Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I started to get the noise on my VTR now! :-(

Also started getting the burnt taste... What optimal voltage and wattage settings do you all use? Or find are the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Check the resistance reading to see if it matches what your device should be. If it doesn't, rotate the spinning 510 connector a lot and give it a try again. A bad connection there can cause the burnt flavor syndrome.

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
I've had mine for 2 days now. IT ROCKS

Seriously though, I love the feel of it since I'm a bigger guy, the weight and the finger prints (JK about the prints). I love the vape from the 30S, maybe not quite as much as my PT2 with my home built micro-coils but real close. Other than being a fingerprint magnet I haven't found anything to dislike with it. I have several other mods, VV/VW's and Mech's but since Sunday I haven't put the VTR down. It will take a lower ohm coil than my other VV/VW's but other than a quick try I have stuck to the 30S on it.

pcrdude

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2013
I posten in the clearo section, but I'll reiterate here.

I got the "bare" version of a stainless steel swivel tip from DeserVapes, put it on a Kanger Protank 2, put that in the VTR, and it works great. I still like the 30s (not as much as the PT2), but being able to have the PT2 for tank busters, with the functionality of the swivel tip is awesome.

Vape on peeps (veeps).

;)

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
My new VTR with a Protank 1.

image.jpg

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I started to get the noise on my VTR now! :-(

Also started getting the burnt taste... What optimal voltage and wattage settings do you all use? Or find are the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How do you run the VTR at 10 watts,and not get a burnt taste in your vapor?:?: The highest I can run mine is about 8 watts,before I get the "burnt popcorn" taste in my juice?
I'm sounding like a broken record, I know, but I have used every clearo out there, and the ONLY clearo that I can vape at 8.0 watts and higher without getting a burnt taste is the Innokin iClear 30S. I generally use it at 9.0 to 10.0 watts but have used it as high as 12.0 watts.

It's simply amazing and I will not use anything else. I've ordered a truckload (a Tonka truck) of replacement coils. Each coil lasts 5 to 10 times as long as the Kanger and Aspire coils I'd been using previously, so even though they're more costly they're cheaper. :)

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I use a vendors juice 60/40 mix. Are there different ratios that are "less prone" to burning?

VG is thick and viscous which means it doesn't wick quickly or well. If the wicking can't keep up with the amount of juice the coil is vaporizing you will get a burnt taste.

Lower the power, use a higher PG juice or add a drop or two of distilled water to the juice in your iClear 30s to thin it a bit.

rks1949

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Lawrenceville,Illinois
I've found out today,by pumping the fire button, (press,release,two times) during my long draws,eliminates the burnt taste,at high wattage settings!:toast: I'm now running the VTR at 10 watts,getting tons of vapor,and no burnt taste! My juice is a 60/40 blend and seems to wick fine. I might add a small amount of water to the juice,and see if this helps it wick faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread