Status
Not open for further replies.

usehername

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2008
USA
In review of the situation:
Both PG and NONPG are involved
There is no single flavor or group of flavors that stands out.
Storage methods are varied
There is at least one report of an "unopened" bottle involved

There is only one common involved so far.
My theory is that THE SAMPLE SET BOTTLES themselves are the fault.

Anyone with certain discoloration other than the sample sets reply..

slianfoxob

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2008
Bethlehem, PA
They are in Brown bottles and have been stored in the fridge since purchase.

I'm wondering if this is what did it? not keeping them cool enough or in complete darkness. although, my old drafty apartment has basically been a giant fridge for the past couple months...

also, usehername makes a good point. has anyone with a 10ml or 30ml bottle got some green going on?

Foxy

scrubadub

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
London, UK
I've checked my 30ml bottles that I've had for a couple of months. They are in brown bottles, have been kept in the fridge and the liquid hasn't gone green. Not sure I want to use it anymore though.

Edit: I should have added that they've only been in the fridge for the last month. Before that they were kept in a dark draw but at room temperature.

usehername

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2008
USA
I also have some samplers in brown bottles, both PG and VG. I've had them for just over a week. To be honest I don't think it matters how long I've had them, it's the manufacturing date that's most important and don't know when that was.

To add to the list of usehername, the samplers all appear to be in clear bottles.

Bluewolf reported both clear and brown bottles affected.

TxTrouble

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Near Dallas, Texas
I too have sent an email to JC. Not sure if it will help but I did ask what was in their liquid.
I had purchased a 30ml bottle of the Vanilla shortly after I had recieved my sample pack. I have used about 3/4 of the bottle there is no color change in it at all.
And I dont remember getting a "pouch" to return things in with my order.
D

usehername

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2008
USA
I too have sent an email to JC. Not sure if it will help but I did ask what was in their liquid.
I had purchased a 30ml bottle of the Vanilla shortly after I had recieved my sample pack. I have used about 3/4 of the bottle there is no color change in it at all.
And I dont remember getting a "pouch" to return things in with my order.
D

I am not sure it will help to flood JC with concern emails. If you have discolored liquid then by all means let him know. Otherwise if you are not directly involved it might be best to monitor the situation by revisiting and participating in this thread.

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
Can those of you who have some good and some green compare the amount of liquid left? It seems to me that there is a sort of equation between the amount of air in bottles and discoloration. The less juice, the darker green. Like this:

539d1231079188-johnson-creek-juice-turning-green-hpim4243.jpg

(Stolen from slianfoxob)

slianfoxob

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2008
Bethlehem, PA
yes, i definitely think there may be something to that. the 4 bottles that don't seem affected are the flavors i didn't use very much which are Chocolate Almond Decadence, Mint Chocolate Madness, Vanilla Ice Cream, and Smooth Hickory.

I'm beginning to agree with others that have said it may just be something in the flavors oxidizing...

Foxy

TxTrouble

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Near Dallas, Texas
I am not sure it will help to flood JC with concern emails. If you have discolored liquid then by all means let him know. Otherwise if you are not directly involved it might be best to monitor the situation by revisiting and participating in this thread.

I am not sure if you just missed it but if you look at post 35 (I think it is) you will see that I do indeed have a bottle of green wild cherry and have posted pics. :)

Last edited:

usehername

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2008
USA
I am not sure if you just missed it but if you look at post 35 (I think it is) you will see that I do indeed have a bottle of green wild cherry and have posted pics. :)

Beg your pardon. I pulled out posts from those that actually had discolored liquid (sort of a summary for my own review) I have your post but failed to get your name above it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread