's Notions, Clothilde and Home Sew.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
I keep hearing this..and I've seen the logic/math proving it but my own experiences do not agree with it. I can tell a very clear difference between .8 and .9 and 1 and so on with my coils on my mvp. Granted I keep it set at 11 w/5 v, but there is a very clear difference. I think at lower ohms people discount the mvp, but it does a great job for me at lower ohms (with .8 being the limit).

I mean do what you like, and so will I. But just try to let others try what they like.. (just afraid people might read posts like that and not try to attempt lower ohms)

Edited to add my experience w low ohms is with rdas. Heck I don't even like tanks now.

Via spontaneous binary code

I'm not sure exactly what ohm value the MVP goes to 3.3V.. But you would notice a difference with different coils.

I know that by the time you get to 1.24ohm it's limited to 3.3V because I've actually tested a 1.24ohm coil under load with the MVP, so anything below that is probably limited to 3.3V.

That doesn't mean you aren't getting a good vape.

I just means you are vaping at 3.3V or whatever wattage that works out to with your coil.

This is true of a lot of mods. They just fire at what they fire at below a certain ohm level without regard to what the VV/VW setting is.

But .8 @ 3.3V is over 13 watts so yeah, that's a fair amount of power. That's assuming it fires an .8ohm coil at 3.3V. Not sure if the MVP further limits voltage as you go lower with your build. Voltage could be as low as 2.4V if it does limit more to stay under the amp limit.

Last edited:

1LastShot

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
Right behind you
I know I should have this stuff all figured out by now, but I don't lol. I don't know where I "should" be putting my volts at for different toppers. I know the whole "if it's tasting burny turn it down" thing, but is there a "so high/low" that I am going to hurt my MVP with certain ohm toppers? I usually stay around 1.5-2ohms on my toppers as a reference point (those are clearos) . I plan to do my first rebuild on my Nautilus in the same range.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Not Innokin...but how about 2000 mAh?

ARO VV/VW 2000mAh Winder Batteries

Saw a "Clearomizer Tree" once (to have multiple clearomizers handy)...but still looking for a "Drip Tip Tree" (say with 10-30 "branches").

Have you looked at the eXpromizer...a mixture of the Kayfun and Taifun GT?

eXpromizer by eXvape-THE Kayfun KILLER! :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YFtV52ONGE

It's $67 (including shipping by air)...Paypal does the Euro=>$ conversion.

eXvape

Interesting...

VV V3: $25.99, 800mAh, USB Charge, Passthrough, VV, VW, Ohms Meter, Remaining Battery V's Reading, square

CLK: $49.99, 800mAh, USB Charge, Passthrough, VV, NO VW, NO Ohms Meter, NO Remaining Battery V's Reading, round

So...basically...if I'm willing to give up VW, an Ohms Reader and Remaining Battery V's Reading...and pay an extra $24...I'll be able to get a VV V3 that will roll off my desk!!! :shock:

Sixty seven :( , anything that cost's more than the MVP itself is a no go for me .

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Couldn't agree more Puff and I am darn glad I had the VV V3 for backup, so I had no step down in performance, just battery life.
I have chargers everywhere though, work, car, and home so I can vape on passthrough if I ever need to.

Say that you finally got the Kayfun, have you been enjoying the flavor more?

biggest most noticeable difference is Vapor density
but it JUST WORKS, no fooling around with it
not a single leak, not any troubles...

built some coils messing around, settled with a 1.7Ω/32ga/cotton yarn
depending on juice, 8w-10w—sometimes I vape with the allen wrench
sticking out the side so to goof with air-flow as I vape it...

:)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I'm feeling kind of "touchy-feely" today and just wanted to say: It's so nice to come to this thread and chat with all of you MVP folks! The internet can be a harsh place sometimes - just read some of the comments on Facebook!:D

The people here in MVP-land are friendly, funny and caring. Oh, and very informative, too.

feel same way, nice to just come check in here with this group
help, laff, just keep up to date on “goings on” with everybody

:) :)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
My problem is that new stuff is coming out so fast that I dont even get an order in before I'm buying another to try.. :facepalm:

wow, talk about exercising some restraint
I plotted a course and pretty much have stuck to it….

but boy is it hard, as you say, all this cool stuff just keeps dropping

I WANT ONE OF EVERYTHING !

:evil:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I have concerns with the weight of the MVP, coming in at 164g or 5 oz after chain vaping all day. What do you think?

aaaaaah, you'll get used to it, to me it's like holding my gearshift
it just feels good in my hand (I'm wearing the paint off my VV V3)
- - -
actually, the prothingy weighs more than MVP - - 5.4oz (153g) vs 5.0oz (143g)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Just a few days ago, I swore I wasn't going to be seduced by the siren song of vaping enthusiasm. Greensmokes were going to do the trick and that would be the end of it.
That didn't pan out, so I bumped it up a notch with an Ego-C and a Mini Vivi Nova. That was much better until I stripped out the threads on the Mini directly after giving it a hot bath. Then I got the Aspire Vivi Nova-S BDC Glassomizer to replace it and thought I was sittin' in tall cotton, but the Ego-C wouldn't finish the tank and, besides, the size mismatch just makes it look funny.
So today I ordered the MVP v2 and have been researching rebuildables.

I'm discovering vaping is more than just a useful tool to quit smoking; it's interesting, fun and pleasurable too. It's funny how much of a difference a few days can make. Oh well, it's not the first time I've been wrong about something and it surely won't be the last.

your story reads as so many others, lured in by cig-a-likes (not a bad thing)
then the upgrade trail thinking you should be good

well as far as the MVP goes, you have reached the finish line :D

unless you get the bug to tinker and hobby around
the magic box should be all ya need...

(can't wait to hear your reaction when vape mail comes) :mail:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
took to pm

I think I could do that... Shoot me a couple of pics

Dont think we can sell/buy in the forums... I'll pm you my email.

way to go guys (policed yourselves)

I appreciate people that follow the rules

just goes to show the quality of this group

:thumbs:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Been using my MVP 2 for a couple days now without charging it, and the battery is still at 3.8 :thumb: this thing is awesome :D

Oh and I bought a cell phone holster from the dollar store yesterday to use for carrying the MVP.
All I had to do was modify it a bit so that I could put the MVP in while there was a tank attached (yes I realize my sewing is ugly :lol:).

It's got a little room inside the case on each side of the MVP, but it's snug enough that it doesn't move on it's own. I haven't taken it anywhere yet, as I just modified it last night,
but it seems like it's going to work just fine, especially considering it was only $1.09 :)

welcome
hey nice job, looking good
a lot of cell cases give a good fit for cheap (I have a few around)

this is one I like and use on occasion

- Sandwich Carrying Case For Samsung Galaxy S3 (S III), Galaxy S4 - Samsung Galaxy S4 Cases

nice tight grip and can go on belt, wasteband , or lanyard hang around your neck

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
I know I should have this stuff all figured out by now, but I don't lol. I don't know where I "should" be putting my volts at for different toppers. I know the whole "if it's tasting burny turn it down" thing, but is there a "so high/low" that I am going to hurt my MVP with certain ohm toppers? I usually stay around 1.5-2ohms on my toppers as a reference point (those are clearos) . I plan to do my first rebuild on my Nautilus in the same range.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

You wont hurt it. The MVP self regulates the voltage to stay within its amp limit. If you get too low, it simply wont fire.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Hey all, I defer to the experts here. Got a problem with my MVP2, had it about 6 months now, never a problem. Since I got my Nautilus tank started experiencing a problem that I've searched and haven't found anyone mention.

Lately when I fire the mvp, it works "sporadically" at best with the nautilus. I fire it at 3.9 or 4.0 and the puff counter goes up (normally), then all of a sudden I notice a "cold hit". Check the volts and the puff counter is reset to zero (without turning the unit off) and the volts have reset (by themselves) to 3.5, so I started watching it carefully after resetting the volts to 3.9. What I notice when I "catch it" is the lcd panel flashes "888" then a 1 = 1 (but it isn't an = sign, more of a three lined equal sign--cant type it to show, but picture three horizontal lines instead of two) and the puff counter goes to zero and the volts go back to 3.5, all by itself. I reset it back up and eventually it will go back down.

I replaced the nautilus with a davide head and no problems, fired all night without auto-resetting itself, put the nautilus back on (after checking to make sure the head was still on tight) and it played nice this morning for about a half hour and then I got the cold, 3.5 hit again and the puff counter reset.

I am truly befuddled here. It's not completely cutting off, but rather resetting itself, and those weird numbers...888 and 1=1 are new to me. Any advice????? Thanks,

believe that is the sign for, equivalent or equivalent to ( ≡ )
but what it means ? same topper/coil giving you these results ?
888 announces ‘code ready to read’ then 1≡1 ?
now I’m just thinking outloud, but Nautilus has dual coil
using non-resistance lead legs, so in my mind it smells of a short
across the NR legs making MVP electronics show error code 1≡1
where a short across live legs would trigger safety protection circuit
which in turn, would set the lights-a-flashing, and a shut down…

haa, sounds good, but really, I have no idea…

I've never had it happen to me, but like I said, just trying to learn along with the rest

:unsure:

how long have you been using 'dual coil' devices ?

what Ω reading you getting, if ONE coil popped and you're only using one (the other)
reading should be way higher

possibility it is something in THE BASE of Nautilus (not coil)

I definitely would stop using Nautilus and see if MVP settles down (so not to harm MVP)

:confused:

>> - Aspire Nautilus Replacement Coils - 5 pack - USA Vaping Supplies

Last edited:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Lower ohms take less volts for the same power.. The problem is amps. The MVP has a very low amp limit.

You wont hurt it. The MVP self regulates the voltage to stay within its amp limit. If you get too low, it simply wont fire.

that’s the key, Amps dictate
once you reach the device limit it’s just like running
around in your car - 2nd gear, 7200 rpms, triggering the rev limiter
probably not a good thing, MVP can take it a few times, but normal operation ?? JMO

the manual sez like 1.3-1.5Ω ??? (they should know)

:?:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I know I should have this stuff all figured out by now, but I don't lol. I don't know where I "should" be putting my volts at for different toppers. I know the whole "if it's tasting burny turn it down" thing,

but is there a "so high/low" that I am going to hurt my MVP with certain ohm toppers?

I usually stay around 1.5-2ohms on my toppers as a reference point (those are clearos) . I plan to do my first rebuild on my Nautilus in the same range.

as other conversations go

as long as you don't go below 1.5Ω , you should be fine
then there is school of thought of "sub-ohming"

if you go with 1.5Ω > , you're fine

sub ohms , you're on you own :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread